Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

My Simpletech External Hard Disk Mulfuntioning - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Simpletech External Hard Disk Mulfuntioning (1251 Views)

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help / How To Replace Internal Hard Disk With Extenal Usb Hard Disk In Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Simpletech External Hard Disk Mulfuntioning by kay8080: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2009
Just yesterday I said i sud copy a file from my external hard disk to my friend's system but to my greatest dismay the antivirus clean off everytin on my hard dis as it was requesting me to delete a trojan virus it detected and u know all dis anti-virus if u did not delete such alert the device wud not open, so i deleted the trojan on my eternal hard disk thats how av not been able to access my files any more

But when i plug the same external hard disk to my system, it detected it from MY COMPUTER, it even shows the amount of free space and ised spaced on the devices but when i double click to open it tells me tht folder is empty.

As it is I can see tht the hard disk still has the files there(over 100Gigs) but when i attempt to open it it tells me the folder is empty.

Plz wht can i do or wht sud i do to get my eternal hard disk working well again and have access to my files most especially.

Tanks
Re: My Simpletech External Hard Disk Mulfuntioning by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2009
the vius has cahneged the attributes of all your files to hidden/system - which is why you can't see them .down load this tool

http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/local--files/repository/AttributesEditor.zip

unzip it, run it , browse to the folder . the files will show select them all by using shift and uncheck kidden, system
they should show

you need dotnet 2.2 installed to run it . no prob if you're on vista

(1) (Reply)

The 1000 Most-visited Sites On The Web / >>GET Freedom Vouchers HERE (FREE PC BROWSIN...EVEN FASTA THAN TOR VIDALIA)<< / Converting PDF File To Word Document File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.