Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Petr Cech Reveals What It's Like To Have Never Conceded A Goal To Barcelona Star - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Petr Cech Reveals What It's Like To Have Never Conceded A Goal To Barcelona Star (407 Views)

Portugal Vs Spain: The Moment Ronaldo Scored Free-Kick Goal To Tie At 3:3 / Arsenal Fan Slumps, Dies In Imo As Club Concedes Goal To Stoke City / John Ogu Dedicates His Goal To Wife And Unborn Child With Funny Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Petr Cech Reveals What It's Like To Have Never Conceded A Goal To Barcelona Star by goalisma(m): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2015
Not many high profile keepers can say that the world's best player hasn't scored against them

Arsenal keeper Petr Cech has revealed his incredible record against Lionel Messi – and hopes to make it a perfect 10.
Barcelona superstar Messi has never scored against Cech in eight previous meetings and even crashed a penalty against the crossbar in the Nou Camp in 2012.
Cech will go head-to-head with the world’s greatest player when Arsenal meet Barcelona in their Champions League showdown.
And Cech believes Arsenal can cause another upset against the might of Barcelona and repeat Chelsea’s victory on the way to their European glory in 2012.

Cech said: “I didn’t realise myself for a long time, but, last time we played them, somebody found out and then he missed a penalty and we managed to go to the final and we went on to win the Champions League.
“It’s great, not many people can say they’ve played eight games or how many minutes against Messi and he hasn’t found a way to get past me.

“But, if he scores and we progress to the next round, it’s not important.
"What’s important is for us to make sure that we give ourselves a chance to progress to the next round.
“As long as we keep progressing, if he scores a hat-trick and we go through, then I won’t mind.”

visit www.goalisma..com for more football news and prediction.

(1) (Reply)

'The African Zidane' - Twitter Explodes With 'mikel Mania' / Super Sunday: Arsenal V Chelsea 5pm / Chelsea Sack Steward For Insulting & Calling Fabregas A Snake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.