Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True (1659 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters / Pope Francis Says Be Proud Of Your Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
POPE FRANCIS SAYS GENESIS ACCOUNT OF CREATION IS NOT TRUE
The Catholic Church no longer teaches creationism - the belief that God created the world in six days - and says that the account in the book of Genesis...
pope-francis-says-genesis-creation-account-not-true-teaches-evolution-catholic-church
by Geoffrey Grider October 27, 2014

THE BIG BANG, WHICH SCIENTISTS BELIEVE LED TO THE FORMATION OF THE UNIVERSE SOME 13.8 BILLION YEARS AGO, WAS ALL PART OF GOD’S PLAN, POPE FRANCIS HAS DECLARED.

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." Colossians 1:16,17

The Pope said the scientific account of the beginning of the universe and the development of life through evolution are compatible with the Catholic Church's vision of creation. He told a meeting of the Vatican’s Pontifical Academy for Sciences: 'The Big Bang, which today we hold to be the origin of the world, does not contradict the intervention of the divine creator but, rather, requires it.'

pope-francis-says-genesis-creation-account-not-true-teaches-evolution-catholic-church

The Catholic Church no longer teaches creationism – the belief that God created the world in six days – and says that the account in the book of Genesis is an allegory for the way God created the world.

But he said Christians should reject the idea that world came into being by chance. Likewise, evolution was all part of God's plan, he explained. The development of each creature's characteristics over millennia 'does not contrast with the notion of creation because evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve,' he said.

"READING GENESIS WE IMAGINE THAT GOD IS 'A WIZARD WITH A MAGIC WAND' CAPABLE OF DOING ALL THINGS, HE SAID. 'BUT IT IS NOT SO. HE CREATED LIFE AND LET EACH CREATURE DEVELOP ACCORDING TO THE NATURAL LAWS WHICH HE HAD GIVEN EACH ONE.'

Francis praised his predecessor, Benedict, who initiated attempts to shed the Catholic Church's image of being anti-science, a label that stuck when it condemned the astronomer Galileo to death for teaching that the earth revolves around the sun.

The Catholic Church no longer teaches creationism – the belief that God created the world in six days – and says that the account in the book of Genesis is an allegory for the way God created the world.

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/pope-francis-says-genesis-account-creation-true/
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by bloomstar: 12:47pm On Dec 30, 2015
do not mess with anointed man if God. the stone of the Catholic church. better hold your fingers if you don't know wah to post again
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by KingEbukaNaija: 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
shocked shocked shocked .

grin grin grin
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by bronzegoddess(f): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2015
Me...I'll stick with what I read in the bible. Tainks
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by psucc(m): 1:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
Whose report should we believe; pope's, pastor's or God's.
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Haha! How things change! The Catholic Church which was the "arm of christianity" in the days when Intellectual darkness spread throughtout Europe is slowly "evolving."grin

I'm not surprised by this turn of events. Lemaitre, the Scientist who originally proposed the Big Bang theory was a Catholic. The same thing goes for Leakey, who proved evolution.

Well, I said it before and I'm saying it again: The God-did-it box is getting smaller.
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
bloomstar:

do not mess with anointed man if God. the stone of the Catholic church. better hold your fingers if you don't know wah to post again

Have you got anything to say to defend or debunk the OP? undecided
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by marykaydee: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
OP, please correct the title of the thread. The pope didn't say that the creation account in genesis is false, he said that the big bang and evolution isn't incompartible with scripture rightly understood. That was how he said the lgbt should be welcomed to the church because christ came for the sinners, that we should love them as christ loves the sinner. They claimed he said he supports gay rights. This pope don suffer so many false articles and deliberate interpretations.

Pls your title is untrue.
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Dec 30, 2015
SkydaDGreat:

Copy and paste is not difficult na angry

I believe you spoke so soon. wink
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by taurus25(m): 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
psucc:
neither..... we are here by chance!
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by PastorAIO: 7:03pm On Dec 30, 2015
psucc:

Where did you hear God's report?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:07am On Jan 07, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

shocked shocked shocked .

grin grin grin

Happy New Year, KingEbukaNaija. cheesy
Re: Pope Francis Says Genesis Account Of Creation Is Not True by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11am On Jan 09, 2016
bronzegoddess:

Me...I'll stick with what I read in the bible. Tainks

That's a good idea. cool

(1) (Reply)

Rccg Prayer Points For 50days Fasting:day36-day42 / Why Martin Luther Removed Some Books From The Bible / Mamawata A Dead Mermaid Found At The Sea Shore.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.