Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export (13656 Views)

The Centeral Bank Of Nigeria Targets Single Digit Inflation Rate. / 10 Nigerian Banks Rake In N138bn From Alerts, E-services In One Year / CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by ednut1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Heard tins like dis in d past
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by mightyrocket(m): 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
ok

We are going back to Agriculture. Diversification is better than being obsessed with our oyel moni alone
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice forecast though I expected more than that amount from cashew in 2020.

That can barely fund our senators' wardrobe allowances and the president's fleet of cars.

Sorry, what's the
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by lomzy1(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
This is a very good development. Cashew season will start in february. There is a lot of opportunity available in cashew nuts trading.
But it is very risky just like any other business, you need to learn the trade and have the basic knowledge before you can start it. Its quite profitable only if its done properly.
You can sell locally to exporters in nigeria or export it directly to foreign buyers.
You can also act as a link between buyers and sellers (broker).. In this case you get a certain fixed commission agreed by all parties involved.
You can also be a local agent.. Bu sourcing for exporters or suppliers.

To learn more about cashew nuts business.. I recommend these posts:

https://www.nairaland.com/883892/free-report-cashew-nuts-biz
https://www.nairaland.com/1975363/cashew-nuts-trading-what-need

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice. ..

Let's not forget it's still a forecast though.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nice forecast though I expected more than that amount from cashew in 2020 being the second largest non-oil foreign exchange earner. Hope this is not how petty we're going to get eventually in the absence of oil. That can barely fund our senators' wardrobe allowances and the president's fleet of cars.

Sorry, what's the largest non-oil foreign exchange earner? Hope it's far more promising. ...
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by castruccio(m): 9:26pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ok... That's a welcome development, we @ afiaafrika.com.ng will gladly particpate in this
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by playboy19(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
lomzy1:
This is a very good development. Cashew season will start in february. There is a lot of opportunity available in cashew nuts trading.
But it is very risky just like any other business, you need to learn the trade and have the basic knowledge before you can start it. Its quite profitable only if its done properly.
You can sell locally to exporters in nigeria or export it directly to foreign buyers.
You can also act as a link between buyers and sellers (broker).. In this case you get a certain fixed commission agreed by all parties involved.
You can also be a local agent.. Bu sourcing for exporters or suppliers.

To learn more about cashew nuts business.. I recommend these posts:

https://www.nairaland.com/883892/free-report-cashew-nuts-biz
https://www.nairaland.com/1975363/cashew-nuts-trading-what-need

You are absolutely right. I once burnt my hand in that trade. I deligated some idiiot employees to source the product and package for export. They went to Kogi and party away with the school girls. Long story short we ended up loosing N13m in total. We've since then moved on and done well anyway.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by lomzy1(m): 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
coolzeal:
Good for Enugu state.. They have the best quality of cashew in the country.
NO sir. The best quality of cashew in nigeria is found in ogbomosho (oyo state)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by ZUBY77(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
What is the need when senators and presidency will just buy cars with the money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by dominique(f): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
NORAD:

The dwindling fuel price is blessing in disguise for Nigeria.

It's the wake-up call we need.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by hollywater: 9:39pm On Dec 30, 2015
They have come again with sweet mouth. 138 what from cashew? Joke of 18 Century.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by lomzy1(m): 9:40pm On Dec 30, 2015
playboy19:

You are absolutely right. I once burnt my hand in that trade. I deligated some idiiot employees to source the product and package for export. They went to Kogi and party away with the school girls. Long story short we ended up loosing N13m in total. We've since then moved on and done well anyway.
As an investor, its advisable one is on ground to monitor the whole process. Thank God to hear you have moved on and doing well. I think the bad experience has made you a better trader. I think once someone understands the technical and practical aspects of the business, it becomes easier thereafter.
Looking forward to 2016 season..
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by coolzeal(m): 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2015
lomzy1:

NO sir. The best quality of cashew in nigeria is found in ogbomosho (oyo state)
I am only promoting my state to attract more investors in cashew business. We have good quality cashew and arable vast land to grow more in Enugu state.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by drizzit(m): 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
Always targeting.... Wondering when we will eventually hit one of our targets...
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
Nicepoker:
u think so? The president said if crude oil prizes continue to drop then Nigeria won't be able to fund most of her capital project. Abi u no watch am live?

Honestly, I didn't. You'll be surprised at how well we'd adapt if we stop making money from oil. Don't underestimate the resolve of any nation to survive in times of severe hardship.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2015
Our eye Don dey clear well well oo..Make we just practice true federalism at once na...The non oil producing states should be brave and explore all that there is to explore and generate revenue..governors of the various states should get to work and stop expecting the national cake shared to them..nigeria can grow if we practice regionalism...may something grant buhari the sense to adopt regionalism...please..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by lomzy1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2015
coolzeal:
I am only promoting my state to attract more investors in cashew business. We have good quality cashew and arable vast land to grow more in Enugu state.
you are right... there is good quality of cashew nuts in Enugu also.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by soos: 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2015
dejonathan:
Work Alert....Farmers Needed Urgently For Cashew Exportation

I just dey watch ur cashew mouth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
More than Enugu,Abia and Imo? I doubt u bro
Ojochegbe1:
let them come to my state "kogi" home of cashew..
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Femich18(m): 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ojochegbe1:

Dekina and Bassa ryt?
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Femich18(m): 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ojochegbe1:

Dekina and Bassa ryt?
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by gebest: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ojochegbe1:
and my state edo cities of.cashew.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by lomzy1(m): 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2015
kogi state have the largest concentration of cashew nuts in nigeria, followed by oyo state.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by thecavemanesq(m): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2015
[size=8pt]KUDOS TO THIS ADMINISTRATION. WE NEED TO DEPEND LESS ON OIL AND DEPEND MORE ON ARABLE AND CASH CROPS THAT THE COUNTRY IS FIT TO PRODUCE AND EXPORT FOR THE RE-EVALUATION OF THE NAIRA AMONGST THE COMITY OF NATIONS grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by lynx200(m): 12:24am On Dec 31, 2015
This is pure rubbish as far as I am concerned. Exporting raw crops abroad does nothing to help the economy. What should be done is promoting industrialization using these cash crops as a starting point. Cashew sells for a little above $1000 per tonne but their derivatives from the nuts, oil and fruits can fetch around $10000. Processing the various cash crops into industrial products like chocolate from cocoa, industrial starch and ethanol from cassava and leather shoes from hides and skins should be the step that should be promoted instead of just exporting them raw as this would earn higher amount of foreign exchange and provide employment. In light of this projection should be made about the projected demand for products that can be made from the cash crops. You don't expect the international community to buy your products for charity,

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by wink2015(m): 12:41am On Dec 31, 2015
[size=18pt]See how Nigerian leadership is foolish. When big oil money was coming into your account freely and cheaply. You miss use it in different ways including corruption instead of using it to develop the country. Now Nigeria is looking for money the hard way by wanting to export cashew nut.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by wink2015(m): 12:47am On Dec 31, 2015
lynx200:
This is pure rubbish as far as I am concerned. Exporting raw crops abroad does nothing to help the economy. What should be done is promoting industrialization using these cash crops as a starting point. Cashew sells for a little above $1000 per tonne but their derivatives from the nuts, oil and fruits can fetch around $10000. Processing the various cash crops into industrial products like chocolate from cocoa, industrial starch and ethanol from cassava and leather shoes from hides and skins should be the step that should be promoted instead of just exporting them raw as this would earn higher amount of foreign exchange and provide employment. In light of this projection should be made about the projected demand for products that can be made from the cash crops. You don't the international community to buy your products for charity,

I support your views here. I think it is foolish for us to grow our economy exporting raw cashew nut etc. Like you stated, we should develop the products into various byproducts that we can use and export overseas and that will also create jobs. They should not export raw product just like the way we export crude oil.

Time is now catching up with Nigeria. Their holiday period is over. Now it is reality time. No more big oil money.
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by SmartMugu: 2:27am On Dec 31, 2015
franciskaine:
you can't be farther than the truth, the numerous quantum of cashew harvest wasting in the South East is enough to free us from d crisis of global oil volatility.
Niger Delta militants would hate to know that cashew is more relevant than their 'oyel'.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by joshbj(m): 4:32am On Dec 31, 2015
Where is my hoe.... To my father's Land
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by mescapee: 5:17am On Dec 31, 2015
Enugu, here they come
Re: Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 31, 2015
They are just waking up.

But the amount for which a 40 feet container is sold is very small, roughly N800,000.

I no wan all these kobo kobo business..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Online Business Can You Start With 5,000 Naira And Make Profit? / GT Assur Now MANSARD Insurance. / Five Mistakes Smart Leaders Make That Can Ruin Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.