Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,743 members, 7,813,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

SALESMANSHIP CENTRE - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SALESMANSHIP CENTRE (1471 Views)

SALESMANSHIP CENTRE: Two Widely Held Marketing Myths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by SalesConsultant(m): 7:00am On Dec 31, 2015
Lesson 1

THIS APPROACH OF SELLING WILL MAKE YOU FORTUNES IN 2016
BY SALESMANSHIP CENTRE

In ancient Greece the great Hippocrates outlined the four behavioral styles as Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholic and Phlegmatic. Except you wont be dealing with human beings, each person you come across have his or her dominant behavioural style. This affects their choices and to a greater extent, determines how they make their buying decisions. In 1932 professor Lionel Robin pointed this out in his definition of economics as the science that studies human behaviors as a relationship between ends and scare means.... The illustration below will show us why this definition was largely acknowledge and accepted across the world and how adopting the approach of selling will make you fortunes in 2016.

Now, imagine the advert of a Mobile phone on TV with all the enticing graphics, smiling faces and the appealing effects as you read this: “GET THE LATEST 2015 XXXX PHONE. CHECK OUR THE STYLISH DESIGNS WITH CUTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY OF SMART BUSINESS TOOLS FOR GOAL GETTERS. ENRISHED WITH SOCIAL APPS THAT MAKES YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS COME ALIVE, IT’S COME WITH ONE YEAR GUARANTEE AND A 24HOURS CUSTOMERS SERVICES AT AN UNBEATABLE PRIZE OF XXXX ONLY. YES! THE REAL VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY GETS YOURS NOW!” Together, lets now look the at the choices of words used in this advert and then do a little analysis, with regard to the well known four behavioural styles in our society:

SANGUINE: They are the friendly, stylish people in our society. They love to look good and are usually the first sets of people to try out new products or get the latest gadgets, cars, visit entertainments centers, wear clothing’s and electronics, especially ones that tends to improve their social status, get more admirations from friends, spouse and colleagues. To these folk’s the right words are LATEST, STYLISH, SOCIAL AND COME ALIVE as used above.

CHOLERIC: They are dynamic, adventurous and fast pace people who hate to waste time. If what you sell will help them perfume faster, achieve their goals or objectives they are in. the cost is not much of an issue. To these folks the right words are SMART TOOLS, TECHNOLOGY, CUTTING EDGE, GOAL GETTER as used the illustration above.

MELANCHOLIC: They are peaceful, amiable and easy going people. They won’t deliberately offend you and they don’t need any trouble from you either. Friendship and relationship mean a lot to them. So they need some assurance that you truly value their patronage and you are not another hit and run hawker. So to these folks the right words would be 24 HOURS CUSTOMER SERVICE, GUARANTEE as also used above.

PHLEMATIC: They are the most difficult people to sell to. They won’t buy because it is new, latest, stylish or hottest in town. Even your customer care means little or nothing to them. Like accountants, they are more concerned about the benefits cost ratio. So the right word is REAL VALUE FOR MONEY as used above. So let us put the words together:

GET THE LATEST 2015 XXXX PHONE. CHECK OUR THE STYLISH DESIGNS WITH CUTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY OF SMART BUSINESS TOOLS FOR GOAL GETTERS. ENRISHED WITH SOCIAL APPS THAT MAKES YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS COME ALIVE, IT’S COME WITH ONE YEAR GUARANTEE AND A 24HOURS CUSTOMERS SERVICES AT AN UNBEATABLE PRIZE OF XXXX ONLY. YES! THE REAL VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY GETS YOURS NOW!

With careful observation you will come to understand why this kind of advertisement is targeted at the general public and at the same time come to appreciate Professor Lionel definition of Economics. Perhaps, you too have come to see things more clearly. Have you?

Selling is an art! Which mean, anyone who puts his heart into it can learn the entire skills involved. However, you must stop locking at things on the surface levels, and start looking at the underlying motivations of customers. The process of selling is to convince your target customer that they will be better off with your product or services than they will be with the money necessary to buy your products or services.
Take sometime, to view your products or services from the standpoints of your potential customers. Do so with regard to their behavioral style. And then ask yourself:

• Who am I really selling to?
• Do my customers cut across the four behavioral styles or just some?
• Am I using the right language?

Well, selling his not as difficult as you think. For instance if your product is targeted at the Sanguine in our society, your job is to convince them that your product, services will make them look good, be more appreciated by peers or the opposite sex, show them how it will improve their appearance, prestige, social status, help them get more approval from friends and recognitions compared to what they have to pay for it. And if they can afford it, why won’t they buy from you?

As simple as it seem, many business today budget millions of naira yearly on adverts and promotions on televisions, radio, internet and so on. Only to end up using the wrong language on their target customers and then, they wondered why the heavy campaigns of their products and services aren’t yielding the desire results. Do it right today and you could be on your way to fortunes in 2016, do it wrong again and go broke.

SOURCE:
www.salesmanshipcentre.com
©2015

1 Like

Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by mrsage(m): 7:55am On Dec 31, 2015
How can I reach you?
Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by caesaraba(m): 9:16am On Dec 31, 2015
Followed.
Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by SalesConsultant(m): 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
mrsage:
How can I reach you?

Please check on our website: www.salesmanshipcentre.com

Thanks @Mrsage
Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by SalesConsultant(m): 6:58am On Jan 02, 2016
caesaraba:
Followed.
You are welcome
Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by SalesConsultant(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
Thanks for all your comments
Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by syler360: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2016
wow nice article..
Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by SalesConsultant(m): 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
syler360:
wow nice article..
Thanks Syler360
Re: SALESMANSHIP CENTRE by SalesConsultant(m): 5:52am On Jan 15, 2016
Lessons 2

TWO WIDELY HELD MARKETING MYTHS THAT GET NOVICE BUSINESS OWNERS IN TROUBLE

Because most of us have been educated and trained to view with a job mind-set rather than a self-employment mind-set, there are two widely marketing myths that get novice business owners in trouble. Recognizing and correcting them in 2016 will save you a lot of time, money and frustration.

MYTH #1: Because I Love It, It Will Sell
Let’s assume you are starting a new business or have a great idea for a new product or services. It’s terrific. It’s creative. It’s wonderful. It’s unique. It’s the greatest idea you have ever had! Therefore it will sell. Right? Guest again.

The problem with this kind of thinking is that you are assuming your customers have the same wants, needs, taste, and view of the world as you do. And while that may or may not be true, to assume its true is taking a blind and dangerous risk. You don’t get rich selling what you love. You get rich selling customers what they want.

MYTH #2: If I Do the Best Job, the Customers Will Come
How I wish that were true just do the best work and you’ll get the gold star. It works in school. It works in sports. It some times works on the job. But in the marketplace, it rarely works ‘if you build it, they will come’ is from the movie field of dreams. Its not form the marketplace.

Here is the problem. In the market place there is no best work. There is only the perception for what is best. What you perceive as the best work, someone else may perceive as average, mediocre, or poor work. What one customer thinks is a great value is a waste of money to another. In the real world, there’s no such thing as:

• A good value or poor value;
• A good product or a poor product;
• High quality or low quality
• A great service or poor service
• A good deal or a bad deal.
Only the customer perceptions make it so.

ILLUSTRATION:
Mr A own and spend fortune on radio station but never made profit. Why? He insisted on playing the music he loved- the likes of Don Williams, classical, jazz and soft instrumentals. The playing of Hip Hop, rock, fuji, dance Hall and gospel music was forbidden because he doesn’t like it. Well, you can just imagine what size of audience that drew in a city like Lagos. Few people tuned in, and because the audience was small, few businesses paid to advertise on the station.

On the other hand is Mr B, a nearby competing station owned the market because the owner had a total different mind-set. Mr B said in his own words “I hate listening to my station because I can’t stand the music. I just tell the manager to play what the people want, and we keep making money”

Your success as entrepreneur won’t be determined by the products or services you offer. It wont be determined by how hard you work or how many hours you put in. Nor will it be determined by your IQ, the number of degrees you have, or whom you know.
You can do a great job, work hard, be brilliant, have great contacts, and still go broke. It happens every day because these factors don’t determine success in business. They may contribute to success but they wont determined it.

The success of business is determined by the number of its customers and how much they spend. And that’s determined by what they think, feel, and believe about the business. Period. Successful marketing is a game played between your customers and potential customers’ ears. It’s not what you know but what they perceive that counts. When it comes to real world marketing, how you perceive your business is irrelevant. How customers perceive your business is everything.

Source: www.salesmanshipcentre.com
©2015

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Find Packet Manufacturers For My Product / SUBMIT And Promote Your Products And Services HERE / Make 4%-10% Monthly Rio To Investors>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.