Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

My Experience In The Job Hunting World! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience In The Job Hunting World! (772 Views)

Diary Of August! (my Experience In The University) / My Terrible Experience In Lagos / My Experience With an Upcoming Artist (Short Story ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience In The Job Hunting World! by bababodmas(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
MY EXPERIENCE IN THE JOB HUNTING WORLD!

It was around past 7pm, I was as usual in the evening program organised by our church for those seeking the face of God for jobs (part of which I definetly am)
A prayer point has just been led and pple were praying very hard that I begin to have doubts as to whether I stand any chance of getting any job anytime soon considering the way I handled my own prayers!
The guy next to me was praying so hard that spit was dripping from his mouth with reckless abandon and I wondered if God will actually answer the prayers of someone shouting at him!
The guy had such a mean look on his face like he was actually reporting the person who is behind his predicament to God rather than actually begging God for mercy!
The lady behind me was speaking in tongue with such mastery that I wondered what she needed a job for! She could make good income by recording a youtube video teaching pple how to speak in tongues!cheesy
As I looked forward, the pastors eyes locked with mine and he gave me such a horrible look that seems to tell me how much he stands to loose in percentages of 10 if I don't pray hard in other to get a job!
The AC was functional in the hall, yet people were sweating and perspirating like someone held in traffick along ikorodu road in a public bus with overcrowded persengers!
The assistant pastor too was nooding his head so hard that I begin to wonder if he would even remember the name of the church after such vigorous head nodding!
I tried to mutter some prayers too but the heavy body odour mixed with cheap deodourants comming out of ampits raised to the high heavens makes me wonder if JESUS would be so generous enough to bring blessings to that kind of environment!
I tried to bring out my handkerchief and dat was when I saw a text message on my blackberry! Alas it was an invitation to a job interview sent by one of the numerous company I had sent my 1page CV!

To be continued soon! (Indicate ur interest tho)
#bababodmas!
Re: My Experience In The Job Hunting World! by bababodmas(m): 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
MY EXPERIENCE (contd)!

A wild rush of happiness ran through my spine, I swear I could feel the taste on tongue! An interview is not a small thing to come by these days! The sound of the bell rang by the pastor to signal the end of the ongoing prayer juggled me out of my frenzy!
A war song was led and job seekers started dancing and jumping like as if they've all been offered a placement in chevron!
Series of confessions were chanted and people reapeted the verses after the pastor!
In no time a lady anounced that we shall be giving our offrieng anytime soon! Immediately I heard that, my mind went into a calculative mode, as I try to calculate how much was in my pocket and how much would take me to my interview venue come Monday! I resulted in offfreing God my dance rather that my Money!
Calm and quite came into the auditorium has the church anouncer read out the available anouncement meant for new comers and church members alike!
The grace was shared and the friday evening program was officially brought to an end! I was grateful I had my miracle then and there!
I trekked home that evening with so much joy that the road seems a little shorter than usual! I couldn't wait to get home and share my joy with my roomates who by now should have been home too! (He went to another church program) we planned to go to two diffrent church programs so as to get God attention by all means!
A call came unto my phone! It was my roommate! He said he wouldn't be coming home that night and won't be back till monday as he has been summoned by his elder sister!!! I managed to break the news to him on phone and he was happy for me! Wished me success!
I was disapointed because there wouldn't be anyone to atleast practise some interview questions with before I set out for the real interview!
Fast forward to monday morning! I had my bath as early as 5am! Polished my shoe for the next 1hour! I gathered my documents (both original and photocopy) infact I took the ones I knew I won't even need! Things like my health centre card and jamb form reciepts! Lol
I adorned myself with my well drycleaned white shirt and black trouser with a slim tie all set and ready! Looking like an half licked tom tom!

To be continued
#bababodmas!

(1) (Reply)

HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW IYALODE EFUNSETAN ANIWURA (IYALODE IBADAN)? / Beyond Relationship / this book with blank pages is a best seller (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.