Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk (1802 Views)

Everyday Things That Increases Your Cancer Risk / No Bra Day: Can You Go Braless Today? / Everyday Lifestyle Choices Can Determine Breast Cancer Risk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by Rhea(f): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
Men who have regular orgasms - once a day - are less likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer, a study has found.

Regular ejaculation throughout their lives reduces the risk of the disease, scientists discovered.

The researchers, from Harvard Medical School, said they could not explain why orgasms could lower prostate cancer risk, adding further research is necessary.

However it has previously been suggested that regular orgasms may flush out cancer-causing chemicals in the prostate.
Another theory is that if sperm is regularly cleaned out to allow new cells to develop, it helps stop the build-up of old cells that might be more likely to turn cancerous.

The prostate is a small satsuma-sized gland located between a man's penis and his bladder.

Its main function is to produce a thick white fluid that is mixed with the sperm produced by the testicles, to create semen.

The Harvard study is the largest to date to examine the frequency of ejaculation and related prostate cancer risk.

The researchers found that men in the 40 to 49 age bracket who ejaculate 21 or more times a month reduced their risk of prostate cancer by 22 per cent.

This was compared to men who ejaculate four to seven times a month.

While the researchers said they were unclear as to why ejaculation lowers the chances of prostate cancer, they called the results ‘particularly encouraging'.

The study followed almost 32,000 healthy men for 18 years - 3,839 of whom later were diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Men were asked about their average monthly frequency of ejaculation between the ages of 20 to 29, 40 to 49, and in 1991, the year prior to the questionnaire.

They found that the more frequently a man ejaculated throughout his life, the lower his risk of prostate cancer at all three of these points in time.

This was the case even when they adjusted their results to take factors such as diet, lifestyle and a history of prostate cancer screening into account.

Dr Jennifer Rider, of Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, said the results are ‘particularly encouraging’ but should be interpreted with caution.

She said: ‘While these data are the most compelling to date on the potential benefit of ejaculation on prostate cancer development, they are observational data and should be interpreted somewhat cautiously.

‘At the same time, given the lack of modifiable risk factors for prostate cancer, the results of this study are particularly encouraging.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3379287/How-orgasm-day-slash-man-s-cancer-risk-Regular-sex-lowers-chance-prostate-tumors-20.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

1 Like

Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by kingslly(m): 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
Now I be like Baby please now,do you want me to get cancer? Lemme just get these cancer cells of ma waist grin

3 Likes

Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by obontami: 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
FTboi/FTboy brickspumping codedBadboy fuckmewell crazysaint jealousprince 4every14everybody missstella misspicy/mispicy cutehector

Make una come see Ooo after now somepeople go dey say sex is not good

1 Like

Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by joseph1832(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2016
obontami:
FTboi/FTboy brickspumbing jelousprince 4every14everybody missstella misspicy/mispicy cutehector

Anybody who say sex is not good is clearly being a hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by obontami: 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2016
joseph1832:
Anybody who say sex is not good is clearly being a hypocrite.

True breh, how did u get to see my post here on health section ??

I was kinda surprise to see u here, u often come to section ??
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by joseph1832(m): 6:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
obontami:

We follow each other remember. LOL.
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by obontami: 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2016
joseph1832:
We follow each other remember. LOL.
true

How is ur day going ??
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by joseph1832(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2016
obontami:
true

How is ur day going ??
Same ol' same ol' bruv. Just watching Arsenal Vs Chelsea in a bar in Dalemo axis in Alakuko. You?
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by obontami: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2016
joseph1832:
Same ol' same ol' bruv. Just watching Arsenal Vs Chelsea in a bar in Dalemo axis in Alakuko. You?
. Just reaching home bro, I went to ikorudu this afternoon
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by FTBoi: 8:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
obontami:

seriously. not only cancer but it also helps to relieve stress. pvssy can't kill a man. rather, sexually transmitted diseases can
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by joseph1832(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
obontami:
. Just reaching home bro, I went to ikorudu this afternoon
Cool.
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by obontami: 9:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
FTBoi:
seriously. not only cancer but it also helps to relieve stress. pvssy can't kill a man. rather, sexually transmitted diseases can
true that breh

BTW what happened to ur FTboy account abi ishilove don arrange for dem mods make dem ban am ?? grin
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by FTBoi: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
obontami:
true that breh

BTW what happened to ur FTboy account abi ishilove don arrange for dem mods make dem ban am ?? grin
LMAO! Ishi wey dem don fleece?
na one babe wey dey yab keneth okonkwo say he get big mouth. I come tease am say if that mouth catch her breasts she go like am o. na play I dey play o but e be like say she come go report me to her mod boyfriend. the ban go end on the 28th

1 Like

Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by obontami: 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2016
FTBoi:
LMAO! Ishi wey dem don fleece?
na one babe wey dey yab keneth okonkwo say he get big mouth. I come tease am say if that mouth catch her breasts she go like am o. na play I dey play o but e be like say she come go report me to her mod boyfriend. the ban go end on the 28th

That's so lame of her, who know maybe the girl dey trip for you sef grin

1 Like

Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by FTBoi: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2016
obontami:

That's so lame of her, who know maybe the girl dey trip for you sef grin
LOL! dat one concern am........i no get woman time for now. na to fvck and move on to the next. these hos ain't loyal
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by obontami: 10:58pm On Jan 24, 2016
FTBoi:
LOL! dat one concern am........i no get woman time for now. na to fvck and move on to the next. these hos ain't loyal
omoba that ur ex girlfriend really do you strong thing Ooo
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by missstella(f): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2016
obontami:
FTboi/FTboy brickspumping codedBadboy fuckmewell crazysaint jealousprince 4every14everybody missstella misspicy/mispicy cutehector

Who said sex is not good btw Mr obontami y u dey shout my name
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 25, 2017
Mr President should have read this 30 years ago.

Does it work for >70 year olds too?
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by AlphaSoul: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2021
Rhea:
Men who have regular orgasms - once a day - are less likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer, a study has found.

Regular ejaculation throughout their lives reduces the risk of the disease, scientists discovered.

The researchers, from Harvard Medical School, said they could not explain why orgasms could lower prostate cancer risk, adding further research is necessary.

However it has previously been suggested that regular orgasms may flush out cancer-causing chemicals in the prostate.
Another theory is that if sperm is regularly cleaned out to allow new cells to develop, it helps stop the build-up of old cells that might be more likely to turn cancerous.

The prostate is a small satsuma-sized gland located between a man's penis and his bladder.

Its main function is to produce a thick white fluid that is mixed with the sperm produced by the testicles, to create semen.

The Harvard study is the largest to date to examine the frequency of ejaculation and related prostate cancer risk.

The researchers found that men in the 40 to 49 age bracket who ejaculate 21 or more times a month reduced their risk of prostate cancer by 22 per cent.

This was compared to men who ejaculate four to seven times a month.

While the researchers said they were unclear as to why ejaculation lowers the chances of prostate cancer, they called the results ‘particularly encouraging'.

The study followed almost 32,000 healthy men for 18 years - 3,839 of whom later were diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Men were asked about their average monthly frequency of ejaculation between the ages of 20 to 29, 40 to 49, and in 1991, the year prior to the questionnaire.

They found that the more frequently a man ejaculated throughout his life, the lower his risk of prostate cancer at all three of these points in time.

This was the case even when they adjusted their results to take factors such as diet, lifestyle and a history of prostate cancer screening into account.

Dr Jennifer Rider, of Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, said the results are ‘particularly encouraging’ but should be interpreted with caution.

She said: ‘While these data are the most compelling to date on the potential benefit of ejaculation on prostate cancer development, they are observational data and should be interpreted somewhat cautiously.

‘At the same time, given the lack of modifiable risk factors for prostate cancer, the results of this study are particularly encouraging.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3379287/How-orgasm-day-slash-man-s-cancer-risk-Regular-sex-lowers-chance-prostate-tumors-20.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
wink
Re: How An Orgasm A Day Can Slash A Man's Cancer Risk by PoliteActivist: 12:55am On Feb 20, 2021
Rhea:

Did they consider: maybe it is not the ejaculation but the sex. Sex has many benefits. Maybe sex without ejaculation will give same result

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About India Hem (marijuana) / Miracle: 57 Year Old Woman Delivers Baby In Nigeria / I Am Finding It Hard To Poo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.