Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

My Gratitude - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Gratitude (623 Views)

GRATITUDE AFTER ONE YEAR....(NOTE: Its not a must read) / Black Africa Owes The West A Huge Debt Of Gratitude. / Gratitude Is The Best Attitude......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Gratitude by okorro1(f): 10:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
MY VERSION OF GRATITUDE by Funmi Richards
That heady feeling you get when people read your work, they love it, it causes a smile or two, it imparts someone’s life or becomes a trending topic can make you do crazy things like talk to that friend you’ve been beefing since, kiss your African mum, make eternal promises to God, even make you pick up that article you threw away as trash a while back. But it’s what most writers desire; ‘recognition’ (of course, money is an added incentive).
(Backtrack)
I started this article being emotional and grateful at the number of views and commendations so far on my previous article, “OAU AND MARRIAGE PROSPECTS”, but I seemed to have become ‘objectively carried’ away. So let’s start all over again…
So I have been blushing since yesterday, and today, when I realised I wasn’t going to be leaving cloud 9 anytime soon, I decided to do something to burst the bubble and make me seem humble again (don’t laugh; its serious). My head has been swelling since and at this rate I’m worried I might be eligible for a contest for hammer head of horror. So, in the words of a wise man, (wait – wanted to act smart and you a brilliant quote but…) the original version of this used ‘piglet’ and no matter how much I might love Winnie The Pooh, I no go fit call myself piglet. So let me rephrase it: ‘Though I may have a very small heart, it can hold a very large amount of gratitude’.
Things I’m grateful for in the Year 2015:
“To the chickens I have eaten this season, thank you for never taking a gun at me like pictures suggested they could.”
To friends who started blogs or businesses this year ‘cause you guys have awoken the hustler in me, thank you.To MTN, for always sending me links to UTME passed questions (even the one they sent today) reminding me that there are still other options and OAU isn’t the end of the world.For cousins and relatives who never called or thought about me and yet expected me to call them; thank you for reminding me that I can choose my friends but I cannot choose my family.To my brothers, for not sending me Christmas and New Year recharge card; thank you, it made me find out that banks now do etranzact by simply dialling a code (no laugh me, I no no before na).
To friends and family, thank you. I know I tend to ramble a lot, but thanks for reading this anyway.To 2015, thanks for being a year to remember (to all things/people I failed to mention, thank you).Baba God I no forget You oh, Ese O.
Now to toast to 2016, after much consideration, here are my New Year resolutions:
• To gain at least 6.6 lbs.
• To understand what it means when people tell me I’m not serious or when they say I’m funny (don’t think I’m crazy a lot of people say it to in the bizarre circumstances that make it clear they are not in any way referring to my sense of humour).
• Finally, and definitely not the least to get a J O B or at the very least become somewhat of an entrepreneur. Peace Out!!! 2016!!
NB: Just had to add this I’m grateful to NASEL OAU ’14 for being over 600 allowing me to play my favourite character ‘Invisible Observer’
Re: My Gratitude by SimonStiles: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2018
hey guys, check out on the need for you to be grateful https://www.teachalearner.com/grateful-everyday/

(1) (Reply)

Games Men Play / The Pains Of Yesterday / Think You Have Nothing To Live For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.