Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 (531562 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 / You’re Killing Local Manufacturers –MAN Alerts CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (345) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by aybynature: 9:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Moneyyy:

Greed is when you risk more than necessary, and for me I'd say when you risk more than 2% of your equity. It's not necessarily about the number of pips you risk.
And yes when I lose I walk away with a smile, I don't try to chase it like a newbie. And yes such discipline comes with years of experience. It's not about whether you lose or win today or this week, it's about being profitable in the long run so losing money today or even for several weeks means nothing to seasoned traders. Like I always say, it's a marathon and not a sprint and the earlier you approach trading with that mentality the better.

Good morning, I trade off the 1 hour chart and I have this strategy that has been working for the one week I tested it...my question is...is it podsible to make between 50-100 pips a day, trading off 1hour all through the trading year or its just seasonal? Do you have an effective strategy to trade 1hour, if yes...would love to know...thank you!
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Fartist: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
aybynature:

Good morning, I trade off the 1 hour chart and I have this strategy that has been working for the one week I tested it...my question is...is it podsible to make between 50-100 pips a day, trading off 1hour all through the trading year or its just seasonal? Do you have an effective strategy to trade 1hour, if yes...would love to know...thank you!
you won wound yourself bro? what are you looking for in the 1HourTF?

this is how i think you should approach the market this year. 4H (this the bomb! you can set and forget with this TF), Daily and weekly for direction,forecast, signal and alert.
15MINs and the 1Hour you were talking about for entry only! after confirmation and combining with other Tech indies such S/R and trendlines. what more can you ask for if not a harvest of pips! i have seen others achieve 1000% roi time and time again, i have only done 500% (the highest) myself. this thing ain't a myth.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by docus: 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
Fartist:

you won wound yourself bro? what are you looking for in the 1HourTF?

this is how i think you should approach the market this year. 4H (this the bomb! you can set and forget with this TF), Daily and weekly for direction,forecast, signal and alert.
15MINs and the 1Hour you were talking about for entry only! after confirmation and combining with other Tech indies such S/R and trendlines. what more can you ask for if not a harvest of pips! i have seen others achieve 1000% roi time and time again, i have only done 500% (the highest) myself. this thing ain't a myth.

well said bro
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Fartist: 3:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
docus:

well said bro
thanks man
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Kirinwa: 3:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kirinwa:
GbpNzd sellstop @ 2.2100
Stop loss @ 2.2200
Target @ 2.1500

GbpAud sellstop @ 2.0800
Stoploss @ 2.0900
Target @ 2.0100

EurAud sellstop @ 1.5500
Sellstop @ 1.5600
Target @ 1.4800

EurNzd sellstop @ 1.6500
Stoploss @ 1.6600
Target @ 1.5800

NB: Trade responsibly.

Okay.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Feshizzy(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kirinwa:

Okay.

I do wish to join your whatsapp group.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Feshizzy(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Fartist:

I like to trade on 1H TF,
You get more trade signals though not heavy on pips bagging. undecided
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Kirinwa: 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Feshizzy:

I do wish to join your whatsapp group.

Kindly follow instructions on my signature
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Feshizzy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kirinwa:

Kindly follow instructions on my signature

Mail has been sent.

Regards,
Festus
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by cybug: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by EmmanuelD1st(m): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Moneyyy:

[b]Greed is when you risk more than necessary, and for me I'd say when you risk more than 2% of your equity. [/b]It's not necessarily about the number of pips you risk.
And yes when I lose I walk away with a smile, I don't try to chase it like a newbie. And yes such discipline comes with years of experience. It's not about whether you lose or win today or this week, it's about being profitable in the long run so losing money today or even for several weeks means nothing to seasoned traders. Like I always say, it's a marathon and not a sprint and the earlier you approach trading with that mentality the better.
I wouldn't say risking more than 2% equity is greed. I would say risking x% of equity depends on the profitability of your trading system...for example; Risking 2% of equity on a 20% profitable system with a RRR of 1:2 is suicidal, in fact you'll surely fail even if u risk 0.00001% of equity on that type of system (I would't advise you to stick with such system). Why on earth will I risk 1% on a 80% profitable system, just why? When I know I can comfortably be risking 5% on a trade with little draw down. So sir, risking a particular % on a trade should depend on your trading system (my opinion).

6 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by jorel1(m): 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
EmmanuelD1st:

I wouldn't say risking more than 2% equity is greed. I would say risking x% of equity depends on the profitability of your trading system...for example; Risking 2% of equity on a 20% profitable system with a RRR of 1:2 is suicidal, in fact you'll surely fail even if u risk 0.00001% of equity on that type of system (I would't advise you to stick with such system). Why on earth will I risk 1% on a 80% profitable system, just why? When I know I can comfortably be risking 5% on a trade with little draw down. So sir, risking a particular % on a trade should depend on your trading system (my opinion).
Fact
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by pipstarget: 12:24am On Jan 11, 2016
BUY EURUSD 20pips TP

40pips SL

Happy new week
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by jamace(m): 4:35am On Jan 11, 2016
jamace:
EUR/USD
BUY @ 1.08660
TP @ 1.10000
SL@ 1.07660
Leggo!!
Trade closed in profit.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by sweetmaris(f): 5:40am On Jan 11, 2016
Moneyyy:

No one, I repeat, no one and no system can claim to be able to accurately always predict the long term or midterm move of the market; anyone who makes such a claim is nothing but fraud. What we all do is speculate at best. Have you heard of the term inefficiency of the market? By the way, are you a full time professional trader? If not then we are not operating on the same level which means telling me 20pips is paltry means you have no idea what you are talking about. You think it's about coming here to claim you made 600pips after the market has already moved?

Hahahahaha
@ when the market has already moved...
Your wicked sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Moneyyy: 5:47am On Jan 11, 2016
EmmanuelD1st:

You made a very good point, only problem is that the premise of the argument is faulty. A 20% profitable system is no system at all because with such a system you will be out of business in not too distant future. Before we call a trading system a system to adopt, it must have been tested and found to be anything over 50% profitable system. Anything below that can not be considered a trading system at all.

And the percentage you risk has a lot to do with your personality. A risk averse trader will always risk very little but a trader with a high risk appetite will be comfortable risking more. All I will say regarding this is there is a reason why seasoned traders and institutional traders will always advise to keep your risk below 2%.

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Moneyyy: 5:55am On Jan 11, 2016
aybynature:

First, you mentioned you have only tested the system for one week, truth is one week is barely enough to say a system is working. Second, you asked if it's possible to make 50-100 pips daily and the answer is yes. This is because the market moves that much every day, so theoretically it is possible to make that much daily. However, remember that before the market moves 50 or 100 pips, it MUST have first moved 20 pips. What this means is that it is MUCH EASIER to make 20 pips than to make 50 - 100 pips. I prefer to go for the easy one which is 20 pips. I'm even reducing my target to 10 pips as from next month because, to be candid, 10 pips will give me all I need to be very very comfortable. And I understand this may not be possible for everyone but I have the required means (capital and discipline) to do such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by leopower(m): 7:57am On Jan 11, 2016
I just did a video on eur/usd. watch it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlC3Csz89Js
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by EmmanuelD1st(m): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2016
Moneyyy:

You made a very good point, only problem is that the premise of the argument is faulty. A 20% profitable system is no system at all because with such a system you will be out of business in not too distant future. Before we call a trading system a system to adopt, it must have been tested and found to be anything over 50% profitable system. Anything below that can not be considered a trading system at all.

And the percentage you risk has a lot to do with your personality. A risk averse trader will always risk very little but a trader with a high risk appetite will be comfortable risking more. All I will say regarding this is there is a reason why seasoned traders and institutional traders will always advise to keep your risk below 2%.

grin grin I know a successful trader with a 30% win rate... The professional trader would advise below 2% (this advice is mostly for newbies or wannabe traders) because blowing up your equity would be difficult, that way the new trader will try out systems that could work, control emotions, instill patience, discipline etc in trading [it will take close to a hundred trade without a win (which is practically impossible)to blow up an account on a 2% risk]. About 20% profitable system not being a system; Sir, I have a system which is 20% profitable, it has a RRR of 1:6, risk/trade 1%. Sir, I presume you are an experienced trader, do the math, it's a profitable system.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by jorel1(m): 9:29am On Jan 11, 2016
EmmanuelD1st:

grin grin I know a successful trader with a 30% win rate... The professional trader would advise below 2% (this advice is mostly for newbies or wannabe traders) because blowing up your equity would be difficult, that way the new trader will try out systems that could work, control emotions, instill patience, discipline etc in trading [it will take close to a hundred trade without a win (which is practically impossible)to blow up an account on a 2% risk]. About 20% profitable system not being a system; Sir, I have a system which is 20% profitable, it has a RRR of 1:6, risk/trade 1%. Sir, I presume you are an experienced trader, do the math, it's a profitable system.
That was what I always do during my early days of trading , but these days I control my risk myself , I dont need some so called self acclaimed professional trader who probably only teaches on youtube and yet doesnt trade at all to advice me what or what not to risk grin grin
The idea is that once you get to a stage in trading of knowing what you r doing ,then you are in control cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by PIPsharingan(m): 9:49am On Jan 11, 2016
EmmanuelD1st:

Hmmm, I have been going through this topic of % profitability as against how good a trader really is. Well, in my opinion I have observed something abouth trading, and that is: Even if your trade is 80% profitable and you risk 10% per trade, I bet you that sooner or later you will be slashed so badly, you may not be able to recuperate, did I hear sopmeone laughing and asking WHY?, the reasons are:

1. NO ONE PREDICTS WHICH TRADE IS PROFITABLE: If I take for example 10 trades and my winning ration is say 50% and I risk 20%, my first 5 slashes (trades) may go against me and that is sure death because I would be losing 100% of my blood(account), a trader who has not been hit bt the market yet is only getting lucky, probably his first 4 trades he gets 2 profitable ones, so that covers up for the loss. However like I said, it is only a matter of time... he will someday meet a bloody battle.

2. YOUR GOOD TRADES BOOSTS YOUR MORAL: Have you ever had a losing streak?, where you lose 5 to 8 trades one after the other?, it happens to even the best of us and I must confess you loss more moral than dollars, you begin to doubt yourself and feel the market is looking out for a revenge, you start breaking all your rules if you are not careful and then blaming everyone but you.

I belive a good trader should always bank on how many good predictions he makes and how he manages those predictions viz a viz a solid money management skill. In my lil research in the years I have been trading, I have noticed the so called professionals in the game work more on CONSISTENCY than hitting THE BIG ONE. One of my greatest inspiration is the FATHER OF THE CANDLESTICKS (Munehisa Homma). He invented the candlesticks we use today and that was his only guide... Guess what?...he made a hundred profitable trades (slashes) consecutively or all his trades where hits from back to back like Olamide would say (lol).

Imagine taking a 100 good trades shocked, what would be your profit?

Anyways that my own lil point of view

Slash on Traders

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by EmmanuelD1st(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2016
EmmanuelD1st:
NZDCAD -
sell limit 0.93184
SL 0.94007
TP 0.91337

EURAUD -
buy limit 1.54209
SL 1.52082
TP 1.59490

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

EURAUD order cancelled. Bought it @1.55990 SL: 1.53620 TP: 1.62000
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by PIPsharingan(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2016
Hello Guys,

Abeg, I am thinking of getting a tablet for strictly trading (that no mean say I no go game ontop am from time to time sha), which would you advice if I am not willing to spend more than 50k.

You candid opinion would be appreciated

May the PIPs guide you slashers
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by EmmanuelD1st(m): 10:37am On Jan 11, 2016
jorel1:

That was what I always do during my early days of trading , but these days I control my risk myself , I dont need some so called self acclaimed professional trader who probably only teaches on youtube and yet doesnt trade at all to advice me what or what not to risk grin grin
The idea is that once you get to a stage in trading of knowing what you r doing ,then you are in control cheesy cheesy
You are in the spirit Sir grin

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by Kirinwa: 11:30am On Jan 11, 2016
What a bearish week it will be.
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by mystockyear: 11:59am On Jan 11, 2016
grin
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by currentprice: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
^^ grin grin?
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by currentprice: 12:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
me am on a bullish side this week,,,,, in fact a long term bullish if confirmed grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by currentprice: 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
who is getting ready to BUY GBP.AUD with my at 1pm grin
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by adeyinkabasir(m): 1:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
currentprice:
who is getting ready to BUY GBP.AUD with my at 1pm grin

not a buy yet for me....may get to 2.06xx before resuming buy or otherwise it's still a SELL

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by currentprice: 1:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
today's trade grin

who is BUYING GBP.AUD with me now

set you own target/risk according to your system ( my own risk is looking at last friday low with open TP ).

ready my siggy first before you decide
Re: Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 by currentprice: 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
adeyinkabasir:

not a buy yet for me....may get to 2.06xx before resuming buy or otherwise it's still a SELL

thank you with your opinion brother,,,,,, am not planning to sell GBP.AUD any time soon,,,,,,, if my BUY fail as above call,,,, i will find another price candle to Buy again next time and so on grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (345)

||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7* / Forex Trading - Season 15 / CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.