Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue (4655 Views)

South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners / Russian Man Nails Own Testicles In Protest Against Crackdown On Political Rights / Malawi's President Sells Presidential Jet And 60 Mercedes Limousines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by bawomolo(m): 12:06am On Jun 18, 2009
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by tunku(m): 1:25am On Jun 18, 2009
First supporters of the hardline Islamic state said that there was no vote rigging, now they've changed their tune to well what do you expect they've always rigged. God idiots Bleep too much.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by dayokanu(m): 3:03am On Jun 18, 2009
Given the report I read from Al jazeera we can also assume Aljazeera is a western media that seeks the fall of Ahmedinejad
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by JJYOU: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2009
dayokanu:

Given the report I read from Al jazeera we can also assume Aljazeera is a western media that seeks the fall of Ahmedinejad
do u expect anything else from the NL mujahadeens ? truth has to be black colour for them to see.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 18, 2009
The man in interior ministry who leaked the true result showing that Ahmedinajad actually came third has since died in questionable circumstances.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by JustGood(m): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
mikeansy:

The man in interior ministry who leaked the true result showing that Ahmedinajad actually came third has since died in questionable circumstances.

I've not seen this report. Do you have a link to it? So far, I have not been able to find a report stating with proof that the elections were rigged. . . that is why I am sceptical about the hoopla being created by the media.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Afam(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2009
mikeansy:

Can you substantiate this please?

Was there any evidence to prove the following

1. The man leaked a result

2. If yes, any proof that the result he leaked was the true result

It is sad that most politicians that lose elections always claim rigging.

Food for thought

Buhari, Orji Uzo kalu, Pat Utomi, Atiku etc all claimed that PDP rigged the last election.

Let us for the sake of argument agree with these allegations, my question then is

Who won the election as it is not possible for all of them to come first in the election and then Yar'adua last.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by tunku(m): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2009
wtf is wrong with you people. A million discontent Iranians march to protest a rigged election and we get people like Afam saying well where is your proof? U guess these idiots are totally devoid from reality when they in all actuality are living in a state where the will of the people isn't being served by these leaders because they weren't actually elected into office in the first day. If the elections weren't rigged why should the Leader ask the Guardian Council to do a partial recount. Again, comparing the case of South Africa whose ANC party won with about the same margin of victory as the incumbent in Iran yet I haven't seen mass rallies ending in death protesting the injustice of ANC's reelection. Nobody is extolling Iran as the paradigm of democracy, but you don't get what is happening in Iran if dinnerjacket truly did win with the margins quoted, It makes no bleating sense at all. If PDP doesn't rig elections then Nigerians as a whole is a nation of incredibly stupid people. I guess all those people dying on election day two years ago is one of the hallmarks of a trouble free and fair electoral system.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Afam(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
tunku:

wtf is wrong with you people. A million discontent Iranians march to protest a rigged election and we get people like Afam saying well where is your proof? U guess these idiots are totally devoid from reality when they in all actuality are living in a state where the will of the people isn't being served by these leaders because they weren't actually elected into office in the first day. If the elections weren't rigged why should the Leader ask the Guardian Council to do a partial recount. Again, comparing the case of South Africa whose ANC party won with about the same margin of victory as the incumbent in Iran yet I haven't seen mass rallies ending in death protesting the injustice of ANC's reelection. Nobody is extolling Iran as the paradigm of democracy, but you don't get what is happening in Iran if dinnerjacket truly did win with the margins quoted, It makes no bleating sense at all. If PDP doesn't rig elections then Nigerians as a whole is a nation of incredibly stupid people. I guess all those people dying on election day two years ago is one of the hallmarks of a trouble free and fair electoral system.

If you want to expose your high level of stupidity be my guest.

So, every single statement coming out of anywhere should be believed because people like you feel comfortable with them or what?

Someone comes to a public forum and claims an interior ministry official leaked the true result and died in mysterious circumstances and I am supposed to believe that as fact? You must be insane to expect me to believe such.

Rather than engage in debates based on logic and facts you come here to tell the world what you feel or think about issues without any effort to support your positions with facts.

Who bloody cares what you think on any issue for that matter?
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by biina: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
tunku:

WTF is wrong with you when you exaggerate unsubstantiated claims undecided
where is the evidence that a million ( shocked ) Iranians protested and that the election was rigged? or are you just using one unsubstantiated claim to prove another under circular reasoning.
You need to make up your mind: did they protest because the election was rigged, or the election was rigged because they are protesting? undecided
You sit in behind your computer, naively feeding off whatever you read online that feeds your fantasy and bias, and come here to spew it like facts.
Unless you can substantiate your allegations, you need to stop ranting about it. We all heard you the first time.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by tunku(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2009
Gee, I guess I must be imagining seeing a five-mile-long sea of humanity marching in the center of Tehran earlier this week in protest of the elections. what circular logic? It is self evident that the elections were rigged. If a party or a candidate wins by the majority claimed by dinnerjackit fairly then there should be no reason for a five-mile-long sea of humanity to march in protest of the elections. Do you know what the Bleep you are talking about or do you just have logorrhea? I guess you've perfected the act of posting on threads without the aid of computers or smartphones. Clearly that is what buttressed your claim.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by biina: 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
tunku:

Gee, I guess I must be imagining seeing a five-mile-long sea of humanity marching in the center of Tehran earlier this week in protest of the elections. what circular logic? It is self evident that the elections were rigged. If a party or a candidate wins by the majority claimed by dinnerjackit fairly then there should be no reason for a five-mile-long sea of humanity to march in protest of the elections. Do you know what the mess you are talking about or do you just have logorrhea? I guess you've perfected the act of posting on threads without the aid of computers or smartphones. Clearly that is what buttressed your claim.
So the million Iranians figure is simply based on your guesstimate of 5 miles (or did you measure it?) and the rigging being self evident is simply your admission that you have no proof. undecided
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by tunku(m): 1:37pm On Jun 18, 2009
My dear, you are starting to sound like a broken record. Kindly get back to the cave. I guess footballers protesting is another western conspiracy. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8105722.stm
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by dayokanu(m): 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Afam,

Do you check Aljazeera news at all

This is one

http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2009/06/200961781431119985.html

I guess they are a one of the western Media inciting people too?

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/06/2009616184556951795.html
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Afam(m): 1:59pm On Jun 18, 2009
dayokanu:

@Afam,

Do you check Aljazeera news at all

This is one

http://english.aljazeera.net/focus/2009/06/200961781431119985.html

I guess they are a one of the western Media inciting people too?

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/06/2009616184556951795.html

No, I don't.

Who owns Aljazeera?

Do you know the problems between the Arabs and the Persians?

I am not here to defend Iran considering the fact that the truth may evade all of us since none of us is there and demonstrations can be staged, externally funded and supported.

We saw similar thing in Zimbabwe and today where is the opposition leader? Right there working with Mugabe.

So, the West for obvious reasons would want Ahmedinejad out, Israel would love that too, a lot Arab people would hope for that and even the younger generation in Iran who want to see some of the strict rules guiding them relaxed.

However, what I have put down above does not in any way prove that the election was rigged and that is my point.

What we feel or wish for is one thing, the reality is another thing entirely.

If we can leave out sentiments in discussions we would put forward better and objective points and positions.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by tunku(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2009
The Qatari ruling monarchs own al-jazeera so I guess that means that they are zionists? Yes you are right about staged protests, I guess the millions who have protested were trucked and flown in from the Iranian diaspora. Yes people want dinnerjacket out, but not for the reasons you said. The supreme leader is still going to be there, Iran is in all likelihood still pursuing nuclear weapons regardless of who the president is. but that isn't what this is about. This is about the one pressure valve of Iranians being denied them. Ahmedinijad did not win this election and I do not think that it is beyond the pale to state it emphatically.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 18, 2009
Folks chill

This is why the Iranian results are questionable

1. 70% of Iranians are under 35 and most of them live in the cities
2. 85% of Iranians voted

Giving the fact that most of the 70% we are talking about Internet Generation Youths who oppose everything Ahmedinajad represents, it does not make sense that Ahmedinajad won by 63% majority.

Besides that 40 million Iranians voted on paper. No electronic voting and no third party means of tracking polling returns. 1 hr after the vote, Ahmedinajad declared victory predicting 63% majority. Even before votes were collated let alone counted, it turns out that the actual official result gave Ahmedinajad 63% majority. Hence Ahmedinajad to have perfectly predicted his victory margin suggests he is either a Prophet or he wrote his own result even before the elections. And then the Supreme Leader breaks protocol to endorse the results within hours as opposed to the normal 3 days verification required by Iranian law.

Now elections result show that Ahmedinajad won in all provinces including all opposition strongholds, a fit that has never been achieved in Iranian history eventhough this particular election looks the most hotly contested since the Islamic Revolution.

The man who came last in the election Rezai has asked all those who voted for him to send their identity numbers, he has since recieved responses more then his official result by 200,000 votes.

the link below from cbsnews shows 2 Iranian film-makers giving a Press conference in brussels showing that they have obtained a copy of an interior ministry letter which shows that Mousavi won the election and Ahmedinajad came third
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/18/world/worldwatch/entry5095195.shtml
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/20090618/iran-election-results-european-union.htm

below is a link showing that the man who blew the whitsle on the real results may have been killed in a suspicious car accident
http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/81548/did-ahmedinejad-come-in-third-during-the-election.html

other issues that raise doubts about the election
http://www.newstatesman.com/international-politics/2009/06/ahmadinejad-mousavi-election

We have a right to believe what we like, but I doubt if a man with 63% majority needs to black out communication networks, attack university students and kill 8, in other to excersize his authority. A whole chemistry department in Shiraz University have resigned, the Vice Chancellor of Tehran University has resigned including some 120 academic staff. An aide to the father of the Islamic Revolution Ayotollah Ruholla Khomeini and former Foreign Minister Yadzi was today arrested from a Hospital Bed, he is 78 years old.
Those are not the kind of atmosphere you witness in a country where the President has popular support.

How did Ahmedinajad win the vote in Tehran where nobody seem to like him?
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
In the name of God

People of Iran

These last days, we have witnessed the lively efforts of you brothers and sisters, old and  young alike, from any social category, for the 10th presidential elections.

Our youth, hoping to see their rightful will fulfilled, came on the scene and waited patiently. This was the greatest occasion for the government’s officials to bond with their people.

But unfortunately, they used it in the worst way possible. Declaring results that no one in their right mind can believe, and despite all the evidence of crafted results, and to counter people protestations, in front of the eyes of the same nation who carried the weight of a revolution and 8 years of war, in front of the eyes of local and foreign reporters, attacked the children of the people with astonishing violence. And now they are attempting a purge, arresting intellectuals, political opponents and Scientifics.

Now, based on my religious duties, I will remind you :

1- A legitimate state must respect all points of view. It may not oppress all critical views. I fear that this lead to the lost of people’s faith in Islam.

2- Given the current circumstances, I expect the government to take all measures to restore people’s confidence. Otherwise, as I have already said, a government not respecting people’s vote has no religious or political legitimacy.

3- I invite everyone, specially the youth, to continue reclaiming their dues in calm, and not let those who want to associate this movement with chaos succeed.

4- I ask the police and army personals not to “sell their religion”, and beware that receiving orders will not excuse them before god. Recognize the protesting youth as your children. Today censor and cutting telecommunication lines can not hide the truth.

I pray for the greatness of the Iranian people.

Another important note from Grand Ayotollah Montezari

Folks this is not a noise from a bunch of Hooligans

The fraud is very deep

Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
I think as Nigerians we have a lot to learn from what is going on in Iran not dismiss it.

What I have not seen politicians do in Nigeria is remind juniour Police and Army officers why they should not support illegality all in the name of taking orders.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by RichyBlacK(m): 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2009
mikeansy:

Another important note from Grand Ayotollah Montezari

Folks this is not a noise from a bunch of Hooligans

The fraud is very deep

I'm with you on this.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by TayoD1(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
@topic,

I was initially against the notion that this election was a fraud. I am beginning to think it may have been. While evidences so far are not substantive, circumstantial evidences appear weighted against the published results.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by bawomolo(m): 11:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
hmm this is getting really interesting.

6th day of protests
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 19, 2009
after 8 dead this kids are still matching

magnificient valour

I love the kids, they are so beautiful, the deserve more than Ahmadinejad
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by mystikal(m): 1:36am On Jun 19, 2009
who d Zap are those implying that the disputed election result is just anoda Western conspiracy? Any fair minded fellow would know that U dont win elections by such a margin and still get your people to publicly and passionately be against you, plzzzz.

the results were counted manually, and for a voting populace of over 40 million, results were announced under 24 hrs. hisss! cut the west some slack abeg!
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 1:38am On Jun 19, 2009
Another important observation

The observation by Obama that there is no difference in policy between Ahmadinejad and Mousavi is a very smart move.

Just like it would have been politically dangerous for Obama to get an endorsement from Hamas, Hezbollah and Ahmadinejad when he was running for elections, I think Obama may have also figured out that an American endorsement of any Iranian politician will not be very helpful at this stage.

Its smart politics by the President, its just unfortunate that the neocons in USA don't get it.

TO THOSE LEADERS AROUND THE GLOBE WHO SEEK TO SOW CONFLICT OR BLAME SOCIETAL ILLS ON THE WEST KNOW THAT YOUR PEOPLE WILL JUDGE YOU ON WHAT YOU CAN BUILD NOT WHAT YOU CAN DESTROY ------OBAMA JAN. 20, 2009
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 19, 2009
all i will say is that Iranians clearly have more stuffing than nigerians.

the best most of us would have done is bitch on the internet about stolen mandates
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by TayoD1(m): 3:45am On Jun 19, 2009
oyb:

all i will say is that Iranians clearly have more stuffing than nigerians.

the best most of us would have done is bitch on the internet about stolen mandates
Give Nigerians some credit abeg. Were you not in the country during the June 12 saga? I believe the problems is the lack of a credible alternative. Nigerians felt at that time that Abiola was a change from the status quo and many bled and died for the mandate that was given to him at the polls. Do you think I will put my life in danger protesting that Atiku should have won the election ahead of Yaradua? I dont think so!!!
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by TayoD1(m): 3:51am On Jun 19, 2009
mikeansy:

Its smart politics by the President, its just unfortunate that the neocons in USA don't get it.
What is so smart about the policy? This is an opportunity to stand behind the Iranian people irrespective of the policies oif the person they voted for. How many times did Bush and even Obama appeal directly to the people of Iran? On countless numbers of times, they've both declared they will stand by the people, but now that the opportunity to do so has surfaced, we are not taking a stand.

If I am not mistaken, virtually every leader of the free world has come out now with strongly worded statements denouncing the election fraud. The only exception are the USA, China and Russia. Something is not right about that.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by tunku(m): 4:23am On Jun 19, 2009
What would empty words do? Ask Georgian's about U.S. support last summer. Ask the Cubans in America about U.S. support. The fact that this is all just a big battle between the ruling class in Iran and not a true social revolutionary movement so far speaks volume. If he says something you'd accuse him of hypocrisy for not backing it up. He says nothing and he is letting the Iranians suffer in silence. I respect that Iranians want Ahmedinijad out, but it isn't for social reasons. They know that the clerics vet who can and cannot run for office, they know that their foreign policy is still in the hands of the Supreme leader, Iranians are feeling the pinch of the economy and have been for quite a while now and they want someone that will focus on that. Do you see the idiots claiming the protests to be a U.S. conspiracy on this forums from non Iranians? Imagine when the U.S. starts to pander by spewing bullshit that "today we are all Iranians" and then watch as the government cracks down even more mercilessly on these people. The people marching on the streets aren't doing so because of a social reason; other than the fact that they want the Iranian state to live up to its end of the bargain of allowing it to choose its President's.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Afam(m): 8:00am On Jun 19, 2009
tunku:
Do you see the idiots claiming the protests to be a U.S. conspiracy on this forums from non Iranians?

Idiots? No wonder, this is what you get when people find it supremely difficult to defend a position, they begin to abuse and insult anything they cannot coherently challenge or debunk while introducing lies to justify stupid line of thought.

You are in my opinion a complete waste of orgasm. An abortion would have been just fine in your case, silly dog.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 19, 2009
Tayo-D:

What is so smart about the policy? This is an opportunity to stand behind the Iranian people irrespective of the policies oif the person they voted for. How many times did Bush and even Obama appeal directly to the people of Iran? On countless numbers of times, they've both declared they will stand by the people, but now that the opportunity to do so has surfaced, we are not taking a stand.

If I am not mistaken, virtually every leader of the free world has come out now with strongly worded statements denouncing the election fraud. The only exception are the USA, China and Russia. Something is not right about that.

the problem is that folks don't like to be realistic. Obama has said he is deeply concerned and free speech and the right to dissent peacefully should be allowed as they are universal principles.

now for those suggesting that he should back the opponents, ahmadinejad had supporters and those supporters are Iranian people too. if obama is at the vanguard of this crisis and the opposition in iran are labelled traitors who are western stooges. if they are rounded up and locked up as traitors, what will any american president do? send in army to liberate the opposition?

folks need to stop reading foreign policy from the bible.
Re: Ahmadinejad 'wins Iran Presidential Vote' as Opposition protest continue by tunku(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2009
Thank you afam, your LovePeddler of a mother would be proud of you. I just finished watching the supreme leader's speech and people still think this election wasn't rigged? Again afam, LovePeddler of a mother.  cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pakistan: Bhoja Air Jet Crashes Killing 127 Onboard / The Only Eye That Saw The Nuclear Blast Of Hiroshima / The Dramatic Moment Russian Fighter Jets 'buzzed' A US Navy Warship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.