Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 (4641 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Vote For Vincent Enyeama As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014 / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by ondogi: 2:49am On Nov 20, 2005
BREAKING NEWS
okocha is no more captain of bolton wanderers, imagine he was de-captain for k nolan (small boy oh). That is the man you guys want to make african footballer of the year o. He was a good player but his best days are over.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Owen(m): 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2005
I agree that Okocha does not deserve it. But neither does Drogba. Drogba is actually skillfull if you watch him play at his best but he is also inconsistent. As for Okocha not being captain of bolton... well lets face the fact, it was bound to happen considering the fact that he wasn't delivering any more and could not even make the starting line up. The funny thing is that he would play the same thing for Nigeria but would remain captain and remain in the starting line up! How then can there be competition to give chances to the other players.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by galala: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2005
It has to be Samuel Eto'o Fils.
Fantastic footballer.he possesses the following aplenty: Pace , technique , Power and strength.
He is a devastating presence in any team in the world. He can walk into any of the top teams i.e Chelsea , Milan, Man U, juventus and will be guaranteed a starting place.
Also may i say that it is Nigeria's obsession with individual play and over the top flamboyance which kills us and informs our choice of football heroes. The trajectory of Okocha career does not do justice to the claims that he is Africa's best. We should not allow others to push us toward our own Harlem globetrotters .
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Owen(m): 11:42am On Dec 09, 2005
You are quite right...
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Greatpeter(m): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2005
I voted for Marthins for I can't vote any other player who is not a Nigerian. Even though he deserves it or not I will go for marthins.
We've been robbed so much when it comes to Football.

Marthins I pray you win BBC African footballer of the year 2005 edition.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Owen(m): 1:12pm On Dec 09, 2005
Amen!!
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by fataiiyo(m): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2005
Ma people abeg to say the fact OKOCHA should be the one, he is not a kid player.........e gba be e na him coolTalented jay-jay...........skill po oooo

Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Greatpeter(m): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2005
Okocha was good in his glorious, colourful and youthful days.

But now age has taken toll on him.
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by LoverBwoy(m): 3:37am On Dec 31, 2005
SOMEONE MENTION ...okocha is the main reason why we didnt go to the world cup!! FALSE ALARM!!! FALSE ALARM!!!

"ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS" WHY WE DIDNT QUALIFY WAS OVER-RELIANCE ON OLD AND INJURIED PLAYERS

we have footballers in abundance but we just want to stick with the over used 30/40 somethings!!

he was a very good player n even quit football...begged da country to look elsewhere but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
HE GETS...."okocha is doing big boy"

teddy sheringham,alan shearer, roy keane are in da same age group as okocha.even scholes,butt retired at 25plus.look elsewhere!!
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by LoverBwoy(m): 3:40am On Dec 31, 2005
look at da pic ORACLE...posted...Okocha's team-mate was smiling!!! nice pic!!!! grin
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by Akolawole(m): 3:52am On Dec 31, 2005
@ LoverBwoy

With ref to your post #40
1) Can you confirm you sais Butt retired at 25. Which Butt are you talking about?
2) Similarly, you grouped Keane, Teddy, Shearer  and OKOCHA in the same age-group. Please Dont let us go into "age" o. katakata go burst !
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by LoverBwoy(m): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2006
@Akolawole

Nicky Butt...25+

and on the age saga....since many of us (including the nigerian caoches n admin) why dont we consider that then
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by luridguy(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2006
am a nigerian i would love okocha to win but lets be honest here its between eto and drogba and i pick eto....
Re: BBC African Footballer of the Year 2005 by fataiiyo(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2006
J.J OKOCHA, yes na him cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Find Hidden Draw Matches From A Popular Website / Help!!! Where Can I Get The Classic Nigeria Jersey Of USA 1994 Worldcup / Ronaldo Vs Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.