Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,359 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah (705 Views)

Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
Reflect on your deeds.

Take a few minutes a day to sit and think about your deeds. What were good about your actions? What were the bad ones? The thing isn't just to think about it but to deeply reflect about it. What situation makes you do good? Which situation makes you do not so good? What can you do to avoid situations that make you 'do not so good'? What can you do to increase the situations that encourage you to do good? Taking a few minutes to think about your deeds doesn't only reflect give you an idea of actions you do, it also gives you a sense of responsibility because you it creates awareness.

Seek Forgiveness

After reflecting on your deeds,make it a habit to seek forgiveness from God and whoever you may have wronged. If needed repent from whatever action and be determined never to do it again. Now if you go back to doing it don't beat yourself to it, there are six stages of changes. Be sure to acknowledge the problem, repent again and be resolute nit to go back to it.
Now about asking people to forgive you, it might just be a simple apology like 'hey I'm sorry about what I said to you earlier'. It doesn't have to go like 'hey forgive me for what I said earlier'. It's a bit difficult admitting to someone that you were wrong and you might even feel embarrassed about it but trust me it's the right thing to do. Wouldn't you like it if someone did something wrong to you and apologized? It give a good impression and shows responsibility. Constantly asking for forgiveness makes you more aware of your actions and increases sincerity because when you ask for forgiveness you admit you're wrong and you want to make things right/fix things.

Remember Death

The last but not least is to remember death. The prophet Muhammend (peace and blessing be upon him) said "Frequently remember the destroyer of pleasure-death" .If you think about it when we think about death we are suddenly brought back to the reality that we sometimes chose to ignore. Nothing last forever...not even us! Questions start to pop up. Have I prepared for my death right now? do I want to die doing this? what have I lived for? What will people remember me for? Did I live a good life?Well......... what are you waiting for?!

The hadith was gotten from islamqa.info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
contact17
Re: The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2016
Re: The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Will definitely go back to blogging/writing at some point
Re: The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2016
Contact17:
Will definitely go back to blogging/writing at some point

If Allaah wills
Re: The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

If Allaah wills

Yeah In sha Allah
Re: The Lazy Man's Guide To God | 3 Lazy Ways To Get Closer To Allah by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2016
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Eid Al Fitr Tomorrow 25th June 2017 Sultan Announces / Do You Still Sujud To Greet Creation Of Allah? / (ex) Muslims & Alfas, What Does This Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.