Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

CR7: "I Was Made To Be The Best. I Was Ironing My Clothes At The Age Of 11' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / CR7: "I Was Made To Be The Best. I Was Ironing My Clothes At The Age Of 11' (721 Views)

Joe Jackson Is Dead! Michael Jackson’s Father Dies At The Age Of 89 / Photo Of The Man Alex Did Abortion For At The Age Of 16? / Ebuka: "They Stole A Television, My Shoes And My Clothes At My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CR7: "I Was Made To Be The Best. I Was Ironing My Clothes At The Age Of 11' by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 01, 2016
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has suggested he is criticised because people are jealous of his success, but that he does not let it affect him as he feels it is impossible to please everyone.
Ronaldo was whistled by part of the Santiago Bernabeu crowd after missing a penalty in Madrid's 3-1 win over Real Sociedad on Wednesday, even if he recovered to net twice and inspire the victory.
Los Blancos ' all-time top scorer has similarly fallen under blame as the club lag behind rivals Barcelona and Atletico Madrid in La Liga, with critics questioning his inconsistency in front of goal this term.
But the Portugal captain has insisted he in unfazed by all the talk, stating he is merely focused on doing his job well.
"There are people out there who hate me and who say I'm arrogant, vain and whatever. That's all part of my success. I am made to be the best," Ronaldo told Mundo Deportivo .
"We cannot live being obsessed with what other people think about us. It's impossible to live like that. Not even God managed to please the entire world.
"I have a clear conscience. I sleep well. I feel good helping others, regardless of whether that's with big things or small things. I look at life differently ever since I became a father.
"I can deal with the pressure because of the difficult life I have had. The person I am now is the result of the time I spent without my family and because of the difficult times I went through.
"I was ironing my own clothes when I was 11 years old. My mental strength goes back to those days.
"If this is what I am, if everything I've achieved in football has been for this, I couldn't possibly ask for anything else. If you offer me an improvement, I'd accept it, but change is very complicated."
Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes stated earlier this week that the 30-year-old will stay be playing for Madrid in a decade, but the former Manchester United man is already looking forward to life after football.
"I want to live like a king when I retire," Ronaldo added.
"I will be able to enjoy things more after my career, when I have the time to do what I want."

m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4055/main/2015/12/31/18869502/ronaldo-i-am-made-to-be-the-best

Re: CR7: "I Was Made To Be The Best. I Was Ironing My Clothes At The Age Of 11' by Mologi(m): 7:30pm On Jan 01, 2016
Story for the gods
Re: CR7: "I Was Made To Be The Best. I Was Ironing My Clothes At The Age Of 11' by vault(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2016
I started ironing mine at age 9.... talk another 1 egomaniac bastard.

(1) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Politicians And What Their Farts Smell Like (Graphical Presentation) / I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Please Rate My Work And Support Me / Psquare In Trouble and Square ville locked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.