Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 (91252 Views)

2017/2018 Lasu Admission Guide Thread / Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2016
dafoly:
it seems submission of relevant documents will be used by uniben. such like O'level result, direct entry form, local government identification, birth certificate, statement of result etc.

You might be right bro, you have any confirmed info to that effect?
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by AsapEmmy: 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
please is the DE form still on sale?
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by AsapEmmy: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2016
please! , is uniben DE form still on sale?
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by AsapEmmy: 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
WhatsApp 09025275555
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by dafoly: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
Pprovost:

You might be right bro, you have any confirmed info to that effect?
not at all
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Frank4christ: 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
07082769698, pls add me on th uniben de watzapp group.

Pls wen we send our transcript.
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by arokhenny(f): 12:48am On Jul 04, 2016
any news on D.E n transcript submission?
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by fretfingers: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pprovost:

I am not a law aspirant bro, drop your number so that you can be added to the whasapp group where you may be able to see them.

Good evening!

Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by davies1704: 8:11am On Jul 05, 2016
Pls add dis num to the whatsapp group 08091598797
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by fineyemi(m): 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
calculate your post utme screening score now as directed by jamb

http://www.guru9ja.com/2016/07/how-to-calculate-your-201617-utme.html
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by JerryJJZ(m): 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pprovost:
Direct Entry aspirants of UNIBEN...This is the right time to start sharing valuable info to know when and how to go about our form (both jamb DE form and PUDE) together with admission requirements and processing,
solving of past questions and lots more......
.. A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE cool

Wishing everyone a prosperous new year!!!

Special greetings to u brotherly. Am an aspiring DE student and am thinking playing my card on Uniben. I will like to gather information before I do. I want to know the full procedure and basic requirement to study "Biochemistry" and "Microbiology". Both SSCE and OND requirements. I'd be grateful of my request is met. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
JerryJJZ:

Special greetings to u brotherly. Am an aspiring DE student and am thinking playing my card on Uniben. I will like to gather information before I do. I want to know the full procedure and basic requirement to study "Biochemistry" and "Microbiology". Both SSCE and OND requirements. I'd be grateful of my request is met. Thanks in anticipation

which course did you study in poly sir?
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by JerryJJZ(m): 12:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
Pprovost:

which course did you study in poly sir?

Science Laboratory Technology
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Bobola07(m): 1:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
JerryJJZ:

well from my own experience, most DE students in my class studied SLT @ poly.. Basic SSCE requirements- credit in Maths, eng, phy, chem nd biology. I'll suggest a minimum of upper credit for biochemistry (due to its competitive nature). Though am a student of FUTA(400L biochemistry), i believe the requirements can also be good enough for UNIBEN. Other answers are welcome tho.

PS--pls keep us abrest as the DE process goes on. I'm a prospective DE applicant for Medicine and surgery, possibly after graduation. Thanks and have a great day
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by JerryJJZ(m): 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Bobola07:

well from my own experience, most DE students in my class studied SLT @ poly.. Basic SSCE requirements- credit in Maths, eng, phy, chem nd biology. I'll suggest a minimum of upper credit for biochemistry (due to its competitive nature). Though am a student of FUTA(400L biochemistry), i believe the requirements can also be good enough for UNIBEN. Other answers are welcome tho.

PS--pls keep us abrest as the DE process goes on. I'm a prospective DE applicant for Medicine and surgery, possibly after graduation. Thanks and have a great day

Since u are a Biochem student, I will like to ask these few questions.
What is the relationship/difference between Microbiology and Biochemistry?
How close is Microbiology and Biochemistry?
How are Microbiology and Biochemistry related to Medicine?
How those the career of those 2 affect life in general?
What is the career/job opportunity those 2 has and to what extent?
Convince me to study Microbiology in Uni
Convince me to study Biochemistry in Uni
From your own personal and ideal perspective, assuming am ur younger bro, which of the two will you advice? Or maybe a better option?

Please take your time to answer these questions,,, from your mind though... Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Bobola07(m): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
JerryJJZ:

Since u are a Biochem student, I will like to ask these few questions.
What is the relationship/difference between Microbiology and Biochemistry?
How close is Microbiology and Biochemistry?
How are Microbiology and Biochemistry related to Medicine?
How those the career of those 2 affect life in general?
What is the career/job opportunity those 2 has and to what extent?
Convince me to study Microbiology in Uni
Convince me to study Biochemistry in Uni
From your own personal and ideal perspective, assuming am ur younger bro, which of the two will you advice? Or maybe a better option?
Please take your time to answer these questions,,, from your mind though... Thanks in anticipation

1. Biochemistry is a branch of science that studies the chemical processes occuring in living organisms; both plants and animals. While Microbiology is the study of organisms that cannot be seen by the naked eye...those are basic, general definitions for the courses. There's a big difference between them looking at the course curriculum, research work etc. Microbiology is more of biology while biochemistry is more of chemistry( not a combination of biology and chemistry as people think). MCB exposes you to the varying micro-organisms we have and their applications in health, manufacturing and research. BCH teaches you how the chemical reactions happening in living things can be applied in Medicine, pharmacuetics, food and drink production etc.
Both are essential for medical students but Biochemistry is one of the 3 fundamental pre-clinical courses for any medical student.

2. Career-wise, as i've said, they are life-science courses and they are applied in health, food and drinks, pharm etc; generally in any aspect that will affect the living of animate organisms.
Furthermore, both graduates have similar chances of employability in the labour market, but you must never rely on your bachelors degree. Go for your masters to boost your chances and give you a firmer grip on what you have studied.

3. Hmmmm...i wont convince you to study either. Its more of your personal decision

4. If you were my younger brother, who of course is in SS2 now, i'll give you a good advice to go for what your heart desires. Whether BCH or MCB...both require lots of seriousness, especially BCH (nt being biased now, just saying the fact). Finish your first degree and go for a Masters, or just like i'll do, apply for Medicine.

I believe all your questions are answered.

*drops pen*
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by JerryJJZ(m): 10:29pm On Jul 07, 2016
Bobola07:

3. Hmmmm...i wont convince you to study either. Its more of your personal decision

I believe all your questions are answered.

*drops pen*

Thanks for the answers, they really are of help.
However, I cant accept your third answer. Of course, I know I must follow my mind. That mind you said must be built with favouritism. Now, during my present days in Poly, I did a course "Microbiology" on its own and also "Biochemistry" (not yet though) separately. Both, of course, are nice courses. Since I know I must choose from the two either in Poly or Uni, I dont wanna rely on theory or books alone. I want intelligence from an exposed individual who has experienced it first-hand. What am saying in essence is for you to assume you are in a debate hall, speak for AND against the two.

Hope am not asking too much,,,, am just a kid brother u MUST carry along... who knows, I may because of u change my mind to FUTA....
Thanks Big Bro
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
JerryJJZ:

Mr Bobola07 has done justice to your question bro.

He said it all cool
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2016
JerryJJZ:

However, I cant accept your third answer. Of course, I know I must follow my mind. That mind you said must be built with favouritism. Now, during my present days in Poly, I did a course "Microbiology" on its own and also "Biochemistry" (not yet though) separately. Both, of course, are nice courses. Since I know I must choose from the two either in Poly or Uni, I dont wanna rely on theory or books alone. I want intelligence from an exposed individual who has experienced it first-hand. What am saying in essence is for you to assume you are in a debate hall, speak for AND against the two.

Hope am not asking too much,,,, am just a kid brother u MUST carry along... who knows, I may because of u change my mind to FUTA....
Thanks Big Bro

Wow I love this discussion and your curiosity in particular.

Let me tell you what I feel about the courses as a person that had offered the two courses as restricted electives in the UNI.(Also have friends that studied/studies them)

Biochemistry is the toughest course you will ever come across in the University as a life science student. Find out.

If you are good in cramming, you will do well in Microbiology.

If good grade is your priority, and you can cram, go for MCB.

Meanwhile, I think BCH is more applicable in the outside world. But before you opt for BCH, how sound are you in CHEMISTRY I mean physical, inorganic and ORGANIC cool
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by JerryJJZ(m): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2016
Pprovost:

Let me tell you what I feel about the courses as a person that had offered the two courses as restricted electives in the UNI.(Also have friends that studied/studies them)

Biochemistry is the toughest course you will ever come across in the University as a life science student. Find out.

Meanwhile, I think BCH is more applicable in the outside world. But before you opt for BCH, how sound are you in CHEMISTRY I mean physical, inorganic and ORGANIC cool

Thanks bro,,,, Actually, i dislike Chemistry in my sec schl, but since I ended up being SLT student in Poly here, I realize I MUST fall in love with chemistry to scale through. Now, am kinda good in Chem (to an extent, at least). But cramming, I think am just average (Not that good but not that poor). I believe in understanding, If I can understand, I think I can go far.

You can throw little light on dat, how much cramming must I do, can my little instinct and understanding take me far??
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Bobola07(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2016
JerryJJZ:

Thanks Big Bro

okay. If u insist, i'll suggest biochemistry for you. That will come with a lot of dedication on your path. Whether futa, uniben or any school, biochemistry isnt business as usual. Gotta give it ur best.
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Bobola07(m): 8:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
JerryJJZ:

Thanks bro,,,, Actually, i dislike Chemistry in my sec schl, but since I ended up being SLT student in Poly here, I realize I MUST fall in love with chemistry to scale through. Now, am kinda good in Chem (to an extent, at least). But cramming, I think am just average (Not that good but not that poor). I believe in understanding, If I can understand, I think I can go far.
You can throw little light on dat, how much cramming must I do, can my little instinct and understanding take me far??

Can u msg me on whatsapp? 08131059476

Pprovost:

good contribution. Cramming is needed in both courses. But you have to understand more...as per grades, seriousness that will give u a second class upper in bch might give u a first class in mcb sha.. And that concluding question..u must answer in all sincerity. To survive bch, ur chem must be well above average. Esp organic

Pprovost:

Mr Bobola07 has done justice to your question bro.
He said it all cool

egbon, pls contribute to d matter.
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by JerryJJZ(m): 8:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
Bobola07:

egbon, pls contribute to d matter.

Aiit,,,, my phone is kinda bad for now,,, as am nairalanding with PC,,,,, I sure will add u nxt week. I appreciate ur effort...
Egbon @Pprovost you can also drop ur watsapp contact sir. Thanks
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2016
Abeg add me to d whatsapp group 08062332845
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by efedyp: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
pls add me to d whatsapp group 08101188538
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Soocash(m): 9:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
Pls i need someone who can help me regarding d admission issue to uniben... I have questions to ask.... Pls dis mai whatsapp no 08060067871
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Dennyl90: 10:11am On Jul 14, 2016
[quote author=fretfingers post=47197301]
Please add me to whatsapp group 08094715487
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by amydeever(f): 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2016
Pls add me to the WhatsApp group ..08167808711
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by oghenekome51(f): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2016
Good day guys, I am an aspirant of uniben and I heard DAT d post DE form for d sch is out. I don't know if DAT information is genuine, pls guys I'd love it if u to come to our aid for confirmation. Dis is my WhatsApp number 09059675916, pls add me up asap. Thank u.
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by astagernosa: 4:35am On Jul 15, 2016
Pls when is one expected to submit d jamb DE print out to jamb at jamb office, is it before or after d puDE?
Re: Uniben Direct Entry Admission Guide Thread 2016/2017 by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 17, 2016
JerryJJZ:

Aiit,,,, my phone is kinda bad for now,,, as am nairalanding with PC,,,,, I sure will add u nxt week. I appreciate ur effort...
Egbon @Pprovost you can also drop ur watsapp contact sir. Thanks

Reply your pm bro cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

JAMB Opens Portal To Check Where You Are Posted For Consideration / Faith Academy: Secondary School Campus By Bishop David Oyedepo / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.