Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

....... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ....... (1726 Views)

I Need Urgent Help With Singapore Visa / Nigerians In Singapore Urgent Help From You / Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

....... by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 02, 2016
Re: ....... by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2016
Any idea pleaseeeee?
Re: ....... by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2016
eddiebruk:
I intend going to Zanzibar on the 6th for Vacation, flying with Ethiopian Airline shows that we will have to fly through Ethiopia, does this mean I need a Ethiopian Transit Visa? Please advice

Are you stopping over at Ethiopia? If yes for how long?
Re: ....... by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
justwise:

Are you stopping over at Ethiopia? If yes for how long?

Yes for About 14hours
Re: ....... by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
eddiebruk:

Yes for About 14hours

You don't need a transit visa because you will not be leaving the airport.
Re: ....... by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 02, 2016
justwise:

You don't need a transit visa because you will not be leaving the airport.

Okay thanks a lot
Re: ....... by TheCongo2: 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2016
eddiebruk:
I intend going to Zanzibar on the 6th for Vacation, flying with Ethiopian Airline shows that we will have to fly through Ethiopia, does this mean I need a Ethiopian Transit Visa? Please advice

To be safe, I would advise you to contact the embassy of Ethiopia or the airline itself and explain your situation in full details. Sometimes, the law and regulation can be very complex and not always easy to interpret. One day I was travelling by road from Canada to the United States. At the US-Canada border, I came across a lady from the Bahamas who was detained momentarily as she was also trying to enter the US from Canada. The reason for the detention was that she didn't have a US visa. Normally, people from the Bahamas don't require a visa to enter the US.

The lady had left the Bahamas 2 weeks earlier to visit an american family in Pennsylvanian. At that time, she was let into the US without any issue given that the Bahamas is one of the countries that is exempt for US visa. The host family took the lady for a short visit to Canada. On their way back to the US, the lady and the host family were shocked to find out that the Bahamian lady needed a visa. It turned out that Bahamians didn't need a visa to enter the US only when they were travelling directly from the Bahamas. Given that she wasn't coming from the Bahamas, a visa was require for her to re-enter the US.

The laws are not always easy to interpret. That is why you never speak to a police officer without the presence of a lawyer.The same thing hold true for travelers, never travel without contacting the embassy of the country you are planning to visit or the country of transit for the most to date visa info.
Re: ....... by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
TheCongo2:

To be safe, I would advise you to contact the embassy of Ethiopia or the airline itself and explain your situation in full details. Sometimes, the law and regulation can be very complex and not always easy to interpret. One day I was travelling by road from Canada to the United States. At the US-Canada border, I came across a lady from the Bahamas who was detained momentarily as she was also trying to enter the US from Canada. The reason for the detention was that she didn't have a US visa. Normally, people from the Bahamas don't require a visa to enter the US.

The lady had left the Bahamas 2 weeks earlier to visit an american family in Pennsylvanian. At that time, she was let into the US without any issue given that the Bahamas is one of the countries that is exempt for US visa. The host family took the lady for a short visit to Canada. On their way back to the US, the lady and the host family were shocked to find out that the Bahamian lady needed a visa. It turned out that Bahamians didn't need a visa to enter the US only when they were travelling directly from the Bahamas. Given that she wasn't coming from the Bahamas, a visa was require for her to re-enter the US.

The laws are not always easy to interpret. That is why you never speak to a police officer without the presence of a lawyer.The same thing hold true for travelers, never travel without contacting the embassy of the country you are planning to visit or the country of transit for the most to date visa info.

Actually that is not true bro, stopover not longer than 24hrs and you don't intend to leave the airport into the country then you don't need transit visa neither do you need to contact the embassy
Re: ....... by TheCongo2: 8:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Actually that is not true bro, stopover not longer than 24hrs and you don't intend to leave the airport into the country then you don't need transit visa neither do you need to contact the embassy

Justwise, shalom brother! Does this rule been applied by all the countries in the world? Residents of Canada who aren't Canadian citizens are required to hold a US transit visa when returning to Canada through the US even when when the stop over is less than 24 hours.
Re: ....... by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
TheCongo2:

Justwise, shalom brother! Does this rule been applied by all the countries in the world? Residents of Canada who aren't Canadian citizens are required to hold a US transit visa when returning to Canada through the US even when when the stop over is less than 24 hours.

I'm not sure about the scenario you painted but transit visa is only needed when one will be staying more than 24hrs and needed to go into the country for hours or a day or two.

1 Like

Re: ....... by Yorubah(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
@justwise

Happy new year @Justwise, Please i need you to put me through, I want to apply for UK visa on a short visit, how many years tax card can I attach as an employee?

Lastly; I have other source of income that reflects on my salary account, pls enlighten me how do do about it in explaining to the visa officer.

I look forward to reading your response. Thanks
Re: ....... by justwise(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
Yorubah:
@justwise

Happy new year @Justwise, Please i need you to put me through, I want to apply for UK visa on a short visit, how many years tax card can I attach as an employee?

Lastly; I have other source of income that reflects on my salary account, pls enlighten me how do do about it in explaining to the visa officer.

I look forward to reading your response. Thanks

As an employee you don't need to present any tax card, just your salary account and payslips.

Use the blank space in the form to explain the other source of income you have and support it with paper evidence if have any.
Re: ....... by Yorubah(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
Okay, thanks a lot. I'll ask any question further if needed. God bless us all.
justwise:

As an employee you don't need to present any tax card, just your salary account and payslips.

Use the blank space in the form to explain the other source of income you have and support it with paper evidence if have any.

(1) (Reply)

V / Mexico Visa Duration / GRE Prep Materials For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.