Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

The True Definition Of Prophecy... With Bible Quotations..... Please Read..... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Definition Of Prophecy... With Bible Quotations..... Please Read..... (515 Views)

True Definition Of Sin. / The True Definition Of Athiesm / Please I Need Sincere Bible Quotations Onthis Issues! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The True Definition Of Prophecy... With Bible Quotations..... Please Read..... by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2016
I decided to write about this because of the responses i got as a result of my comment on the controversial Prophet Suleiman's 2016 Prophecies..... . Please Read to the end..... and you can bring your own points with Bible references if you agree or do not agree with me!....

only God knows the future, [Isaiah 46:9-10, “Remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure,’”]

Prophecy is a way for God to communicate to His people. [ see Hosea 12:10, NKJV. “I have also spoken by the prophets, and have multiplied visions; I have given symbols through the witness of the prophets.”] and God reveals His PLANS to the prophets!.....[see Amos 3:7, NKJV. “Surely the Lord GOD does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets”].

Now if God reveals His plans to prophets, the question should be what are God's Plans for his People?

Answer: God’s plans are always for our good. [see Jeremiah 29:11, NIV. “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”]

Now God has given the Church the gifts of the spirit, and prophecy is one of the.... [see Romans 12:6-7, NKJV. "Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching"]. The gift of prophecy is to build up the church and unify it. [Ephesians 4:11-13, NKJV. "And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;"]

The Bible says Be sure to test prophets. [see 1 John 4:1, NKJV. "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world."]

Prophets must speak according to the Bible. (Isaiah 8:20) and any Prophecy that does not enhance the understanding of God’s love is worthless! [ 1 Corinthians 13:2, NKJV. “And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”]

So a Prophecy is to tell us God's plans for us! which is for Our Good!.... it is to edify and unite our spirit with God!.....

http://www.adenegift.com/2016/01/what-is-prophecy-true-definition-with.html

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Prophecy... With Bible Quotations..... Please Read..... by ayopo10(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 1 Corinthians 14:3

1 Like

Re: The True Definition Of Prophecy... With Bible Quotations..... Please Read..... by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2016
ayopo10:
But the one who prophesies speaks to
people for their strengthening,
encouraging and comfort.
1 Corinthians 14:3

your head dae house!.... God bless you

(1) (Reply)

The Angels Around Us / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 17/01/16 / Living For Eternity Honoring Christ On The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.