Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. (754 Views)

FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide / IMAGINE: Female Student Caught Doing Herself With A Corn/maize (+18 See Photos) / Is Nairaland Too Harsh On Foreign Posters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by toshacer: 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2009
Sorry 2Legit2Qui, you've lost your forum posting privileges.

Reason: Posting A Spam-Like Message (pls mail and provide your UserName if this is wrong)

And hours after doing so - i.e. sending the said email, the fellow still stands banned, and reason? for posting a "suspicious" spam message? hmmm, what sense there?
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Tudor4(m): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2009
Trust me i've been banned with more ridiculous reasons. . .
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Gabry(f): 8:54am On Jun 14, 2009
Poster, it comes to say that u do not simply give a wrong email add to people I presume? undecided
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by toshacer: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2009
Gabry - what r u saying
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by mukina2: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2009
Sorry Poster, it will be rectified soon.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by YemiAlabi: 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2009
Yeah. hmmmm.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Gabry(f): 2:06am On Jun 15, 2009
tosh_acer:

Gabry - what r u saying

Sorry I did not read. . . embarassed
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by spikedcylinder: 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2009
I think the anti spam software goes on over drive sometimes.
Simply email the admin for wrongful banning and I'm sure the problem will be rectified.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2009
bugs cheesy

admin, get back to the drawing board cheesy
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Jatador: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
If the anti spam software is messed up, throw the damn thing out. . .
A friend tried to activate his account after registering and got banned for spamming while activating.and that's on the very first log in. . . .damn!
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by stamma(m): 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2009
nairaland uses an okirika (OK) anti spam software .
why ban people ?when they can make use of another user name, LOL
go stick your fu******ing (OK) anti spam software in to my A****** s.
Reasons all trash.
God forbid that any user name should be banned. The practice is as indefensible as infanticide.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I think the anti spam software goes on over drive sometimes.
Simply email the admin for wrongful banning and I'm sure the problem will be rectified.

That stuff is quite crazy atimes. It gave me a shock when it banned me some days back while i was
still a moderator. I lost all my moderation privileges as well. . .cannot even PM or move any thread sef.
And of course after investigation, Seun saw that i did not do anything wrong sef. But i was equally
surprised that it could ban a moderator? But it guess it cannot ban mukina2 sha.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by mukina2: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2009
dhtml:

That stuff is quite crazy atimes. It gave me a shock when it banned me some days back while i was
still a moderator. I lost all my moderation privileges as well. . .cannot even PM or move any thread sef.
And of course after investigation, Seun saw that i did not do anything wrong sef. But i was equally
surprised that it could ban a moderator? But it guess it cannot ban mukina2 sha
Before you make silly a statement PLEASE ask first.
The anti-spam bot bans anything that looks like spam.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2009
mukina2:

Before you make silly a statement PLEASE ask first.
The anti-spam bot bans anything that looks like spam.
WTF? Whoooooooooo is making silly statements for hia now?

The anti-spam bot like some people misbehave too. Gbam!
And there are many people too that hav been wrongfully banned by it.
Or do you want me to start posting complaint threads for hia?

But having said that, seun has been improving on it, but it is not yet perfect! Admit it already!
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by mukina2: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2009
Didnt ask for anything, i only replied because you said it cannot ban me. i dunno why you people like my name
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2009
mukina2:

Didnt ask for anything, i only replied because you said it cannot ban me. i dunno why you people like my name
Interesting. This is the first time i am actually talkin to you. And i am sorry for mentioning your name.
Just that sometimes i wonder how being a super-mod feels like - besides, i actually wanted to see what you will say - and i have.

We have not really met before, but i have heared different things about you, from some people close to you on NL, and some
that even know you in real life sef. . . .havin said all that, i hope i have not offended you in any way sha before i get banned?
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2009
Mukina use to be a toxic name in the early 40's and is usually categorized as been mostly unfriendly. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
careful.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2009
brein:

Mukina use to be a toxic name in the early 40's and is usually categorized as been mostly unfriendly. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
careful.
Shaddap your maut already. This mukina2 hia is different. She is a very nice person from all i have gathered.
The only reason why people complain is because she is the super-mod and kinda query the board management.
And again, Nigerians are alwayz very quick to point fingers at people. For instance, if you get banned right now,
you will see it is mukina2, if i get banned after this post too, i will say the same thing, because we are Nigerians.

All that having been said, i will still see if i can possibly chat with mukina2, and see for myself - the kinda person she is!
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by mukina2: 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2009
dhtml:

Interesting. This is the first time i am actually talkin to you. And i am sorry for mentioning your name.
Just that sometimes i wonder how being a super-mod feels like - besides, i actually wanted to see what you will say - and i have.

We have not really met before, but i have heared different things about you, from some people close to you on NL, and some
that even know you in real life sef. . . .havin said all that, i hope i have not offended you in any way sha before i get banned?

close to me on NL real life? They must be having a laff.
The rumour mill didnt start today, so they can claim they live in the same house with me sef cheesy cheesy

brein:

careful.
show me your friend and i'll tell you who you are cheesy
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2009
mukina2:

close to me on NL real life? They must be having a laff.
The rumour mill didnt start today, so they can claim they live in the same house with me sef cheesy cheesy
Berra believe it, and it is wrong to underestimate people too. 3 of my sources happen to be mods (still active).

Well, i will leave it at that. Guess i have made up my mind already - on the kinda person u are.
My correlates were correct from the start. I only needed 2 posts from u to confirm. I am outta dis thread.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by mukina2: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2009
Mods or not, the people i am really close to , do not even know you, so gather all ur "i know you stories" for yourself. nor be byforce.

as per who i really am, thats for me to know, believe what you want, cant be bothered.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2009
It's been nice chatting with you. And u have no idea of who i am, who i know and who i dont - you too have limitations - you cant know it all and are nt perfect. Have a nice day. And in case you feel i have been rude or insultive in anyway - i am sorry about it - but that is just me.
If you have any more doubts about me, you can ask seun - i have had more dealings with him - not too long ago.
And interesting, i moderated for about 5 - 6 months, and yet - we never spoke until now. . .
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2009
And by the way, Seun did metioned that i should chat with you during one of our conversations about a day or two ago. . .
and gave me ur YIM too but you have not been picking your calls - either that or i did not dial right?
Some things are best not said hia. Besides, it will only get the thread deleted permanently. I know.
Now i am beginin to wonder how long this thread will last sef (and my account too). Abeg (i don postrate for hia o),
no delete them o - na Baba God I take Beg You O. Mi o ni se iru e mo. Sorry, i forget - no vernacular speaking.
See, i don dey cry for hia o.  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by ifyalways(f): 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2009
mukina2:

Mods or not, the people i am really close to , do not even know you, so gather all ur "i know you stories" for yourself. nor be byforce.

as per who i really am, thats for me to know, believe what you want, cant be bothered.
rofl.
una funny.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2009
ifyalways:

rofl.
una funny.

Whoooooo is funny? if i slap that your maut for you dia, u go see stars!
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by ifyalways(f): 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2009
I see !.try something else.
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2009
ifyalways:

I see !.try something else.
Just kidding. . . how is the day going nau? so wat do u suggest we try?

@all, thanks you everybody, me and mukina2 are now friends, u can all go back to your houses. . .
Re: Imagine Reasons Why They Ban You On Nairaland, Too Authoritative. by lastpage: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2009
Just came back from Jail! 4days BAN!
When l saw this thread just now now, l nearly laughed my teeth off! grin
I never knew that "the BAN" was very common till now.
, and l never knew that those "pesky auto-bots" could be responsible for it!

Technology is supposed to "assist and not try to take over" the world

Anyway, l am feeling a little better now, it has to be the fault of some mindless "software" grin

Hmmmm,
I dey come sha.

Lastpage

(1) (Reply)

Our Police And Illiteracy! / Top Healthy Cities In Nigeria / X Factor:rahel Adedeji: Nigerians In The Uk Pls Vote For Our Our

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.