Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. (12532 Views)

A Female Friend Needs A Roommate In Lagos!!! / Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! / My Friend Was Fired because Of Me Should I Quit The Job Also? Advice Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by fritiyo: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2016
My good people of nl, a friend of mine needs ur advice. He is level 8 step 3 working in d federal ministry of edu. He was paid #27, 415 instead of #51000 and above all, his December salary.

Could it be error of his bank that wrongly credited him with that sum. According to him, his colleague who is the same level n step with him received #51,000 while his bank paid in #27,415

pls he needs advice on how to go about it.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by xMrPx(m): 10:46pm On Jan 02, 2016
Tell ur friend to sought himself out' noor be everything dem dey put for social platform

66 Likes

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by sule17(m): 10:47pm On Jan 02, 2016
Those of u that are spoiling govt name God will punish all of u, nl think well bfor u coment. His is about to blame nigerian govt. God dey oooo

1 Like

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by fritiyo: 10:57pm On Jan 02, 2016
sule17:
Those of u that are spoiling govt name God will punish all of u, nl think well bfor u coment. His is about to blame nigerian govt. God dey oooo
oga this is not about blame tye govt game. the govt has directed salary to be paid but his bank did not credit the full money

7 Likes

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by fritiyo: 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2016
xMrPx:
Tell ur friend to sought himself out' noor be everything dem dey put for social platform

Thank u for ur nice advice.
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by yak(m): 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2016
there is an accounts officer in his office, bw he has a direct boss and can sought things out through that means. I remember I was not paid one month like dat, wen I wrote letter, got my bank statement n forwarded to d office, it was sought out n d nxt month I was paid double salary. bw we shld understand that it's not everything that shld come to the internet, some cld b sorted out by asking relevant questions from very senior colleagues.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by petiteee(f): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2016
Did he get a loan?

4 Likes

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by uboma(m): 4:30am On Jan 03, 2016
petiteee:
Did he get a loan?

You have asked an excellent question!

@ op, asides loan, did your friend request for salary advance from his bank? Please get further details from him and if his response is negative, then he should follow-up the matter with his office-the account department who will verify from their books and his account statement and possibly do the needful.

And by the way, you did nothing wrong bringing this issue up here.

4 Likes

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by fritiyo: 7:59am On Jan 03, 2016
uboma:

You have asked an excellent question!

@ op, asides loan, did your friend request for salary advance from his bank? Please get further details from him and if his response is negative, then he should follow-up the matter with his office-the account department who will verify from their books and his account statement and possibly do the needful.

And by the way, you did nothing wrong bringing this issue up here.

He is a new employee who just received his first salary. i dont think he will allowed to take a loan when he has not started receiving salary.
thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by fritiyo: 8:01am On Jan 03, 2016
petiteee:
Did he get a loan?

Did they give loan to new employee who has not received salary in a federal set up.
Am sure he is not on loan.
thnks anyways.

1 Like

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by petiteee(f): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2016
fritiyo:

Did they give loan to new employee who has not received salary in a federal set up.
Am sure he is not on loan.
thnks anyways.
I only askd a question. If I kne I won't ask afterall u came here to see opinions undecided
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by Chidizman(m): 12:30pm On Jan 03, 2016
OP Are you sure its not you and you re here claiming its your friend undecided
Thats BTW
I"d advice him to report back to his workplace and meet with their Chief Accounting Officer for clarification because such mistakes might not necessarily come from the Bank except its Eco bank ofcourse cheesy And since you said he didn't collect an Overdraft whatsoever. The mistake is from his Workplace.
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by dhameelare(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2016
Maybe your friend is an Osun State worker

5 Likes

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by Mustay(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2016
Contact your Account Officer or go to the Accounts Department first and not NL.

Yes, NLers may give you advice but it's improper to ignore established procedures of the Ministry for Internet consultation. Please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by Chinum: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
fritiyo:

He is a new employee who just received his first salary. i dont think he will allowed to take a loan when he has not started receiving salary.
thanks for the advice
@bolded. When I first started working, I was paid just about 80 percent of my main salary upon enquiry I found out its was so cos I didn't start with them from the beginning of the month but rather started on the 5th. So let him consider that.

3 Likes

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by miqos02(m): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2016
hmmm
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by lasisi69(f): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2016
I will give u my own half when I get paid

1 Like

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by Timoleon(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
above all, i think your friend does not deserve to b employed in the ministry of education....he is uneducated. has he asked the bank reasons why that was the amount paid? the ministry certainly has an accounts departmet that gives monthly salary and allowance statements, has he made enquiries over there? what's this doin on social media? when he was collecting others did he inform us?

Gerrara here mehn!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by igboboy3(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
[size=13pt] First of all, all this "my friend said this, my friend did that" doesn't help anybody. We all know there is no friend who shared this problem, so please leave trash for LAWMA.

Secondly, your "friend's" problem is not new. Many civil servants have had their salaries slashed this period. This new govt is tightening its purse-strings to fund our budget and kick-start our economy. It affects the bonuses & allowances and not the basic salary. If your bonuses accounted for 50% of total take-home that any percentage slash will be a big hit. I also know a few civil servants who had a reduction in salary.

Tell your "friend" to go to the Accounts dept and view his payslip[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by moneybag100: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
You or your friend?

3 Likes

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by slap1(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2016
Even the full salary is poor for a federal worker with level 8. He should report to the finance department. Did he work for a full month?
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
xMrPx:

Who u go blame? The OP or the MOD wen put this goat shit for FP
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by Coolgent(m): 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
sad
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by philfrey08: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Hmmm
U work half month?
Probably u been paid 13th month.... salary is coming soon
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by GraceBestowed(f): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
Firstly he needs to ascertain how much was sent to his account so as to figure out the origin of the error.

Hopefully it's an error that can be fixed soonish.
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by omusiliyu(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
What kind of advice again. If he can't go and lodge complain in his bank, he's free to quit the job and wait for babu #5k per month allowance.
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by adexsimply(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2016
He should return it ASAP angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by ultrazone(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by philfrey08: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2016
sule17:
Hmmm... kilode
Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by free2ryhme: 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
Why are you lying? My friend did this my aunty said this my uncle do this when will owe up that the situation involves you the real complaint? Stop lying You are the one that was paid half salary nobody else haba

We were not their to confirm you payslip, letter of employment or bank balance

Not everything nairaland get answer.

Go to facebook or twitter and post same come back and tell us the response

1 Like

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by philfrey08: 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
sule17:
Hmmm... kilode
E take e eazy.... who wound u?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls My Friend Needs Advice. He Was Paid Half Salary. by Abduletudaye(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
angry

I hope he didnt submit wrong details? Also, he should goto the ministry to complain.. I believe the banks just receive money on their behalf..

grin

angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Common Mistakes Made In Resume Writing / I Want To Do My Internship Abroad / This Man Told Me He Makes Minimum Of 30k From This Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.