Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! (15518 Views)

Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / How Much S The Startin Salary For Telecommunication Engineers In Nigeria Telecom / November Salary For FG Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 9:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
We went to work today and hoping to receive good news that people have started receiving alert, but alas we were greeted with the form shown below shocked The form titled: "Consent to part payment of January 2016 salary", and for the benefit of those who may not be able to read it properly, the content is quoted below:
In view of the shortfall in January, the following Senior Staff and Academic Staff of the University hereby consent to be paid part salary with 50% Responsibility Allowance (where applicable) and excluding Peculiar Allowance for the month of January 2016. I hereby consent:
The following should be noted about this form:
1. No principal officer of the University (VC, Registrar, Bursar or Dean) signed this form;
2. The form has no cover letter;
3. There is no indication of whether the balance will ever be paid again!

The form was issued and staff, as stated in the form are expected to sign "almost by force", is this appropriate.

Is this method of short changing the hard working staff, approved by President Buhari and his Minister of Education?

It should be carefully noted that this is a University where staff are given a query for going to pray in the mosque or going to eat.

The current situation in the University now is that you either signed this form and get part payment for January or you do not get paid for January at all! Again, I asked, is this approved by President Buhari?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by otokx(m): 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Your university mgt is corrupt and has connived with your unions (where they exist) to defraud you.

Find out what is happening in other universities, it does appear that there is a difference between the number of staff records at NUC and the actual number of staff in the various universities.

9 Likes

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 11:16pm On Feb 09, 2016
otokx:
Your university mgt is corrupt and has connived with your unions (where they exist) to defraud you.

Find out what is happening in other universities, it does appear that there is a difference between the number of staff records at NUC and the actual number of staff in the various universities.
The unions are just being formed! This University, i.e., FULAFIA is about the least paid University among the nine "New" Universities established by Ex-President Jonathan. Most of the allowances paid in other universities are not paid in FULAFIA, and now the little that is being paid is to be slashed in half!

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by sinkhole: 7:21am On Feb 10, 2016
dis s kwarunsion grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by looseweight: 7:23am On Feb 10, 2016
I smell corruption
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 8:28am On Feb 10, 2016
looseweight:
I smell corruption
You can say that again! Since last year you can hardly get stationery to do simple office work. Initially, it was blamed on TSA, but after TSA the situation persist up till today!

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 8:54am On Feb 10, 2016
Seun, Mynd44, I will be grateful if this topic could hit Front Page! Because i can not understnd why hard working Nigerians who have worked for a whole month will have to be given half salary for that month and considering the economic situation in the country now, how do they expect people to survive?
If this half salary is paid then some people will actually have nothing to collect because they already have bank loan to settle, infact some will not be able to fully service their bank loan and of course banks will be happy since a delay will attract more interest shocked
What of those that have miriads of family issues to attend to; this is a period for school fee of children to be paid, etc
Infact I think EFCC should investigate this particular University o cry

CC: Seun, Mynd44
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
Thanks to the big bros, Seun for moving this to frontpage and also, thanks to our able @lalasticlala grin cheesy
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by emmyw(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by techmart(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
serious
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2016
Cool.

The Lecturers should only teach the students half of the curriculum.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by MizTyna(f): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Do not get paid at all? For work you did?

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by amtaken(f): 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Only in Buhari's regime.

Chanjiii.

4 Likes

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Futbolpredikts: 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
Abeg make una no complain oo... Its part of change oo.. Make una sip viju step am down..

Proudly wailer

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by solidman59(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
CHANGE!!!
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by MARKone(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
We are in for a very bumpy ride this year. God help us. If Fed Uni is paying half salary, what will happen to state owned institutions.

3 Likes

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by hkidola00(m): 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
h
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by whizfache(m): 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
I just hate Nigeria government system

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by hkidola00(m): 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2016
amtaken:
Only in Buhari's regime.

Chanjiii.
really? hahahaha, tell me shiiit, your ogogoro bastard otuoke dunce almost sinked this country into d Atlantic ocean, times were hard I tell u, it will be beta,now tell me how long will it take to bring a wall down, fifteen minute let say, but to rebuild it won't take d same time, it cud take two to three days, u come dey say "only in buhari's regime"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Well....one of the problems caused by PDP establishing too many universities has finally mainfested.

During the last election., many PDP boys and girls told us that the twelve new universities were a sign that GEJ was working. What they did not tell us was that the means of adequately funding those universities was not certain.

In 2009, ASUU went on strike,and got the government to promise that every university in Nigeria would share N3 trillion naira over four years. By 2013...the govt had not paid up....and then they slashed it to N1 trillion over 5 years....and they had stopped paying up by 2015.Then we established more universities....and kept on paying the same old very low fees. Any attempt to respond to the shortfall in funding by raisng fees was seen as anti-people.

Well, here we are in 2016. Oilprcies have dropped,and suddenly there is no money. And fees are still artificially low.

Establishing those new universities does not looklike a good idea.

And let me tell you....a fully fledged university needs $100million....that is N30billion per annum to run as a world class institution. Nigeria does not even have up to that money to fund the universities. And the current government want to spend more on primary and secondary education, and only on parts of the universities.

So...if you want to keep your universities....you better be prepared to pay fees as high as N200000-600000 per annum. Am sorry....but Nigeria is not rich. If PDP was in charge...I would have said the same thing. Sorry.....but it is the fact

So....increase the fees. Make primary and secondary education free....and increase university fees. It costs N600000-1.2Million naira to train a Nigerian university student yearly. Out of that ,Nigerian student pays N50000. Where are you going to get N550000 from...with dropping oil prices?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by kennyman2000(m): 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hmmmmm.... Atimes, i just weep for my dear country. Seriously, Nigeria still has a long way to go. What happened to the students fees? This's simple biz. Students pay their fees, workers get paid and school makes her profit.

Is it that almost all the payment made by students have been diverted into another biz? Thereby shortchanging the lecturers after when they've laboured and waiting for their salaries.

Chai! These are parts of the reasons people take to illegal activities. Govt isnt encouraging genuine hustle at all.

It's well sha.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by ShitHead(m): 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
And one old man is up there spending billions on Fura...RIP Nigeria.
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by kado(m): 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
okkk.. noted

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Iko5000: 2:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Change is here , Zombies enjoy . OH WAIT THEY SAID WE SHOULD BLAME GEJ . angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by onyxo76(m): 2:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
this becoming strange. Doctors working with OAUTHC ile-ife were also paid half salary for January which they rejected an the salary was returned.
UCH Ibadan didn't receive December salary and there is no indication that they will ever get it again...a lot of funny stuff going on.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by Melkizedek(m): 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
adasah:
The unions are just being formed! This University, i.e., FULAFIA is about the least paid University among the nine "New" Universities established by Ex-President Jonathan. Most of the allowances paid in other universities are not paid in FULAFIA, and now the little that is being paid is to be slashed in half!
uhmm what can I say, life is harsh...the 'clueless one' built a new university thereby creating jobs and enlightening the youths in the area..only for him to be shoved out by the same people, hoping for paradise from an untried and untested 'messiah'...I am just passing through the thread by the way..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by evansvenus(m): 2:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
Is this applicable to the to the other new universities...why not find out...and if it is,pls write a petition to the ministry of education!
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by wristbangle: 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
amtaken:
Only in Buhari's regime.

Chanjiii.

undecided

Not again. Even though d present administration as not fulfil his campaign promises doesn't mean u should point finger at PMB.

Can't u see its the university mgt @ fault?
Re: Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! by adasah: 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
onyxo76:
this becoming strange. Doctors working with OAUTHC ile-ife were also paid half salary for January which they rejected an the salary was returned.
UCH Ibadan didn't receive December salary and there is no indication that they will ever get it again...a lot of funny stuff going on.
The problem with this University is that they refused to pay December salary to some staff and also did not pay responsibility allowances generally, without asking for anybodies sgnature, they just removed those renumerations! But why are they asking for sgnature now to pay half salary?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff / How To Increase Your Income In Nigeria / Nigerian Doctors Defend Yourselves From Smooth-Talking Medical Jobbbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.