Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist (1064 Views)

The Car Prize Given To Mr Eazi As The Winner Of 2016 HEADIES Next Rated Artiste / Tekno Disqualified From Headies Next Rated Award / And The Winner Of Headies 2016 Next Rated Artist Is ? (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Dramadiddy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2016
Like I've said severally on different threads on here, I
'expected' Lil Kesh to win the Next Rated Award at
#TheHeadies2015 . But that's all it is- expectation.
Like me, so many other people 'expected' him to win too, based on the strength of his popularity.
Unfortunately, the Next Rated Award is a voting
category. There's also an additional process of vote
verification. Let's do a simple arithmetic.
Based off Twitter, here's how the contenders stand in
terms of following:
(Let's ignore that these figures have made considerable
increase since the feud started)
ReekadoBanks : 74k followers
Don Jazzy: 1.3M followers
Total: 1.374k
Lil Kesh: 85k
Olamide : 692k
Total: 777K
Korede Bello: 122k
Don Jazzy: 1.3M
Total: 1. 422K
Kiss Daniel: 95K
Emperor Geezy: 8K
Total: 103K
If their Social media fan base is anything to go by, I think it's safe to say Mavins have more shots at the Award than YBNL and G-Worldwide combined.
In a voting category, more street popularity doesn't
always translate to more votes, and vice versa.
(Even in FUTO elections) For those who say Olamide didn't mention any names but was called out by Donjazzy, I have this to say: When Olamide lost his cool on that stage, throwing provocative jabs, he actually called out you and me, and everyone who has common sense. There is no justification for what he did. There are more sensible ways to make his point.
And being 'street' is not an excuse for that either!
I blame ReekadoBanks for lighting the spark.
He was so caught up in his emotions that he made
unguarded comments that obviously riled the YBNL
camp. "I know say some people dey vex right now...you can go ahead and rant...ranting is allowed"(sic)
He even said: "Lil Kesh, you dey make me feel like say I
no get talent" (sic) Those comments were as provocative as they were unnecessary. Donjazzy is to be blamed too for making unnecessary comments too. Worst of which is the cuss at Olamide. On an abstract note, do you ever wonder what this public show of immaturity says about the who Olamide is, beyond the facade of our beloved Artist Of The Year? Going by his affinity for raunchy lyrics, and his public fit, I think Olamide is capable of domestic violence, even rape sef.
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by airmark(m): 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dramadiddy:
Like I've said severally on different threads on here, I
'expected' Lil Kesh to win the Next Rated Award at
#TheHeadies2015 . But that's all it is- expectation.
Like me, so many other people 'expected' him to win too, based on the strength of his popularity.
Unfortunately, the Next Rated Award is a voting
category. There's also an additional process of vote
verification. Let's do a simple arithmetic.
Based off Twitter, here's how the contenders stand in
terms of following:
(Let's ignore that these figures have made considerable
increase since the feud started)
ReekadoBanks : 74k followers
Don Jazzy: 1.3M followers
Total: 1.374k
Lil Kesh: 85k
Olamide : 692k
Total: 777K
Korede Bello: 122k
Don Jazzy: 1.3M
Total: 1. 422K
Kiss Daniel: 95K
Emperor Geezy: 8K
Total: 103K
If their Social media fan base is anything to go by, I think it's safe to say Mavins have more shots at the Award than YBNL and G-Worldwide combined.

It's not anything to go by. If it is, legendury beats would not beat don jazzy to the best producer award. Adekunle gold would n't have beaten Di'ja to best alternative song award. Olamide and co know how the industry operates, only that he overreacted.
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Lousymouth(m): 1:45pm On Jan 03, 2016
When everything was going Olamide"s way no Problem oooo... His stooge lost an award he went Street on us....
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Dramadiddy(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2016
airmark:

It's not anything to go by. If it is, legendury beats would not beat don jazzy to the best producer award. Adekunle gold would n't have beaten Di'ja to best alternative song award. Olamide and co know how the industry operates, only that he overreacted.
you say his fan base is not anything to go by, so his fans are not human beings that use phones?
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by airmark(m): 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dramadiddy:
you say his fan base is not anything to go by, so his fans are not human beings that use phones?

Did you read my post well? Why did nt his fan base work for di'ja and himself in categories they were nominated for which they lost? Think deep bro.
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Dramadiddy(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2016
airmark:

Did you read my post well? Why did nt his fan base work for di'ja and himself in categories they were nominated for which they lost? Think deep bro.
you have a point
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Waspy(m): 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2016
TBH, if I were Olamide, I would have done the same ish...maybe even more, with the kinda silly speech Reek gave after receiving the award he so well knows he doesn't deserve. Reek riled up that reaction. It feels like daylight robbery and the thief is so cocky he wants what you don't have on you.
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Slickest(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Its a shame on both of them, exposing their dolt side to us so cheaply over what?... Olamide's action doesn't justify what ever point he was trying to prove, Donjazzy's response showed us that maturity is way beyond being bearded, having body mass and possessing a deep voice... Nd for d maggots in d labels (lil kesh, reekardo etc) they are supposed 2b d future of d industry but their approaches makes parents frown @ their kids doing music...

Silly reekardo started d fire, he screwed in the thoughts that the whole award process has been altered, immature speech from the young lad... Nd for lilkesh saying his pay in two weeks would cover the whole next rated price, then why is his boss fussing?

The whole drama just shows how local and immature our industry is, the genre of their music shows in their attitude.... #shame

#respect
Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Damikevin(m): 3:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
And it is believed that numbers don't lie!

1 Like

Re: Analysis Of The Headies Next Rated Artist by Reediano(m): 8:34am On Jan 04, 2016
Great analysis though, but seriously if that's how it works then dij a should av won in the category she was nominated in...

And also looking at it individually I think lilkesh has more followers when compared to reekado

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar Deletes Pregnancy Post On IG After Fans Question Her [PICS] / Photos: Toke Makinwa Looks Extremely Stylish In Winter Attire. / Kendall Jenner Makes Shocking CR7 Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.