Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:08 AM

Actress, Ruth Kadiru Speaks On Childhood & Challenges She Faced In Her Career - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Actress, Ruth Kadiru Speaks On Childhood & Challenges She Faced In Her Career (352 Views)

Laura Ikeji, Ruth Kadiri, Mabel Makun, Others Are Boss Ladies. See Why / Fan Proposes To Actress Ruth Kadiri After She Posts Hot Photo / Toyin Aimakhu – 4 Biggest Blunders That Almost Destroyed Her Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actress, Ruth Kadiru Speaks On Childhood & Challenges She Faced In Her Career by Vabadonsblog1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
Actress, Ruth Kadiri while speaking in an interview with Punch spoke about her childhood and the challenges she faced while building her career.

Has it always been your dream to become an actress?

My passion for acting started in the church, and that is why I see my career as an obligation to God. I started writing in my secondary school days before I began to attend auditions for movie roles. I can still remember my first audition; it was at the Wale Adenuga Studios where I later met a friend, Victor Eze, who had a writing school. I attended his school and graduated. I wrote my first script, ‘Wild and Dirty,’ and after that I continued to write some more till I started getting roles in movies that adapted my own scripts. That was how acting started for me. I had my first major breakthrough when I starred in, ‘Boy’s Cot,’ which featured acts like Jim Iyke, Nonso Diobi, Mike Ezerouye and Uche Jombo. It was a very great start for me and since then, I have never looked back.

What were some of the challenges you faced while building your career?

Like every other profession, starting up always has its challenges. However, I was determined and focused. For me, it was simply about making it in life and being successful. So I had to cross every obstacle that came my way with my head high. Thank God I passed through all the challenges and I proved to myself that I deserve to be successful.

Has your career influenced your style?

Definitely, I would say yes. My career, to a large extent, has influenced my style. Although my present style has always been what I rock, being a role model definitely also has a part to play in it. I cannot attempt to try some styles because I consider what people would think of me as a role model. Constantly being in the public glare does not leave room to be daring when it comes to fashion.

Thinking back, how would you describe your childhood?

I grew up like every normal kid; though far from being born with a silver spoon. While growing up, my greatest asset was hope. I learnt things the hard way as a child, having great and early experiences, giving clearer understanding of the struggles one has to go through as a child hoping to become someone in life, a lot of obstacles, discriminations and rejections, high shouldered responsibilities but I thank God for what I am today and what the future holds, all challenges I faced, helped me become the person I am today.

Source: http://www.vabadon.com/2016/01/actress-ruth-kadiru-speaks-on-childhood.html?m=1

More at: http://www.vabadon.com

(1) (Reply)

Ybnl Vs Mavin Wahala Ended / HEADIES Releases Statement Over The Drama That Happened On Their Award Nigh / Two Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.