Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

The Champions League, Its Anthem And Its Meaning - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Champions League, Its Anthem And Its Meaning (619 Views)

Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" / American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump / Wrong National Anthem For Nigeria At RIO 2016: Nigerians React (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Champions League, Its Anthem And Its Meaning by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2016
the champions is a league where all top teams from all premiere division meet to determine the winner
many of us just mumble when hearing the champions league anthem without know the details about it
I was written and sung by tony Britten
here are the lyrics
Ce sont les meilleures equipes
Es sind sie allerbesten
Mannschaften
The main event
Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes equipes
The champions!
Une grande reunion
Eine große sportliche
Veranstaltung
The main event
Ils sont les meilleurs
Sie sind die Besten
These are the champions
Die Meister
Die Besten
Les grandes equipped
The champions!

Tony Britten, who composed “Champions League” in 1992, was writing commercial jingles when he got the job to compose the anthem.

The song does not have a catchy hook, mostly because its lyrics are in three languages.

The song is not particularly original, mostly because it was inspired by a piece that was written nearly 300 years ago and was intended for use at the coronation of a king known for having numerous mistresses and an ill-tempered personality.

The song has never spent a day on Billboard’s Top 100 (or any other chart, for that matter), mostly because it is not available for purchase or download and has never been a part of the rotation on any significant radio station.
Re: The Champions League, Its Anthem And Its Meaning by Ojestas(m): 5:24pm On Jan 03, 2016
We are the Championsssss !!

That's all i know

1 Like

Re: The Champions League, Its Anthem And Its Meaning by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ojestas:
We are the Championsssss !!

That's all i know

That's what most pple know

(1) (Reply)

We Can Make Millions On Tomorrow Matches / Rio Ferdinand Plaits Daughter's Hair / The Messi and Suarez Penalty Kick Controversy... What Does The Law Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.