Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,087 members, 7,957,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:24 AM

How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION (912 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance / The Scam Of 6 Months Nigerian Used Cars For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by rainmaker12(m): 1:23am On Jan 04, 2016
#Transmission
Many pple will fall for d trick "don't run too much Pls, u haven't bought it yet"
I went to a dealer some days back and test a 2006 range sport vs Mercedes ml350. D guy was telling me "don't speed too much".
I slammed d pedal all d way down guess what happened.
Both cars wey revving at 4000 rpm with full throttle. Now dats a problem.
NAIJA used cars r prone to gear,solenoid,sensors and switch problems.
At full throttle engine should Revv up to 6000 rpm, followed by d gear immediately shifting down and zoom..ur gone. Anything other than this just give dem deir motor back.
Essence of this is to
1. Glimpse of sensors conditions (scan 4 better knowledge)
2. View to see how gears r changed
3. Tell if gear is active or not

Shikina!

Note. Know what u r doing b4 u Rev any car up to 6k rpm...like amg e63 grin
Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11am On Jan 04, 2016
its good to test vigorously but do not do compulsory acquisition because you destroyed an engine. 6krpm is dangerous and could cause an engine to throw a rod.
Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2016
If an engine throws a rod at a mere 6000 rpm, then it must have been knocking at 2500 rpm, and you'd know not to bother revving any further.

1 Like

Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by Lexusgs430: 8:43am On Jan 04, 2016
Or pay for GAZZUZZ services, sit at home rest and await technical report!!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Or pay for GAZZUZZ services, sit at home rest and awaiting technical report!!!

my campaign manager grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by Lexusgs430: 10:28am On Jan 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

my campaign manager grin

Just remember to pay me my tithe!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by Denn(m): 11:41am On Jan 04, 2016
Good point.

Let me chip in one:

If you are buying a car and you are told that the AC just needs gas, immediately plan to discount a minimum of #50,000 extra from the final resale price.

The reason being that ac systems don't eat gas like fuel. If it needs gas, there is a possible leak.

There is also a very great chance that the seller has tried fixing but to no avail. Ac recharge can is around #500 so if it really needs gas, he should have filled up.

4 Likes

Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 04, 2016
Denn:
Good point.

Let me chip in one:

If you are buying a car and you are told that the AC just needs gas, immediately plan to discount a minimum of #50,000 extra from the final resale price.

The reason being that ac systems don't eat gas like fuel. If it needs gas, there is a possible leak.

There is also a very great chance that the seller has tried fixing but to no avail. Ac recharge can is around #500 so if it really needs gas, he should have filled up.
grin
You deserve a bottle of wine sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
Great post, great contributions.
Another thing is to check the wiring system as much as possible for any obvious 'kazeemizations' and check underneath the car for any rust.

1 Like

Re: How To Test Naija Used Cars...TRANSMISSION by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 04, 2016
I wouldnt advice buying a Nigerian used car except you know about its history, this is especially important if the vehicle is an automatic.

Nigerians have a very poor maintenance record when it come to their vehicles only taking them to mechanics when they break down on the road.

Most vehicle owners dont even change their transmission fluids of their vehicles for years and only want to get rid of them when the damage has been done, they some wont even allow you test drive their vehicles, they just start the car and ask you to listen to the sound as if you came for an opera.

Most of the Nigerian vehicles put up for sale on the forum have an inherent problem relating to their automatic transmission of engine, it is only after 30 days of purchase that the new owner discovers that he/she has been scammed.

Shine your eyes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know Your Tyre Has An Expiry Date? / Car Bouncing / 2017 Maybach S650 Cabriolet Is The Future Of Luxury, Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.