Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Bigotry In Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bigotry In Christianity (756 Views)

Religious Bigotry And Hypocrisy- Nairaland Islamic Style!!! / Women In Christianity And The Bible / The Questions Nobody Wants To Answer In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bigotry In Christianity by tboyjnr(m): 2:22am On Jun 15, 2009
There a lot of people on nairaland that get offended by opinions, or lifestyles that are not "Christian-like"

I mean those threads about homosexuality, masturbation etc, where we find people posting scriptures of the bible and using them as hate tools. I thought about posting examples, but they are all over the romance section.

Why do some Christians feel that Christianity is the ultimate salvation, even some Christians dismiss other people of different religion orientations, my mum is a culprit here.

I try to be rational in everything I do, I try to understand people, no matter what opinions they might have, I've had gay friends, I've worked with gay people, most of my friends are not Christians, and I have never felt to push my own opinions on anyone. Why you ask??

Because Jesus was rational, he was not a Bigot, I learnt not to judge people, and that is exactly what you "Christians" are doing, I try my best not to.

So why is it that some of you Christians on here even go as far as to condemn people to hell, I would really like to see your views on this matter.

Thanks  smiley
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by wisedge: 4:32am On Jun 15, 2009
Siddon look.    lipsrsealed
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by tboyjnr(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2009
huh
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by PastorAIO: 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2009
tboyjnr:

huh

Na the name of hin Dog be that!
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by tboyjnr(m): 12:12pm On Jun 19, 2009
bump,
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Horus(m): 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
If you do not believe as a Christian does, you are called crazy. I have debated with Christians many times in an open forum and all of their reasoning is the same, you are a cult if you believe outside of the bible. Thus, I use the bible as proof when I am debating with Christians. I show them what is written right in their bible in the languages they were originally revealed and they still can’t handle the facts. I have said it before and will say it again. The bible is nothing more than an ancient soap opera. It is filled with hate, death, murder, prostitution, suicide and lust. Look at the many contradictions, errors and nonsense stories that are written in the bible. If you are a Christian, you will realize that you are the crazy person for believing in it, living by it and dying for it.
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by noetic2: 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2009
Horus:

If you do not believe as a Christian does, you are called crazy. I have debated with Christians many times in an open forum and all of their reasoning is the same, you are a cult if you believe outside of the bible. Thus, I use the bible as proof when I am debating with Christians. I show them what is written right in their bible in the languages they were originally revealed and they still can’t handle the facts. I have said it before and will say it again. The bible is nothing more than an ancient soap opera. It is filled with hate, death, murder, prostitution, suicide and lust. Look at the many contradictions, errors and nonsense stories that are written in the bible. If you are a Christian, you will realize that you are the crazy person for believing in it, living by it and dying for it.

I think its crazier not to believe in the bible. Cos in reality no one has to be able to explicitly state why the bible is false, produce an alternative or successfully prove the non-existence of the subjects of the bible.

I think its crazier not to be a christian.
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:21am On Jun 21, 2009
noetic2:

I think its crazier not to believe in the bible. Cos in reality no one has to be able to explicitly state why the bible is false, produce an alternative or successfully prove the non-existence of the subjects of the bible.

I think its crazier not to be a christian.
This is the unfortunate twisted logic that saddens me each time. What does false have to do with the fact that the bible lacks morality?
If you are a Christian, you will realize that you are the crazy person for believing in it, living by it and dying for it.
Sadly I don't think they will realise.
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

This is the unfortunate twisted logic that saddens me each time. What does false have to do with the fact that the bible lacks morality?

noetic's point was fairly simple . . . considering you have a signature on wisdom i thot you'd get it.

What is the difference between believing in Noah's flood and believing that we appeared on earth by evolution? Surprisingly those who believe in the latter clap themselves on the back as being "intelligent".
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:29am On Jun 21, 2009
davidylan:

noetic's point was fairly simple . . . considering you have a signature on wisdom i thot you'd get it.

What is the difference between believing in Noah's flood and believing that we appeared on earth by evolution? Surprisingly those who believe in the latter clap themselves on the back as being "intelligent".
The latter is backed by verifiable evidence, the former cannot even stand the scrutiny of elementary school science. Surprisingly those who believe in the former think it is absurd for the moon to come down and bow.
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by noetic2: 12:31am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

The latter is backed by verifiable evidence, the former cannot even stand the scrutiny of elementary school science. Surprisingly those who believe in the former think it is absurd for the moon to come down and bow.

This is unassuming.

how many times have these so called "evidences" been ridiculed and refuted on this forum?
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 21, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

err which "verifiable evidence" are you talking about?
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:39am On Jun 21, 2009
noetic2:

This is unassuming.

how many times have these so called "evidences" been ridiculed and refuted on this forum?
davidylan:

err which "verifiable evidence" are you talking about?
Lets not spoil this thread, will answer on the deleted thread.
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Tudor6(f): 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2009
@POSTER
what you doing with gay people? The narrow minded bible commanded "be ye not equally yoked with unbelievers". . .hell beckons if you do. wink
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by tboyjnr(m): 11:53am On Jun 22, 2009
The bible also wrote love thy neighbour as thy self. I'm not going to outcast someone just because they dont believe in the same thing I do.
And me being friends with "unbelievers" does not necessarily mean I'm equally yoked.  tongue 

The bible isnt narrow minded, Christianity is meant to be based on the teachings of Jesus CHRIST, this narrow mindness, is just how certain people have perceived the readings. The old testament, yes was harsh, we could have learnt somethings from it, Jesus was born, changed the rules "so to speak".
The thing is people nit pick things from the bible to suit their circumstances,
Re: Bigotry In Christianity by Tudor6(f): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2009
Jesus christ can't change any rules ''so to speak'' - god said ''i am the lord i CHANGETH NOT"

(1) (Reply)

The Concept Of Quantum Physics Expatiated! / Am I Safe? My Landlady Pour: / Are You People Preparing For Shillo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.