Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Whacth Your Weed - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Whacth Your Weed (783 Views)

Lady Who Sells 'Weed' In Sapele Celebrates Her Birthday With Friends. Photos / When Your Uncle Smokes #OGBESE WEED To Fight Greatest Babalawo In Your Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whacth Your Weed by waleoyedeji60(m): 10:22am On Jan 04, 2016
Copyright
©2015 by Wale Oyedeji
waleayo60@gmail.com
No part of this write-up may be reproduced by any means
without the prior permission by the author. Anyone who
wishes to repost this article to any other online forum,
Facebook group, blog or any other website should
endeavour to acknowledge the author's identity and kindly
notify the author by sending him a mail. Love you all.
BY OYEDEJI LUQMAN ADEWALE
Aka walyntinho

When you smoke Ijebu weed, chances are you can walk barefootedly from Lagos to Asaba though depending on the quantity you 'drink', you can definitely walk more when the cantankerous element succeeded invading your innocent brain. But never dare defy the warnings of the superior smokers who say: never move close to 'Igbo' Osogbo if you are not ready to misbehave publicly. Honestly, the words of elders are forever golden. They are golden because a governor has already smoked from it and you can bear me witness what the state he governs looks like today in South West. Olamide has just taken merely a sip of it and see what he did at Headies recently. "He must be stupid, he must be mad, he must be this, he must be that." Such and many more are the tantrums thrown at the ever relentless hip-hop star after the saga at the just concluded Headies.

But wait, before casting aspersions on the young man who has never had any scandal in his career and before you start apportioning blame to a man clean of sexual and baby mama scandal like others of his cartel, don't you think you need to engage in a deep thinking process? Since the start of Olamide's career, he stands out among his contemporaries by avoiding any damn thing capable of dragging his name to the mud either deliberately or otherwise. Correct me if I'm wrong, Olamide has positively affected the Nigerian Music Industry than any one in the country lately.

His philosophy about life is that which is emulateable! As he is growing, he also strives to help people grow, he obviously believes in social emancipation. Show me anyeone who has done this in the Industry recently, even before, and I will join you to blame Baba Biliano. Not less than 100 guys and still counting featured him in 2015 just to ensure they are also heard because where ever Badoo features, people want to hear his input. And I promise you, this dude has never fallen my hand in all.

All this workaholic lifestyles regardless, Olamide still manages to groom proteges whom he surely is helping through cash and kind. As if he is the Messi of Nigerian Music Industry, he still produces his fifth album in his fifth year in the industry comprising of 21 tracks without a single collabo despite his tight schedule in the year 2015. Honestly, this is outstandingly stunning and incredibly amazing. Bravo to you bro.

On the other hand, Don Jazzy, who is a good replica of capitalism in the Industry, goofed as far as I am concerned in the Headies award night just concluded. Those whose permkernels are broken for them by benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble. If he is not devious and unnecessarily sarcastic, I think he has spent more years in the Industry to warrant calling Olamide "egbon", forming humble when the intent is bad! Confirming his diabolical nature is his lukewarm attitude to whoever he comes in contact with. He is not a singer yet keeps living fat on the hardwork of the monetarily deficient workaholics. His prey-hunting urge has no equal. From Dbanj to Wande Coal, and from Wande Coal to whoever is next, he keeps using them for the actualisation of his selfish goals.

It seems to me that Olamide is a good student of pragmatics. His statement uttered that day is capable of various interpretations some of which are one: that Headies is no longer objective in their award-giving ceremony as their judgement about who goes home with what is decidedly compromised and two: that Don Jazzy crew is unjustly favoured at the expense of the deserving hard workers. Yes, it is necessary for Don Jazzy the CEO of Mavins to react when particularly he is too shortsighted to read only the second meaning above to Olamide's utterance, and the best form of response he should have given is silence! But he would not keep quiet because of his ego or because his conscience beats faster the moment he heard the young man pour his mind thus unavoidably affirming Olamide's suspicion.

Anyway, there is this popular adage that "old women are always uneasy when dry bone is mentioned in a proverb." The last straw that broke the camel's back is Don Jazzy's flagrant exhibition of arrogance and pride when he says "Egbon Olamide, if it is the car key you want, come and take it." Honestly, that's unbecoming of a man who has spent years in the Industry. Why wouldn't Olamide then rant on social media afterwards, does he have any moral reason to remain mute after this public lash? K'ama ri ni Poolu wi.

Hardwork is the only bride price to pay in other to achieve success and if diligently paid, successful height is sure not uncertain! YBNL Nation paid this excessively last year and they deserve the crown. But because Mtn is a big sponsor of the Headies and Mavins crew is their ambassador, the politics is that they would rather put the crown on Mavins than YBNL who is an ambassador to Etisalat. If my conclusion is wrong, why would Oritse Femi's Igbeyawo and Double Wahala not be recognized, why would Patoranking's My Woman not feature on the list, why is Kiss Daniel's Woju or Laye, Harrison's Reggae Blues not given attention in the award distribution.

Ask yourself, why are hip-hop stars supporting Olamide despite his rant, why is Banga Lee keeping quiet even after the boiling of Eyan Mayweather. Before you open that your buccal cavity to criticize Olamide again, go shut down Malay, shut down Yankee, shut down London, shut down everywhere, Before you go de hola on top Badoo. E maa lo waa ooo...

www.waleoyedeji.

Comr. Oyedeji Luqman Adewale 
aka walyntinho

waleoyedeji

(1) (Reply)

Whoa See Pics Of This Stunning Cake I Just Saw / I Need A Professional Photographer For My Wedding! / Photos: Ken Nnamani Attends Emeka Offor’s Dad Burial With Masquerades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.