Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't (2565 Views)

My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 2:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
An open debate with fact and what's happening around in the society.

how about living together as boyfriend and girlfriend and then grow old and die? will a life not be completed or fulfilled? is it a must to tied the knot? you see when the registrar is been signed and the whole thing becomes legal biding in both religious or traditional acceptances of marriage in mate I think that is when a lot of things goes wrong.

don't give me the bullshiit that its for better for worst. many innocent victim are been blind folded into signing this shitt. and they will tell him or her to remain in it forever. I am an advocate for this shit to be destroyed. I know in 22nd century this thing called marriage institution will be destroyed

many single hide their true self and wait patiently for the scam called marriage to be signed first before true color is out. definitely not me except ofcource I have my own interests 200% otherwise no thanks and no deal

cc: lalasticlala, seun.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
because ur culture says so n i think its beautiful besides being legit
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by lordizak(m): 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
tie the knot, not nut. U need to edit.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel still dey Nl?
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by agitator: 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
Try wink wink wink
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 2:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Oyind17:
Joel still dey Nl?
how do you mean? and I don't remembered of knowing you? or maybe u change ID.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel3:
how do you mean? and I don't remembered of knowing you? or maybe u change ID.
yes I changed my id , happy new year
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by StefanSalvatore: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
If there's notin lyk marriage den would u av bn in existence

2 Likes

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by missKiffy(f): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Whats our own, if you dont want to settle down wetin concern us

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by tpiar: 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2016
Why why why are nlers always in other people's business instead of their own!

what concerns you if other people are getting married! Are you not able to marry?

5 Likes

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2016
Oyind17:
yes I changed my id , happy new year
OK, happy new year to you too.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by KanwuliaJara: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2016
You OP should get married ESPECIALLY. . . . because of YOUR SAD REPUTATION as a FAILED playboy ON AND OFF NL!!!!

It becomes highly EMBARRASSING when you end up in the ER or MORTUARY, and you always have to skip the "next of kin" section AT YOUR BUHARI AGE. embarassed

You can live as companions without marriage, BUT YOU MUST HAVE A LIVING WILL AND TESTAMENT!!!
Who will handle your affairs when you STROKE OUT with NL WAHALA? grin

No one to smell your CORPSE if you DIE and ROT alone in your cockroach-infested mansion, FILLED WITH THE STENCH of old ashawo pants under your bed WITH NO ONE TO CLAIM YOUR CORPSE? shocked
Even BART SIMPSON get wife! cheesy
You wanno live and die like Linda Ikeji? wink

2 Likes

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by SAMBARRY: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
KanwuliaJara:
You OP should get married ESPECIALLY. . . . because of YOUR SAD REPUTATION as a FAILED playboy ON AND OFF NL!!!!

It becomes highly EMBARRASSING when you end up in the ER or MORTUARY, and you always have to skip the "next of kin" section AT YOUR BUHARI AGE. embarassed

You can live as companions without marriage, BUT YOU MUST HAVE A LIVING WILL AND TESTAMENT!!!
Who will handle your affairs when you STROKE OUT with NL WAHALA? grin

No one to smell your CORPSE if you DIE and ROT alone in your cockroach-infested mansion, FILLED WITH THE STENCH of old ashawo pants under your bed WITH NO ONE TO CLAIM YOOR CORPSE!!!!
You wanno be live and die like Linda Ikeji? wink
haba na.be nice grin

This is new year na .no rudeness please cheesy

And please cover your brez before you're accused of seducing anybody cheesy
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

No one to smell your CORPSE if you DIE and ROT alone in your cockroach-infested mansion, FILLED WITH THE STENCH of old ashawo pants under your bed WITH NO ONE TO CLAIM YOOR CORPSE!!!!
You wanno be live and die like Linda Ikeji? wink
you are wrong what if one still choice to have a child, does it means one must signed the marriage registrar before having a child?

I have seen 60 years old getting married to his partner after they already lived together and have grown up kids.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by KanwuliaJara: 3:30pm On Jan 04, 2016
SAMBARRY:
haba na.be nice grin

This is new year na .no rudeness please cheesy

Where is the rudeness? grin
I was only being ASSATIVE! wink

Seduce monkey? shocked Tufiakwa!!!!
Abeg, my brezzes need breezes!!!! wink
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
it seems to me I have won. I WON, I WON, I WON.

HAHA I WON. FEEL SO GOOD.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by SAMBARRY: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

Where is the rudeness? grin
I was only being ASSATIVE! wink

Seduce monkey? shocked Tufiakwa!!!!
Abeg, my brezzes need breezes!!!! wink
your post is very harsh and unkind cheesy

Especially the last paragraph cheesy

Lol @seducing monkeys grin

1 Like

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
tpiar:

what concerns you if other people are getting married! Are you not able to marry?
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by KanwuliaJara: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel3:
it seems to me I have won. I WON, I WON, I WON.

HAHA I WON. FEEL SO GOOD.

How can you win with only half a page of dry rants? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by KanwuliaJara: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2016
SAMBARRY:
your post is very harsh and unkind cheesy

Especially the last paragraph cheesy

Lol @seducing monkeys grin

That is your opinion.
Did the OP state that? wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by KanwuliaJara: 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel3:

you are wrong what if one still choice to have a child, does it means one must signed the marriage registrar before having a child?

I have seen 60 years old getting married to his partner after they already lived together and have grown up kids

Please, what is your current status?
To start this kind of thread, you need to practice what you are PREACHING.
Don't give us examples of what others are doing.

I ask again? Na which one you get now? wink
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
KanwuliaJara:

Please, what is your current status?
To start this kind of thread, you need to practice what you are PREACHING.
Don't give us examples of what others are doing.

I ask again? Na which one you get now? wink
no I am not married and i don't choose to.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by SAMBARRY: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin
KanwuliaJara:

That is your opinion.
Did the OP state that? wink
oya cover your breasts. It's ungodly to be exposing your breasts because your body is the temple of God cheesy

1 Like

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel3:
An open debate with fact and what's happening around in the society.

how about living together as boyfriend and girlfriend and then grow old and die? will a life not be completed or fulfilled? is it a must to tied the knot? you see when the registrar is been signed and the whole thing becomes legal biding in both religious or traditional acceptances of marriage in mate I think that is when a lot of things goes wrong.

There is nothing wrong in living together as boyfriend and girlfriend and I agree that for many couples things go wrong after marriage because people become too comfortable once the knot has been tied and have no motivation to please their significant other anymore like they used to since they take him or her for granted. And yes, you can have a very fulfilling life with or without marriage.

don't give me the bullshiit that its for better for worst. many innocent victim are been blind folded into signing this shitt. and they will tell him or her to remain in it forever. I am an advocate for this shit to be destroyed. I know in 22nd century this thing called marriage institution will be destroyed

I have never thought of for better and for worse like this. For worse means to me that I will be there in sickness and in health, when you struggle financially or not, when you lose your job, when your parents need to be taken care of and when they pass away and in all other sorts of situations that life confronts us with.

I have never thought of for worse in terms of abuse or infidelity. Spouses are asked and required to honor and respect each other. If one of them decides to break these vows, why should for worse still apply?

many single hide their true self and wait patiently for the scam called marriage to be signed first before true color is out. definitely not me except ofcource I have my own interests 200% otherwise no deal

cc: lalasticlala, seun.

It has never happened to me, I am too smart to be deceived. wink

Apart from the reasons you have mentioned above for why people decide to marry, I will share more reasons with you, which are rather pragmatic in nature:

- tax benefits
- rights in case your husband / wife has an accident and is in coma and can't decide for him-/herself
- custody of the children
- family name
- inheritance laws

It all depends where you reside of course.

1 Like

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by KanwuliaJara: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel3:
no I am not married and i don't choose to.

Ok!
Choice respected.
Now, respect the choices of others who choose to get and STAY MARRIED!!!! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
tpiar:

because I am sick and tired of reported cases on social media lately of people living in agony and hell for signing that scam registrar. only looking for ways to address this reoccurring situation every day
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by KanwuliaJara: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
SAMBARRY:
grin oya cover your breasts. It's ungodly to be exposing your breasts because your body is the temple of God cheesy

Brezzz festival in Swaziland? You nefa see? cheesy
At least I cover 50%!!!!! grin
As for "the temple of God", you know where I SIT on such matters! wink
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by chii8(f): 3:56pm On Jan 04, 2016
Huh?
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by tpiar: 3:58pm On Jan 04, 2016
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by SAMBARRY: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

Brezzz festival in Swaziland? You nefa see? cheesy
At least I cover 50%!!!!! grin
As for "the temple of God", you know where I SIT on such matters! wink
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Joel3(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
sad @Mindfulness thanks for your input. you really made a balanced response there. like as I have said most relationship lost it past flavour just after the knot is tied. which you analyzed there.

as for the better for worst part, it mostly on intolerance of partners. where divorce is seen as sin or sacrilege. one will wonder for a smart and educated person and even after attending numerous counseling still want a divorce then something is really wrong with it. or do you mean they didn't do their home work properly?

if that is it. then we often see marriage counselors and pastors who also find themselves in the court for a divorce ruling.
Re: Convince Me Why One Should Get Married, & I'll Convince You Why One Shouldn't by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joel3:
sad @Mindfulness thanks for your input. you really made a balanced response there. like as I have said most relationship lost it past flavour just after the knot is tied. which you analyzed there.

I don't know about most but surely many, not mine though! smiley

as for the better for worst part, it mostly on intolerance of partners. where divorce is seen as sin or sacrilege. one will wonder for a smart and educated person and even after attending numerous counseling still want a divorce then something is really wrong with it. or do you mean they didn't do their home work properly?

I don't see divorce as a sin. I see it as a reasonable or unreasonable decision depending on the circumstances.

I think that most counseling is crap. This is what I think. The success rate of marriage counsellors is very low.

I don't know what you mean by homework but I think that many marriages fail because people have all sorts of wrong expectations.

if that is it. then we often see marriage counselors and pastors who also find themselves in the court for a divorce ruling.

Like I said, too many marriage counsellors are not qualified to give proper advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / Nigerian Man Show Of His Wife Who He Met When She Was A Minor (video) / Why Nigerian Men End up Marrying old And Worn Out Caucasians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.