Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened (729 Views)

K-Brule Shades BBN Organizers After Khloe Was Spotted Going Back To South Africa / Debie-Rise: "My Pastor Dad Called Bbnaija Organizers To Pull Me Out Of The Show" / BBNaija: Hot Pictures Of Uriel, The Drama And Mirror Queen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by Feranmicharles(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2016
As we all know what happened on the 1st of jan,2016 in the music industry. Here's headies statement about the drama

[b]We are proud of what we have achieved
over the years. The Headies stage has
birthed the careers of many artistes who
are of A-list status today. We are also
glad that we have reinstated pride and
prestige into the winning of a locally
organised music awards and, we have
celebrated artistic ingenuity for 10
straight years; a feat no other group
before us was able to achieve.

Every year, the screening team collate all
creative materials released in the year in
review and screen for nomination. This
tedious process goes on for at least three
months before the screening team
comes out with a final list. The voting
categories, such as ‘Song Of The Year’,
‘Artist Of The Year’, & ‘Next-Rated’ are
left strictly for fans to vote and choose
the winners. We wish to say categorically
that we do not tamper with the outcome
of the voting process.

The limit of our
involvement in this voting process is to
advice the nominees to engage their fans
and solicit for their votes. We do not
accept any responsibility for failure on
the part of the nominees or their record
label, when they fail to do this.
Unfortunately, most times, Voting, Year
In Review and Definitions Of Each
Category, are generally taken for granted
by many artists.

We can also attest to,
and hereby state categorically that, there
is no evidence that any of the artistes
aggrieved and vocal about their
displeasure to the turnout of the award,
voted in the ‘Next-Rated’ category, as our
voting process captures email addresses
and phone numbers.

We have ensured that the awards
happened regardless of sponsorship, and
that it gets better with each passing year,
without giving excuses about challenges.
We may not have gotten everything
100% right, but integrity has been our
watch-word. The 109 Nigerian artistes
that have won can attest to the fact that
they did nothing different from those
that have not. Awards by nature, are and
will always remain, controversial except
every nominee gets one.

We try to ensure that winners are within
reach before announcing their category,
as the whole essence of celebrating
talents will be defeated without that.
While it is not out of place for an artiste
or a party to vent their disapproval, we
strongly condemn all kinds of improper
conduct and the use of profanity on live
television.

In the same manner, we
condemn provocative comments. In all,
we see no use or reason for a
disgruntled artiste or party to destroy
valuable properties put in place to give
them extra comfort before they perform
or come on stage.

This is totally
unacceptable and will be addressed.
We congratulate all nominees and
winners of The Headies 2015 and wish
them a more successful 2016.

Headies Secretariat[/b]

Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by Laryne(m): 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
Ok. FTC
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
Good.

Why do u give microphone to olamide when him and his crew walk up to the stage. Was it in the list of program event.
Why didn't you take proactive measures to educated those artists on those categories that wining it depends on the response of their fans.

HEADIES, I got to know about you guys after the Dispute.
Well u guys need to punish both Don Jazzy and Olamide to set example for others. If not, na fire go catch the event center next yr
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by Melahou(m): 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2016
#hiss
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by SweetDinma(f): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2016
kenonze:
Good.

Why do u give microphone to olamide when him and his crew walk up to the stage. Was it in the list of program event.
Why didn't you take proactive measures to educated those artists on those categories that wining it depends on the response of their fans.

HEADIES, I got to know about you guys after the Dispute.
Well u guys need to punish both Don Jazzy and Olamide to set example for others. If not, na fire go catch the event center next yr

Punish Don Jazzy for what exactly?
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by utenwuson: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2016
ds s absolutely right! Olamide thinks n act like a dummy! ds is a voting process! I voted for reek wt my both Emails n I believe he s my next rated joor
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by Faremisodeeq(m): 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
I quite agreed with the organisers. But to be sincere, is didn't know they do vote for the award. They should have educated us about the voting.
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by ajokebelle(f): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2016
hmmmmmmnnnn
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by Feranmicharles(m): 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2016
Faremisodeeq:
I quite agreed with the organisers. But to be sincere, is didn't know they do vote for the award. They should have educated us about the voting.
they did. Its been a voting category for a decade now. Don't just understand baddo. sad

Cc: lalasticlala how far naa wink
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by rapmike(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
Those Olamide fans won't see this. This was what I was saying all along, its online voting nothing else until proved otherwise.
Re: HEADIES Organizers Release Statement To Address The Drama That Happened by ajasa4link: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2016
"Every year, the screening team collate all
creative materials released in the year in
review and screen for nomination. This
tedious process goes on for at least three
months before the screening team
comes out with a final list."

This is a lie from the pit of hell.....Quote me anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Shonda Rhimes Doesn't Want To Talk About Her Race - TIME / North Korean U16 Goalkeeper Jang Paek Ho Makes Incredible Blunder / Free Makeup,essential Oils ,skin Care And Cream Pro-mixing Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.