Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 (1875 Views)

Choice To Make Between Buying An LR3 And An Ml350 Benz 4matic / Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire / 2006 Landover Lr3 Or 2007 Ford Edge, Please Advise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by BluStreak(m): 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
I need a quick info on 2005 LR3. I have always loved the Rover SUVs. I have always dreamt of owning one and almost bought a right-hand drive Freelander until I was advised against conversion.

Now I got a super deal on a neatly used black 2005 LR3 with navigation. I drove it o and movement is still excellent. The seller has 2 other superb SUVs and said he is selling to for a quick cash.

Please what do I need to know about this ride in terms of maintenance and associated problems peculiar to the LR3.

I know being a Landrover series, maintenance will be a bit steep but its not gonna be a daily ride.
Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by LeJeun3: 12:48am On Jan 08, 2016

Well you didn't give complete details, like how many years has it been used in Nigeria!

LR3 is has its peculiar issues, but be sure of these 1: transmission, 2: suspension 3: Engine (is it a V6 or V8?)

If you are in Lagos, I could run a quick scan and give you a breakdown...... Number is in my signature!!
Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by BluStreak(m): 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
LeJeun3:

Well you didn't give complete details, like how many years has it been used in Nigeria!

LR3 is has its peculiar issues, but be sure of these 1: transmission, 2: suspension 3: Engine (is it a V6 or V8?)

If you are in Lagos, I could run a quick scan and give you a breakdown...... Number is in my signature!!

He bough it in 2012 and it wasnt an everyday drive according to him and the ride is in an almost new condition. Its a 4.0 V 6 Engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission, I drove it and the movement is awesome. I want to also mention that I am very glad its a V6 engine instead of a V8 like the Toyota GX470 which is another SUV I am crazy about.

So guys abeg una o, I wan know more about this ride. Make una helepie meeee o. grin
Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by LeJeun3: 10:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
BluStreak:

He bough it in 2012 and it wasnt an everyday drive according to him and the ride is in an almost new condition. Its a 4.0 V 6 Engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission, I drove it and the movement is awesome. I want to also mention that I am very glad its a V6 engine instead of a V8 like the Toyota GX470 which is another SUV I am crazy about.

So guys abeg una o, I wan know more about this ride. Make una helepie meeee o. grin

Call for a scan.....08099725628
Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 13, 2016
look for scoperrescue on nairaland. he runs d rangerover thread on d car talk page search him out and post ur question on his page. He would be able to give u break down information on what to do and what not to do. Ciao!
Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by BluStreak(m): 5:19am On Jan 13, 2016
dumo1:
look for scoperrescue on nairaland. he runs d rangerover thread on d car talk page search him out and post ur question on his page. He would be able to give u break down information on what to do and what not to do. Ciao!

Thank you bro.
Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by elshanAutos: 10:41am On Jan 13, 2016
Buy a tokunbo, Service/maintenance history available.
https://www.nairaland.com/2852356/landrover-discovery-lr3-se-v6
Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by ivoryhouse(m): 9:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
BluStreak:

Well the v8 is it! The v6 may struggle a bit to move the heavy car. The Lr3 is fantastic and the parts are not that expensive. Sooper Rescue is the man to see for your repairs. He may even come check the car for you if you ask nicely.. grin cool

1 Like

Re: What Do I Need To Know? 2005 LR3 by Denn(m): 8:26am On Jan 14, 2016
I was banned by a spam bot, which evidently is drowning in its own hebetude for commenting on this thread.

I made a simple post offering an opinion on the OP's question.

I was banned for 24 hours which just expired.

If I get banned again for such a silly justification, I would not mind deactivating my account and maybe viewing as a guest forthwith

(1) (Reply)

Get Pin Code Of Hyundai And Nissan Vehicles / 5 Causes Of Steering Wheel Hard To Turn / Honda Accord 2009 Engine Seat/vibration Problems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.