Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College (16429 Views)

Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? / Taiwo Bankole & Oyindamola Omotuyi Graduate With 5.0 CGPA In UNILAG (Pics) / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College by Dapromzy333(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
Calculating CGPA:Now this is one topic i have been meaning to write and make a video about for sometime now but due to some other activities i had it pending but today is going to be different because i have decided to talk about how you can calculate your CGPA in few minutes. The video would be rolling soonest.

What is the meaning of CGPA?
-Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)

Tell me more about CGPA:
One of the things you need not to overlook while you are in the higher institution is your CGPA especially as a fresher in school.Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is an assessment tool used to evaluate your academic performance. That means; this is what determines whether you are graduating with a First class (1st), Second class Upper or lower (2nd),3rd class or Pass.
One of the most brilliant things you should do at your initial instance in school is to know what CGPA means and how to calculate it and this is one of the reasons i advise a lot of students to make their Faculty Brochure their companion so they can get acquainted with it.

How to calculate Your CGPA
I was also going talk about the importance of knowing how to calculate your CGPA but i believe the upper paragraph has given us insight as to the importance of knowing how to calculate your CGPA. I will be using theUniversity of Portharcourt as a case studywhile you try to impleme nt the understanding you get from here on your school to get your actual CGPA.
Using UNIPORT as Case Study (Please Apply as it concerns your own school):
Below is the University of Portharcourt Grading Pattern: Please get that of your school close by.
Mark/Score | Letter Notation | Grade Point
70% & Above | A | 5.00
60-69% | B | 4.00
50-59% | C | 3.00
45-49% | D | 2.00
40-44% | E | 1.00
0-39% | F | 0.00
Degree Classification (Uniport Case Study) Please Apply as it concerns your school
Class Of Degree | CGPA
1st Class | 4.50 – 5.00
2nd Class Upper | 3.50 – 4.49
2nd Class Lower | 2.40-3.49
3rd Class |1.50-2.39
Pass |1.00-1.49
Fail | 0.00-0.99
Every course carries a fixed number of credit unit (CU) and note that Quality Points (QP) are derived by multiplying the credits Unit for the courses by the grade Points (GP) earned by the student. For example, in a course with 3 credit Unit in which a student had 72% (A) with 5.00 grade point, the quality Point is gotten by multiplying the credit unit for the course by the grade point ( 3*5=15).
Please endeavor to know the the credit unit for your course of study.

15 is the Quality point the student earned for that course.
Grade Point Average (GPA) is derived by dividing the Quality points for the semester by the credit units for that semester.In a semester where the student earned 56 quality points for 18 credit units, the GPA is 56/18 =3.11
Once you have gotten that; you can look at the class of degree table of your school to know where you fall under for that semester.

Your Total CGPA is gotten by adding the Total Quality points (TQP) to date and dividing by the Total Credit unit (TCU) to date. If the TQP is 228 AND THE tcu IS 68, THE CGPA is 288/68=3.35 and by Uniport Class of degree thats a Second class lower.
Please use the comment section if you have any question to ask and expect a reply. I should post the video soonest.

Cc:lalasticla

http://solutionclass.com/forum2_theme_111995805.xhtml?tema=768
Re: How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College by raypex(m): 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nice Nice, Just in time.
Re: How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College by ugonna1054(m): 12:10am On Jun 19, 2016
Mhen forget cgpa
Re: How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College by Fxwarrior: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Op check your calculation 288/68 can never be 3.35

If somebody has 2.577 can it be rounded up to 2.58 or simply 2.57?
Re: How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College by LondonTruman: 5:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
I definitely didn’t know how to calculate CGPA this way, so this post was very informative for me. I came here to ask if anyone can write my assignment cheap and I came across this post. I am not at all disappointed by it.
Re: How To Calculate CGPA In Any University,polytechnic Or College by dollarsignbloga(f): 1:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
Dapromzy333:
Calculating CGPA:Now this is one topic i have been meaning to write and make a video about for sometime now but due to some other activities i had it pending but today is going to be different because i have decided to talk about how you can calculate your CGPA in few minutes. The video would be rolling soonest.

What is the meaning of CGPA?
-Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)

Tell me more about CGPA:
One of the things you need not to overlook while you are in the higher institution is your CGPA especially as a fresher in school.Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is an assessment tool used to evaluate your academic performance. That means; this is what determines whether you are graduating with a First class (1st), Second class Upper or lower (2nd),3rd class or Pass.
One of the most brilliant things you should do at your initial instance in school is to know what CGPA means and how to calculate it and this is one of the reasons i advise a lot of students to make their Faculty Brochure their companion so they can get acquainted with it.

How to calculate Your CGPA
I was also going talk about the importance of knowing how to calculate your CGPA but i believe the upper paragraph has given us insight as to the importance of knowing how to calculate your CGPA. I will be using theUniversity of Portharcourt as a case studywhile you try to impleme nt the understanding you get from here on your school to get your actual CGPA.
Using UNIPORT as Case Study (Please Apply as it concerns your own school):
Below is the University of Portharcourt Grading Pattern: Please get that of your school close by.
Mark/Score | Letter Notation | Grade Point
70% & Above | A | 5.00
60-69% | B | 4.00
50-59% | C | 3.00
45-49% | D | 2.00
40-44% | E | 1.00
0-39% | F | 0.00
Degree Classification (Uniport Case Study) Please Apply as it concerns your school
Class Of Degree | CGPA
1st Class | 4.50 – 5.00
2nd Class Upper | 3.50 – 4.49
2nd Class Lower | 2.40-3.49
3rd Class |1.50-2.39
Pass |1.00-1.49
Fail | 0.00-0.99
Every course carries a fixed number of credit unit (CU) and note that Quality Points (QP) are derived by multiplying the credits Unit for the courses by the grade Points (GP) earned by the student. For example, in a course with 3 credit Unit in which a student had 72% (A) with 5.00 grade point, the quality Point is gotten by multiplying the credit unit for the course by the grade point ( 3*5=15).
Please endeavor to know the the credit unit for your course of study.

15 is the Quality point the student earned for that course.
Grade Point Average (GPA) is derived by dividing the Quality points for the semester by the credit units for that semester.In a semester where the student earned 56 quality points for 18 credit units, the GPA is 56/18 =3.11
Once you have gotten that; you can look at the class of degree table of your school to know where you fall under for that semester.

Your Total CGPA is gotten by adding the Total Quality points (TQP) to date and dividing by the Total Credit unit (TCU) to date. If the TQP is 228 AND THE tcu IS 68, THE CGPA is 288/68=3.35 and by Uniport Class of degree thats a Second class lower.
Please use the comment section if you have any question to ask and expect a reply. I should post the video soonest.

Cc:lalasticla

http://solutionclass.com/forum2_theme_111995805.xhtml?tema=768
hmm

(1) (Reply)

UNIZIK Releases 2016/2017 Admission List / Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money / Jamb Official Blames Boko Haram For Missing N613,000 Belonging To The Board..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.