Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? (8076 Views)

How To Study Effectively For School Or College: Top 6 Science-based Study Skills / How many degree courses does your university, Polytechnics or college offers / Billboard Of Imo State University College Of Agric & Veterinary Studies (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by gbemi01(f): 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
Good afternoon guys ,i just wanna know which is more advisable in the two institutions stated above,by aspect of recognisation in nigeria,job opportunities,and others,please ur opinion is needed
Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by Caseless: 2:20pm On Nov 10, 2017
They're all good. What makes your certificate better is the skills you attach to it.

2 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by gbemi01(f): 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
Caseless:
They're all good. What makes your certificate better is the skills you attach to it.
ok,thanks
Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by DrKKK1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2017
Passion
The best of them depends on your abilities and passion. If you don't have the flair for teaching, don't waste your time going to college of education else you will need babalwo to get good non teaching job. If you have passion for a given skill, then careful choose the course that matches with it in polytechnic.

Job opportunities
Given the multiplicity of private schools (nursary, primary and secondary schools). A good NCE holder doesn't need to spend weeks before he/she gets a job. Also very crucial is the failing education system. A good teacher is needed to prepare students for certification/ qualifying examinations eg Waec, Neco, Jamb, post jamb. You must note that it comes with good pay. You also stand a chance of starting you own school with little resources.

Marriage
There's wide believe that an NCE holder makes a better wife. Whether true or false I don't know.

Industries
Industries prefer ND/HND holders not only to NCE but even BSc as they are believed to be more acquainted with practical and perform better on the job.
Wealth
Teachers are n

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by DrKKK1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2017
Passion
The best of them depends on your abilities and passion. If you don't have the flair for teaching, don't waste your time going to college of education else you will need babalwo to get good non teaching job. If you have passion for a given skill, then careful choose the course that matches with it in polytechnic.

Job opportunities
Given the multiplicity of private schools (nursary, primary and secondary schools). A good NCE holder doesn't need to spend weeks before he/she gets a job. Also very crucial is the failing education system. A good teacher is needed to prepare students for certification/ qualifying examinations eg Waec, Neco, Jamb, post jamb. You must note that it comes with good pay. You also stand a chance of starting you own school with little resources.

Marriage
There's wide believe that an NCE holder makes a better wife. Whether true or false I don't know.

Industries
Industries prefer ND/HND holders not only to NCE but even BSc as they are believed to be more acquainted with practical and perform better on the job.
Wealth
Average teachers are not affluent in wealth but a middle class
Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by Mexico09(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
College of education is good, Polytechnic is better and University is the best.

2 Likes

Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by ardeysholah: 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
It depend on the course you want to study, the both institution have different goals. If you like teaching, you can obtain NCE form and if you like engineering, environmental and Applied science courses,
in industries and company. Polytechnics is the better choice.

1 Like

Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by hannahshepherd: 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
If I acted again, I would certainly choose the Polytechnic Institute, as it gives more opportunities in the future, although it is quite difficult. I guess it`s a really great question.
Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by bibaboba: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2021
A large selection of specialties and directions in college is cool. I went to the polytechnic college to study financial accounting and did not regret it. The prospects are very great and the opportunity to live in prosperity is one of the advantages of studying at college
Re: Polytechnic Or College Of Education,which Is Better? by whatidiot: 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
bibaboba:
A large selection of specialties and directions in college is cool. I went to the polytechnic college to study financial accounting and did not regret it. The prospects are very great and the opportunity to live in prosperity is one of the advantages of studying at college
My friend, I fully support you. But your prospects directly depend on the level of your training and knowledge that you received and used. I performed all the tests and tasks perfectly, and I got the highest score in writing an essay. This will help you in writing them, you can check this link right here now

(1) (Reply)

Parental Role In Child Education / 51 Historical Facts That Sound Like Huge Lies But Are Actually True / What Does The 'O' In O'clock Mean? Find Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.