Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina (11705 Views)

"Eviction Day": Nkem Owoh Grabs New Wedded 'Wife' From The Back On Set (Pics) / Pictures Of Ini Edo & Mike Godson On Set Of A Movie / Hilda Dokubo Spotted On Set With Eucharia Anunobi & Funke Akindele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by DONFASZY(m): 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2009
Superstar Jim Iyke was in Katsina State on May 27th 2009 working on a project called "Day 27" . The Boy's Cot actor signed a 3-day contract to play the lead character in the movie directed by Charles Awurum and co-produced by Chidi Chidioke and Amaka Oleka.

The production quickly run into logistics problems which delayed the completion date of the shooting. Tied up in other commitments, Jim Iyke, who had been paid upfront N 600,000 for his 3-day work, was ready to leave the project after 3 days as contracted even though he hadn't completed his part of the contract. Panic set in and the production offered Iyke extra payment to stick with the project that would have fallen apart without his participation.

The Nollywood bad boy turned a deaf ear to their supplications and also refused to refund the money he already cashed in since he hadn't completed his part. He called a taxi and loaded his luggage in, ready to leave.
Amaka Olenka, who's married to a close advisor to the Kastina State governor, frantically called around, asking for help to prevent Iyke from leaving. The taxi was about to leave the premises when security officers stormed the location and stopped the taxi.

Jim Iyke was dragged out of the car and ordered to stay on the project. Tempers flared and a shouting match followed. The security officers roughed him up and the actor tried to defend himself. The officers ganged up against the actor and beat him black and blue. He was dragged back on the set and forced to complete his part at gunpoint.
His many attempts to contact his representatives and lawyers didn't produce the effect he expected and he remained on the location till he had completed his contractual part.

EXCLUSIVE for http://nigeriafilms.com

http://www.africanseer.com/movies/15176-Jim-Iyke-Beaten-Black-and-Blue-katsina-State.html
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by tboy1(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by MrCrackles(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2009
Very nice grin grin
I was thinking of actually taking a flight to Nigeria myself and beat the Satan out of him, but good job some overzealous thugs have done it
Jim Iyke, i hope you have learnt your lessons, and if you havnt, i am waiting to take you over the painful ordeal again, you bastard!
Vagabond cheesy
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by showbobo(m): 11:52am On Jun 17, 2009
Stale News lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by igbalajobi: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2009
unless Jim Iyke confirms this, i cant believe it for this simple reason: Are you saying Jim Iyke will still be able to perform excellently well as requested as requested by the script at gunpoint. I dont think so or is it not a movie shooting?
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by kaypinchi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
heheheheheh grin grin ;
u mean a nollywood star was beaten up by some gun-totting khaki boys?- dis country sef.
one day, they may beatup our c-in-c for not working hard enough on nepa.
MrCrackles:

Very nice grin grin
I was thinking of actually taking a flight to Nigeria myself and beat the Satan out of him, but good job some overzealous thugs have done it
Jim Iyke, i hope you have learnt your lessons, and if you havnt, i am waiting to take you over the painful ordeal again, you bastard!
Vagabond cheesy

oga, pls show mercy.

igbalajobi:

unless Jim Iyke confirms this, i cant believe it for this simple reason: Are you saying Jim Iyke will still be able to perform excellently well as requested as requested by the script at gunpoint. I dont think so or is it not a movie shooting?

hmmmmnn, with a gun to your head, you'll act better than Daniel Craig.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by wrex001(m): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2009
A whole Jim Iyke no be small thing o!

@
MrCrackles:

Very nice grin grin
Vagabond cheesy

Why such anger? what has the guy done to you? Tell us o!
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by Meldrick(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2009
showbobo:

Stale News lipsrsealed undecided
u are on ur own. stale or no stale

That is good for him. Himself and Ini Edo are used to that shit. They are always too rigid and are arrogant.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by samsanyus(m): 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2009
I hope the blockbuster movie will be interesting cos I can't imagine an actor acting under duress. Unfortunately the duress part is not in the script
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by eyonigger(m): 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
I love this story. I hope its true. Saw this guy at the new local airport with 2 gurls, my friend said "what up", and the way he replied was shyt. I walked up to him and said he is full of himself, that is he coz hez with ladies or just the nollywood hype, the dude could not say anything.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by SamMilla1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
very unprofessional by both parties
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by Tonyet1(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2009
hmmm, but beating someone aint rite sha, but jim sef too do
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by chiejik(f): 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2009
mrcrackles you de vex oooo
which one come be you own for inside.how can you take laws into you hand is not right to beat someone like that.
is not good
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by tkb417(m): 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
that guy is always beating people up but this time, hes been beaten grin

cool. wont forget the reloaded episode involving this molue bastard, the man nearly killed another lousy murfcker whos into showbiz/tv/radio.

If to say i sabi fight, i for don beat this Jimmy boi sef grin grin
but no way, insider gists have it that the guy can fight.
Im sure he grew up in mushin grin
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by tommy2k2(m): 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
u guys re all criticizing this guy, ooops, consider urself in that same shit and those millipedes had to beat u up, una go like amweda una like am or una no like am, na still una brother him be,wat if he was beaten blue and black in another man's country, this is what u guys will be saying, abi?? no wonder una no like una self for nigeria,

Jim iyke, soorry oo, but u sef too dey vex, take am small small
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by koolchicco: 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Very nice grin grin
Vagabond cheesy

hahahaha, bro abeg take am easyooooo,  grin grin grin,, only God knows wetin e do you!! grin grin grin grin grin

igbalajobi:

Yea i can now confirm the story to be true after reading directly from the link above.

kaypinchi:

hmmmmnn, with a gun to your head, you'll act better than Daniel Craig.
hahahaha, ur very very very funny!! grin grin
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by touchmeder: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
Very low
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by Elgaxton(m): 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2009
My simple question is why would anyone wanna work out on an already signed contract
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by 68816419: 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2009
i had always known jim ayke 2 be a bastard, gud 4 him may God drain down his wisdom, cry
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by essy1(f): 1:13pm On Jun 17, 2009
Elgaxton:

My simple question is why would anyone wanna work out on an already signed contract
i dont knw oo shocked  shocked

anyway dem no beat am well grin  grin
enuf moni dey worry am
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by audio: 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2009
essy1:

i dont knw oo shocked  shocked

anyway dem no beat am well grin  grin
enuf moni dey worry am

While we continue support barbarism, Nigeria will never progress. If he was contracted for 3 days work and the 3 days were up, he is free to leave. That should be a lesson to the producers to be better organized. Can you see this same situation happening on any hollywood set? I definitley think not.
Any personal dislike of Jim Iyke is not the issue here. I'm not crazy about the guy either, but i think it is very bad that something like this can still happen in this day and age, only in Naija.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2009
Where and how do they expect the dude to continue the role after he'd been beaten black and blue, i mean his face bruises and all, grin grin
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by ogazi007(m): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2009
Dont mind him,becos im dey form american gangstar for home movie na him he won show himself.
they for beat craze for em body,make him no say movie and street life no be dsame.
him tink say na him and omotola and ini edo dey act,?u guys should warn him o!naija paramilitary are respecta of nobody,
dem go fire nosense comot ur body, b4 dem recorgnize u
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by izeek(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2009
as much asi wud wanna say that serves him right,
he did nothing absolutely wrong.

his cntract stated 3days and he saw it through.
if the ppl wanted him to keep up his part, then they shud extend the contract shikena.

why all this unproffessional ways of doing bussiness self in naija?
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by rasputinn(m): 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ OP,

Why did you edit the report,you appear to want to sway public sympathy Jim's way,you needn't cut out some of Jim's actions to achieve that,not that he deserved to be beaten up as that is most uncivilised and barbaric

izeek:

as much asi wud wanna say that serves him right,
he did nothing absolutely wrong.

his cntract stated 3days and he saw it through.
if the ppl wanted him to keep up his part, then they shud extend the contract shikena.

why all this unproffessional ways of doing bussiness self in naija?

I think the producers took that barbaric step knowing that Jim would already be condemned in the court of public opinion as a result of his not-so-good reputation.

Jim Kpele
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by eddy1977(m): 2:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
doesnt Jim have a lawyer who could file a lawsuit against these uncivilised boneless chicken savages?  why put their chimpanzee filfthy hands on another  helpless nigerian fella?  the very fact that they ressorted in physical abuse and mauling of the defenseless poor  Jim Iyke is proof that they knew that their contract was honored by the guy.  nigerians should rally behind Jim Iyke and boycott  these fake ass producers who brutalised him beyond the contract.  he was even held hostage at gunpoint?  how traumatising?  did he receve medical and physchological attention afterwards?
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by kooke: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
I was under the impression that Jim Iyke has some body guards, where were they when he was given the beaten of his life? I think its high time he should consider hiring a third hand for emergencies like this.
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by favcom(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
Elgaxton:

Because of greed?
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by chiejik(f): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
i can see alot of people hate jim iyke which is unfair
Re: Jim Iyke Beaten Blue Black On Set In Katsina by kokoye(m): 2:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
brein:

Where and how do they expect the dude to continue the role after he'd been beaten black and blue, i mean his face bruises and all, grin grin

I'm sure his pretty face was untouched - they only dealt with him below in areas that'll be covered with costumes. grin grin

I pity him . . . but that's tghe way of life in Naija so he should've expected it. I'm sure he's brushed people before as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NBC Bans Airing Of Big Brother Africa (BBA) In Nigeria! / SEXY MOVIE From Japan / Gulder Ultimate Search 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.