Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,543 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek (7280 Views)

Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners / 2face Idibia - Nfana Ibaga 2014 Remix (MUSIC) / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by bilms(m): 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2009
According to reports, Hypertek Nigga, 2face Idibia, has lost a whopping N40million. No thanks to incompetent hands at Hypertek, his label.
Insiders say the boy from Otukpo is so peeved that he had to terminate the services of those he employed to run Hypertek and shut down the label, at least, for now.

Insiders say despite pumping N40 million into the project, results have not been forth-coming.

This development has been attributed to the lack luster performance of Unstoppable, an album which has great tracks but which critics say has not been well promoted.

According to insiders, his propaganda machinery failed woefully to promote Unstoppable like Kennis Music did to his two previous albums.
The first signs of trouble popped up last year when Da Natives, the only act on Hypertek broke up. However, his spin doctors had gone to town, stating that Da Natives (Hycenth Idibia and John Agon) would release separate albums under the label.

However, it finally emerged that all was not well when 2face returned to Now Muzik recently for a management deal. Insiders say the move is not unconnected with his desire to put his career back on track.

Meanwhile, there are strong indications that the star could be on his way back to Kennis Music.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by dasa: 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2009
please state ur source.

Correction, natives are not the only artistes. He has got w4 and rocksteady i think. His album is good, but honestly, its not catchy, its targeted at the foreign market. Its too classy for the streets. Happy boy also didnt do a good job with distribution. He is more trust worhty to work wit, but the likes of tjoe and the cartel aint letting him in.

lastly, all this big money una dey call. 40m on wat? Na lie abeg.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by mbulela: 4:14am On Jun 17, 2009
40 million my foot!!!
abeg free me jo.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by chrisical(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2009
Good album,unstoppable but shoddy marketing,promotion and distribution strategy
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by chaps09(m): 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
even if he losses 40M he still got is talent. OK
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by audio: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
Liked his album, but too classy for naija. They want repetitive recycled crap, not real music. Can't comment on the distribution, cause i don't know the scene. Whats the source of the story? or did someone just make it up as usual
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by ofokasibe: 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
@audio
his album is wack , i think he should become a back up singer !for wande coal.lol
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by chaps09(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ofokasibe, i think you must be a good fan of dj zeez and osupa saheed u dont because you can't identify good music
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by ofokasibe: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2009
chaps09:

Ofokasibe, i think you must be a good fan of dj zeez and osupa saheed u dont because you can't identify good music

lol nice one . i like ur sense of humor,
but honestly that 2face album was completely wack , where the Bleep is the plantation boy 2face?
women don collect all him flows finish . where is the tuface that sang you and i? sleeping dogs dead lion?
where is the tuface that rolls with blackface ,
see enh my sista in jand said i should buy her tuface new album and send it to her ,
i say lailai tufiakwa. no be me!
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by audio: 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
ofokasibe:

lol nice one . i like ur sense of humor,
but honestly that 2face album was completely wack , where the Bleep is the plantation boy 2face
women don collect all him flows finish . where is the tuface that sang you and i? sleeping dogs dead lion?
where is the tuface that rolls with blackface , 
see enh my sista in jand said i should buy her tuface new album and send it to her ,
i say lailai tufiakwa. no be me!

Omo why now, help out your sister,  Free her
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by ofokasibe: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
audio:

Omo why now, help out your sister,  Free her

omo audio, i cant , i cant buy anything wack for her, she would think this is how the whole of naija is wack.
i just bought her banky w mixes lagos party and strong thing, and also wande coal album , even mi album sef. i cant allow her listen to anything wack! if tuface drops anything tight tomoroow then i can spend my hard earned money on it . but this album . no !
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by rapjunkie(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2009
ofokasibe:

omo audio, i cant , i cant buy anything wack for her, she would think this is how the whole of naija is wack.
i just bought her banky w mixes lagos party and strong thing, and also wande coal album , even mi album sef. i cant allow her listen to anything wack! if tuface drops anything tight tomoroow then i can spend my hard earned money on it . but this album . no !

. . lol . . . grin grin grin grin

i havnt got the album but i think the songs i have heard are ok- ish. i do like the song he did with sway. i dont like 'enter the place'. the r kelly song is good. cant remember anything else
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by obinna5000(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2009
Bad distribution network was one of the major reasons Unstoppable didn't do well in terms of sales.
The songs were average in my opinion.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by chaps09(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ofokasibe your user name speaks
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by kaypumpin2(m): 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
An album that has Free,Down there,Flex,No ordinary love(with Mellisa Briggs),Free and other good songs is wack

You can argue that 2face has set a higher standard with his first and sophomore solo efforts in terms of dance-able and radio friendly tracks embedded in them,but to call Unstoppable wack is preposterous.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by rockyfela(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
lol u call the album wack? na ofokisibe kind songs be tight abi? If he had good distribution and promotion una 4 don dey trip 4 the album. outside, free, fly, enter the place, appreciate, feelig you. tight songs just not the naija trend of dance songs.

40 million ke? this story doesnt have any real source. I FEEL HE SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS FORMER MANAGER, JOICE . She was the best.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by rapjunkie(m): 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
there is no way that tuface could spend N40m  on running a label and there would be problems. there is more to this than meets the eye. if he did spend that amount and couldnt run the label then it is clear that he does not have the nous to run a label. Period!

Plan B: He simply needs to strike up a good deal with an established sucessful label to take care of things.

cool
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by asha80(m): 9:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
chaps09:

Ofokasibe your user name speaks
rockyfela:

lol u call the album wack? na ofokisibe kind songs be tight abi? If he had good distribution and promotion una 4 don dey trip 4 the album. outside, free, fly, enter the place, appreciate, feelig you. tight songs just not the naija trend of dance songs.

40 million ke? this story doesnt have any real source. I FEEL HE SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS FORMER MANAGER, JOICE . She was the best.

grin cheesy grin

Off topic; i just wonder how that song ofokasibe became a hit.Sounds like pack of shit. angry
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by ofokasibe: 9:14am On Jun 19, 2009
asha 80:

grin cheesy grin

Off topic; i just wonder how that song ofokasibe became a hit.Sounds like pack of shit. angry

lol u guys also think i am the real ofokasibe , as in ori yin ti fokasibe .true true , sauron aka magnum is it true that i am orie-ofokasibe ? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by bilqisss: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
It's such a pity dat a lot of ppl r et 2 knw d diffrncee btw music n MUSIC. Dis 4kasibe boy rili needs plenty schoolng in wot gud music is. If he had eva undastood 2face frm d onset, i mean is 1st 2 albums, he shld knw dat he got more mature. 4kasibe is on of dose ppl who av bin encorgn noise in Nigeria in d name of music.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by kobikwelu(m): 5:04pm On May 05, 2010
40 million!!!!!!

wait ooo, is it CEFAS??

who dash am!!!

*******MOVES ONTO THE NEXT SERIOUS POST*****
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by Dizzy001(m): 7:10pm On May 05, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i no believe say the guy fit get such money,he come loose am he no get hypertension

hmmmmm implication grin
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by sinistyle(m): 10:32pm On May 05, 2010
heard 2face's worth 550 million naira and d'bang is worth 950 million. I think 2face is worth more.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by infomusic: 11:11pm On May 05, 2010
@Ofokasibe, if you say 2face is wack, then you dont know what good music is, 2face is one of naija's very best.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by tayoast(m): 11:45pm On May 05, 2010
infomusic:

@Ofokasibe, if you say 2face is wack, then you dont know what good music is, 2face is one of naija's very best.

UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 05, 2010
@ Chaps09 Make no mistake, Saheed Osupa makes sensible songs maybe it's just beyond your comprehension. Do your history.
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by infomusic: 12:51am On May 06, 2010
for me, 2face idibia is nigerian NUMBER ONE ARTISTE
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by Dizzy001(m): 6:29am On May 06, 2010
u guys na implication
as he disobey his mother(he mama tell am no spend your money any how,he no listen),he mama na v.p for my school,Cherry Field College,Jikwoyi,Abuja her name na rose idibia,how 2face go let him mama dey do v.p for school,and na only twice i hear say he come visit am,and me i no see the 2 face ma self,and i mean 4 years now

IMPLICATION,na wetin happen to am wey he lose such money
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by Dizzy001(m): 6:30am On May 06, 2010
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by kstrika(m): 12:43pm On May 06, 2010
abeg make person rest for once joo,
which kind talk be that,
tu face. 40mill for were?
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by COOLDK(m): 3:07pm On May 06, 2010
2face is good bt FAZE is better. I only luv his collabo wt mellisa. Abeg where den de! Faze jooooooooo,
Re: 2face Loses N40 Million •shuts Down Hypertek by veraponpo(m): 5:12pm On May 06, 2010
@Poster: What is this? This happened early last year and it is just to avoid poor management and waste of money to inefficient workers.He has since then done beautiful things like Europe tour,concerts,and recently American tour. The guy is too good.Worth more than any Musician in Nigeria not even D'banj,going by his Assets-2 houses in Festac, proposed Estate in Lekki,Houses In Asokoro Abuja,Houses in Benue State his Home State. He uses best cars. Don't affect his next album with bad press again. Be warned!!!!!
Some of us can't wait to buy his next album.

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Pype – Champion (the Remix) Ft Naeto C, Da Grin, Sasha, Gt The Guitarman / FAST AUDIO DOWNLOAD: Flavour Ft. Diamond Platnumz – Time To Party / Nairalander Releases First Single- Theresa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.