Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition (26824 Views)

Robot Demoted And Fired At A Supermarket In UK After A Week Of Incompetence / Nigerian Man Become A US Soldier As He Completes His Training (Photos) / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by ElFenomeno1: 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
Godmother:
Its so sad that when a company is being acquired most times a lot of the staff get sacked. Its worse in this case because these people didn't see the sack coming
How did you know they didn't see it coming?
Even smart and aware outsiders knew Visafone was struggling and enmeshed in all sorts of turmoil.
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by eph12(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
Buhari sef cry

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by OnankpaBa(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
stupid MTN
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by ojnnaco(m): 12:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
High rate of Unemployment
High rate of Corruption
High rate of Poverty
Yet, MTN is still owing the Nigerian Govt and boldly acquiring Companies and still sacking its citizens thereby creating massive unemployment in the same nation its owing ...
Where is FG??

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Jabioro: 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
Buhari has plunged this country into misery
Must you comment?
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by ojnnaco(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
High rate of Corruption
High rate of Poverty
Yet, MTN is still owing the Nigerian Govt and boldly acquiring Companies and still sacking its citizens thereby creating massive unemployment in the same nation its owing ...
Where is FG?? and what has happened to NCC?

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Godmother:
Its so sad that when a company is being acquired most times a lot of the staff get sacked. Its worse in this case because these people didn't see the sack coming

Welcome to mergerland.
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by ojnnaco(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
High rate of Corruption
High rate of Poverty
WHAT?
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Jabioro:
Must you comment?
must you quote me? Now move along toy soilder
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by eltweezy90(m): 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
lofty900:
My own is that MTN should pay their fine. The money is not coming into my pocket but it will make me happy
Even me
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Saheed9: 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Wahala dey o
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by ojnnaco(m): 12:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
High rate of Corruption
High rate of Poverty
WHAT??
Nigeria arise
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by yungkc(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
Chai God help dose affected oo
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by manie(m): 12:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
lofty900:
My own is that MTN should pay their fine. The money is not coming into my pocket but it will make me happy

Since MTN is the new owner of visafone, I have no choice but to do away with the visafone line which I use for browsing. Can somebody suggest a good network for my computer apart from MTN.
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by tomholly: 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Sammiel: 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
R
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by brunofarad(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
You have money for acquisitions
But
You don't have money to meet up ur fine

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by rollUP(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
Omo those ppl 2016 no start well o
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
ajebuter:
In Liar-in-chief's voice:

Blame GEJ grin grin
PROVACATEUR:
I only blame buhari

Rather than blame your friends GEJ and Buhari.....blame the following

1.Visafone is the last of the CDMA companies in Nigeria....a group that once included companies like Reltel,Starcomms, Zoom,Intercellular, etc.

2.One by one all the companies went bust for the following reasons....Visa is the last

3.First....they got regionalised licences....while GSM companies like MTN got nationwide licences. In other words...a CDMA company got a licence to operate in say the South West....while MTN got a licence to operate across Nigeria. By 2007...when this was rectified....it was too late.

4.Most of these companies failed to expand.While MTN was doing yello in tiny remote villages 99% of the country knows nothing about....many CDMA companies....were busy focusing on city. (Rule no 1 of business....you must expand in order to expand).

5.And many of them were badly managed....and invested in bad investments. (If you are a phone company, you are a phone company,not a oil company or a biscuit company!)

Further reading:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/the-demise-of-cdma-operators/198609/

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by omogin(f): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
APC changi

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
PROVACATEUR:

watin concern Buhari for this matter? Are you blaming Buhari for allowing Jim Ovia to sell his personal property? Or blaming Buhari for allowing MTN buy visa fone?

You igbos have run out of excuse. This is getting shameful for the entire tribe of "empty-24 hours-ultimatum".

If you have sense, you should have blame our weak "labor law" but i think MTN or Visa fone didn't break any law.
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by AdeniyiA(m): 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
The lesson is, NEVER BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR POSITION WHILE WORKING FOR OTHERS, make sure you establish yourself and expect any eventuality.
Establish your wife in a profitable business and expand your income stream.. Then avoid ostentatious lifestyles
Nigeria is in economic mess today because of its total dependence on oil..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
manie:

Since MTN is the new owner of visafone, I have no choice but to do away with the visafone line which I use for browsing. Can somebody suggest a good network for my computer apart from MTN.

If you live in the Lagos or Abuja area... a Spectranet internet plan (dongle or wireless) is a good idea.

And among the other GSM networks....Etisalat stands out.
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Dee60: 12:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Tgose in employment should always look for something they can do in case the job iostaken from them. Downsizing is now a norm. We are no longer in the civil service era when you get a job and siddon there for life!
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by BABANGBALI: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
is that why they boughted it and who even solded it to them?if they cannot take care of the old staff,why did they boughted it.

i feel for vickyrotex and others who just losted their jobs cry
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by absoluteSuccess: 12:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
maxiuc:
See as them commot food for this people mouth I decree that any power that is destined to remove food from ur table shall not see the light of the day Amen

2016 my year of rang rover vogue and bently
AdeniyiA:
The lesson is, NEVER BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOUR POSITION WHILE WORKING FOR OTHERS, make sure you establish yourself and expect any eventuality.
Establish your wife in a profitable business and expand your income stream..
Nigeria is in economic mess today because of its total dependence on oil..
maxiuc:
See as them commot food for this people mouth I decree that any power that is destined to remove food from ur table shall not see the light of the day Amen

2016 my year of rang rover vogue and bently

sammsamm
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by BABANGBALI: 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
manie:

Econet is the best
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by manie(m): 12:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kikero112:

If you live in the Lagos or Abuja area... a Spectranet internet plan (dongle or wireless) is a good idea.

And among the other GSM networks....Etisalat stands out.

I am in Lagos.
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by Honestyboy(m): 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
This not good at all. Well you can't blame them anyway
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by ElFenomeno1: 12:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
PROVACATEUR:

How?
Please explain. Give me 5 or 10 reasons to buttress your statement above.
If you can't give me 5 or 10 reasons then I will conclude you are a brainless twerp, being the product of an illegal mating between a cripple and a tortoise
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by funso111: 12:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
PROVACATEUR:
yr brain needs to be services.
Re: 2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition by njola34(m): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
If JIM. Is selling, it means there's problem somewhere and he's in a position to know...because he actually help to those in government to skin naija alife..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

House, I Am Confused / Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future / MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.