Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,039 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 (18077 Views)

50kg Bag Of Rice Now Sells For N8,000 In Ebonyi – CBN / Naira Plunges At Interbank Market / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Kposkila: 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
Teensway:
Hehehehehe...
Ur jobless state would be worse ooo
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Amberon: 2:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
can you shut up if you don't have a brain don't bleeping quote me... if you don't like prophets or if you didn't like my post, you could've left unnoticed. Don't show your shallowness everywhere.
nanizle:

Did you go to school?

You don't need a prophet to tell you that price comes down if supply exceeds demand.

You actually don't need a prophet for anything. undecided
Use your head instead.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
hustla:
I want it to turn to $5
.me Na $1 i want

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by nanizle(m): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Amberon:
can you shut up if you don't have a brain don't bleeping quote me... if you don't like prophets or if you didn't like my post, you could've left unnoticed. Don't show your shallowness everywhere.

I quoted you so that you don't mislead/misinform others.

No hard feelings.

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kposkila:

Ur jobless state would be worse ooo
Just can't stop laughing, na people wey no get hand work or connection go suffer am...hehehehe...

1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by mikkypel(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
politricks:
Every oil we produced was a hit from palm oil to crude oil to olive oil yet no development Iyalaiya won Farming ti take over.

Egbon politriks, if you want maize seeds, come and collect it

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by kayroy5(m): 2:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
Buhari please come and stabilise the international oil price na sad
so Buhari is the demand and supply of oil? Mumu of 2016
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Kposkila: 2:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
Teensway:
Just can't stop laughing, na people wey no get hand work or connection go suffer am...hehehehe...
Den u shud be ur brothers keeper, also wen oil price fall, job loss, armed robbery, n Oda social vices wud increase, even u with all ur connections won't be @ peace.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by persius555(m): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
At last, the spell has been broken.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by chinchum(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
NaLaugh:

This is my exact sentiment. When I see talks online about the price of crude going to crap, and its effect on the Nigerian economy, I just laugh.

Nigeria's economic/developmental problems have NEVER been about a lack of incoming funds. Greed is the root cause.

If it sells at $200 or $20, the outlook for the average Nigerian makes no drastic change. Only those who perpetually steal the money will feel significant effects.

Some even mention "recession" in relation to this. How can an economy go from comatose to recession?
You are kidding ??

If it gets to 20usd for prolonged period, most states civil service will shut down this year. @over40usd, 22 states needed bail out to pay salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by simongonner: 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
its good...let's diversify the economy..mining and agriculture should be the way out..

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Pavore9: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
harjayi:
do u knw the implication of what u are saying?

I am fully aware of what l am saying. We are so sucked up into believing that we cannot survive without oil. Kenya have discovered oil few years ago and have not even began production nor eager to rely on it because just like their President said they don't want to make the same mistake Nigeria made, She found oil and ignored other things! A litre of petrol for over the years sold for N224 in Kenya till last year when it came down to N180 but the transport fare in Kenya is far cheaper in comparison to Nigeria that sells under N100 per litre, this you can verify from any Nigerian living in Kenya. Domestic flight is also cheap, the same flight duration between Lagos and Abuja that is above N20,000 in Nigeria goes for N8,000 in Kenya and Nigeria happens to a oil producing Country!

Do you know how many billions of dollars Kenya earns from tourism and agriculture? 75% of Rose flowers sold in Europe is from Kenya and every night different airlines depart with cargoes of fruits, vegetables and flowers from Kenya heading to Europe to be sold in markets across Europe the next day. Nigerians go to Europe to buy the same flowers Kenya exported there!

Nigeria will NEVER die because of the fall in price of oil rather the crash will wake her up!

8 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kposkila:

Den u shud be ur brothers keeper, also wen oil price fall, job loss, armed robbery, n Oda social vices wud increase, even u with all ur connections won't be @ peace.
Tru talk, but why are our leaders corrupt? and what do you think is the solution.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by damilove(m): 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
nanizle:

Did you go to school?

You don't need a prophet to tell you that price comes down if supply exceeds demand.

You actually don't need a prophet for anything. undecided
Use your head instead.

Economic problems and suffering have turned everyone to Anger Management "prospect" in Nigeria. Abeg take am easy o! grin
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Ibolt4m(m): 2:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hmmm...dis year is a year of proper planning ....it shall b well with my beloved deltans
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by oluwasegun007(m): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
this thing no go rest until its price runz at par with palm oil........
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by TheAlchemist: 2:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
kevinscore:
We can still scale through this,japan and china doesn't have a single oil field but they are among the world's richest country.

China is an oil producing nation.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by viktor01(m): 2:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ye, NAIJA DIE WELL..
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
TheAlchemist:

China is an oil producing nation.
Na u dey buy the oil
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Biafrarep(m): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
simongonner:
its good...let's diversify the economy..mining and agriculture should be the way out..
I have been hearing that rhetoric since 1980AD but you know what? thats were it ends, a rhetoric! In your optimism, have you checked Buhari's recently released budget for 2016?? Liar Muhamed's ministry of information was allocated more money than ministry of agriculture & solid minerals combined!! So were is your diversification going to come from

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by NaLaugh: 2:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
chinchum:
You are kidding ??

If it gets to 20usd for prolonged period, most states civil service will shut down this year. @over40usd, 22 states needed bail out to pay salaries.

You're failing to see the point as stated. GREED is the root cause of the problems NOT lack of funds.

e.g Last year, the Bayelsa state government budget/spent 33.8 BILLION Naira to build a governor's office. LINK TO ARTICLE

Think about that. What on earth could this building possibly have or do to warrant such disgusting expenditure in the face of widespread poverty and infrastructural decay in the same state?

The majority of that budget certainly wouldn't go into the actual building, but to line the pockets of the crooks involved.

This would be the same state to complain about inadequate funds to pay workers. Do you know how long 33.8 billion can pay workers for?
Again, greed is the root cause.

It's the same greed that has the Nigerian senate being the highest paid in the world, while they debate the feasibility of N18,000 minimum wage.

Honestly, I feel bad for people who have to live in Nigeria to deal with such garbage.

4 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Rexyl(m): 2:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Amberon:
prophet TB Joshua prophesied this in 2014, that the price of crude oil will drop drastically that some might have to "drink" their oil due to the fact that so many nations will discover oil. In Africa already , many nations have already discovered oil.

When crude oil was gold we failed to develop our country from its proceeds.
#DeathAndCancerToEveryLooter

Oil can't be so cheap until it's discovery in all States, or possibly in all communities. If Nigerians have their way, falling oil price should have been blessing in disguise. If people can't plan well on scarce resources, they must see an opportunity to do so when resources are surplus.

America saved for the future when oil price was high, and now that's low, the opportunity has come their way to strengthen their economy whilst weak economies are crashing and crawling. The dollar is undoubtedly gaining the value Naira is loosing.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Ahsat: 3:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Oil rich state may d people livin dere wol started drinking nd eating crude oil bcoz soon f g stop sendin allawee 2 dem.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by passionate88: 3:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
The way that man take scam most yorubas ehn, I no just believe am. A man with no idea of how to run a country as volatile as Nigeria promised to stabilised 'world oil prices' and people actually believed him. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by profmallory(m): 3:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
I am a proud Buhari supporter, but I am glad the oil prices are crashing. We as Nigerians need this to happen and to happen now. If this has happened during GEJs time, believe me it would have been chaos, cause his administration lacked the will to think - they only knew one thing, how to steal

Now that Nigeria would have no choice but to start to look for alternatives to oil, Baba would indeed lay the foundation to ensure sustainable growth of the Nigerian economy by diversifying, then and only then can only people with some thing to offer run for elective posts knowing that the time of free largess is gone.

This is the time that intelligent Nigerian across the globe must take the bull by the horn and lead. If you are leader but don't have anything to offer, you wont have to be told to get out, the hunger of the masses and cries of late salaries wont give you rest.

This is beginning of Nigeria's greatness. Mind you oil would never go above 50 USD ever, America's shale oil wont allow is, neither would their spite for Russia allow it. Iran has returned as a major oil exporter and Saudi would gladly give out free oil to ensure they retain the No 1 spot as the world major oil exported. Oil prices would never rise again.. coupled with the fact that more countries now have oil wells all over.

The Venezuela's, Russia's, Nigeria's and Angola's of the world would have to think out of the box. UAE had already envisaged this day would come, so they are prepared. we lost the chance to amass wealth when the times were good, that's why Baba must collect as much money has he can from anyone that he can lay his hands on - they helped us to save it, now we need our money back badly.

arsenal33:

Fool. Seems you are happy Nigeria makes less money.....

Enemy

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by elampiro(m): 3:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
chinchum:
12 years low at the moment. year 2004 as at midaday, it is now 32 usd.

You're current, and correct.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by RaptorX: 3:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
harjayi:
do u knw the implication of what u are saying?
There is no implications, the only people that will feel it are the looters in government. To ordinary Nigerians it doesn't make no difference if it sells at $200 per barrel or $20 per barrel.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
arsenal33:

Fool. Seems you are happy Nigeria makes less money.....

Enemy
half, now that you are not happy that Nigeria make less money, go and change the situation na.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Elbowroom: 3:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:

mumu u go school at all?
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by chinchum(m): 3:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
NaLaugh:

You're failing to see the point as stated. GREED is the root cause of the problems NOT lack of funds.

e.g Last year, the Bayelsa state government budget/spent 33.8 BILLION Naira to build a governor's office. LINK TO ARTICLE

Think about that. What on earth could this building possibly have or do to warrant such disgusting expenditure in the face of widespread poverty and infrastructural decay in the same state?

The majority of that budget certainly wouldn't go into the actual building, but to line the pockets of the crooks involved.

This would be the same state to complain about inadequate funds to pay workers. Do you know how long 33.8 billion can pay workers for?
Again, greed is the root cause.

It's the same greed that has the Nigerian senate being the highest paid in the world, while they debate the feasibility of N18,000 minimum wage.

Honestly, I feel bad for people who have to live in Nigeria to deal with such garbage.
At the moment, greed is not the only problem,

If there are 5 individuals in a room that need 10 cups of rice to be fed well, and you give them 4 cups of rice, that is a problem. The team leader of the 5 individuals might corner over 2 .5 cups from the 4 cups allocated, meaning 1.5 cups is left to be shared amongst 4 individuals, that is a greed problem, but that is not the only problem.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by chuose: 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
kazuna:
No more OUR OYEL...This is a Blessing!

The more reason why the Niger Delta needs their own resource control.
Their is less to go round.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Come In: Which Of These Is Holding You Back? / Folorunso Alakija Awarded 6 Offshore Oil Blocks By Sierra Leone Government / Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.