Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 (18075 Views)

50kg Bag Of Rice Now Sells For N8,000 In Ebonyi – CBN / Naira Plunges At Interbank Market / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by NaLaugh: 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
chinchum:
At the moment, greed is not the only problem,

If there are 5 individuals in a room that need 10 cups of rice to be fed well, and you give them 4 cups of rice, that is a problem. The team leader of the 5 individuals might corner over 2 .5 cups from the 4 cups allocated, meaning 1.5 cups is left to be shared amongst 4 individuals, that is a greed problem, but that is not the only problem.

Very true.

However, the 10 cups in your analogy ARE available within the Nigerian system.
If greed is removed, the 10 cups would be utilized as needed, rather than embezzled.

e.g 33.8 billion Naira can build world class schools and hospitals in Bayelsa.
Unfortunately, their priority is having a world class governor's office which benefits no one but the governor and $$-lined corrupt pockets.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by chinchum(m): 3:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
RaptorX:
There is no implications, the only people that will feel it are the looters in government. To ordinary Nigerians it doesn't make no difference if it sells at $200 per barrel or $20 per barrel.
Stop saying this, stop !!!. It is too myopic.

Every one will face the brunt, infact ordinary nigerians will feel it the most, the looters in government have enough loots stashed somewhere that will act as a buffer. Value of Naira is crashing, inflation is going upwards, prices of everyday consumables is on the upward trend. Oil workers are losing their jobs in droves due to the fall in price, state governments can not pay salaries, and you keep saying "it makes no difference"?
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by InvertedHammer: 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
/

Bottom might be in in oil. I am beginning to build small LONGS for long term.

At $3 profit, I will initiate trailing stop and ride till the wheels fall off.

I bailed from my SHORTS a little bit earlier at $35. Should have, could have, would have...But that's the nature of this business. With the current dollar-naira exchange rate, the profit is astronomical.
/
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Easier said dan done...fr dat to be possible all d member countries have to agree and saudi arabia has refused to do that..also iran after deir ban has bin lifted expect to strt production thus overflow in market..expect prices to plunge even lower...to $15 per barrel
Boss13:
I understand OPEC is going to cut supply to ensure price stability
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by chuose: 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
phemmie06:
Biafra, you don't need water again o, you go drink crude oil tire. I am sure that is why you're liaising with the south south
Fear dey catch you?
E suppose catch you, becos we'll have more money to round.
Fewer dead weights
All of us for South South don learn our lessons.

We own the land, the North owns the oil blocks.
And you expect us to be happy

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by ttmacoy: 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Please explain what conspiracy you speak of?

When oil started rising from $10 to $140 I didn't hear any shout of conspiracy, but when it crashed as all commodities do all of a sudden there is a conspiracy. Interesting that you ignore the fact Nigeria did not make use of the oil boom to develop it's infrastructure and diversify the economy instead choosing to squander and waste all the money.

Yeah real conspiracy.

sammyj:
If I hear prophecy rather call it forecast or prediction based on trends and conspiracy to bring down the developing countries angry cry !!!

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
God hlp 9ja walai
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by ttmacoy: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
OPEC or should i say Saudi Arabia (because all OPEC members pretty much do what Saudi decides irrespective of who is OPEC president) wants to maintain its market share by maintaining production levels in the hope that the continued fall in oil prices will lead to the demise of higher cost oil producers such as the Shale industry from the US.

So far it has not worked as the bigger shale producers have proved more resilient and continued to drive down the cost of production through technological advancement. Smaller shale operators have shut down, but overall US production has not reduced by much as many of the larger operators are still producing oil.

How long either the Shale operators or Saudi can go on remains to be seen.

Saudi is able to pursue this strategy because unlike Nigeria they have been able to build a huge reserve during the oil boom of about $700bn while Nigeria had about $30bn when oil prices started to fall. Same with the likes of Venezuela.

Important to note that Saudi reserves are dropping rapidly as Saudi have to fund budget deficits and also cover falling revenue and at some point they may have to admit defeat to Shale if the hale industry can continue to persevere.

Ramanto:
What's OPEC doing?
More reason our export base needs to be diversified

3 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by wink2015(m): 4:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
[size=18pt]Farm lands are wasting away in the Northern and Southern part of Nigeria with a massive graduate population not gainfully engaged employment wise, federal and state government in Nigeria are waiting for oil price to rise to earn revenue. They must be day dreaming. They better think of alternatives such as Agriculture and solid minerals.
I think if Buhari is serious he should have by now engage the zimbabwean farmers, israelies, for technological know how on modern farming.

[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
phemmie06:
Biafra, you don't need water again o, you go drink crude oil tire. I am sure that is why you're liaising with the south south
Crude oil cannot raise an economy with the basic fundamentals: Technology, Commerce, Human Capital development; these are the trump card of Biafra, not crude oil. We just want to be free, and do things the way they're being done in the advanced and civilised world. We want European nations to marvel and bow to our ingenuity. Bro, not oil.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
phemmie06:
Crude oil cannot raise an economy without the basic fundamentals: Technology, Commerce, Human Capital development; these are the trump card of Biafra, not crude oil. We just want to be free, and do things the way they're being done in the advanced and civilised world. We want European nations to marvel and bow to our ingenuity. Bro, not oil.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by emmygzy(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
bighuntenter:
By this time tomorrow, the price of oil will go up. I don't know how this is going to happen, but I believe God, that what He has said, that He will do. Do not believe the report of the wicked one, believe the report of the ALMIGHTY GOD, that, it is well with our country NIGERIA. Nigeria shall be the praise of all the nations of the earth. Nations will come to ask us how we did. Just believe. #Godwilldoit
wake up! It's morning. Stop dreaming.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
Very soon oil workers will no longer have value as before.....chai

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Stycon(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst ~they say. The benchmark isn't that bad cool

I believe in miracle tongue
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by bitingcool: 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pavore9:

I am fully aware of what l am saying. We are so sucked up into believing that we cannot survive without oil. Kenya have discovered oil few years ago and have not even began production nor eager to rely on it because just like their President said they don't want to make the same mistake Nigeria made, She found oil and ignored other things! A litre of petrol for over the years sold for N224 in Kenya till last year when it came down to N180 but the transport fare in Kenya is far cheaper in comparison to Nigeria that sells under N100 per litre, this you can verify from any Nigerian living in Kenya. Domestic flight is also cheap, the same flight duration between Lagos and Abuja that is above N20,000 in Nigeria goes for N8,000 in Kenya and Nigeria happens to a oil producing Country!

Do you know how many billions of dollars Kenya earns from tourism and agriculture? 75% of Rose flowers sold in Europe is from Kenya and every night different airlines depart with cargoes of fruits, vegetables and flowers from Kenya heading to Europe to be sold in markets across Europe the next day. Nigerians go to Europe to buy the same flowers Kenya exported there!

Nigeria will NEVER die because of the fall in price of oil rather the crash will wake her up!

A mature, clean and sensible argument.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
NaLaugh:

This is my exact sentiment. When I see talks online about the price of crude going to crap, and its effect on the Nigerian economy, I just laugh.

Nigeria's economic/developmental problems have NEVER been about a lack of incoming funds. Greed is the root cause.

If it sells at $200 or $20, the outlook for the average Nigerian makes no drastic change. Only those who perpetually steal the money will feel significant effects.

Some even mention "recession" in relation to this. How can an economy go from comatose to recession?

For this ur post, i am giving you 13lbs of pure muscles.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by harjayi(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
RaptorX:
There is no implications, the only people that will feel it are the looters in government. To ordinary Nigerians it doesn't make no difference if it sells at $200 per barrel or $20 per barrel.
how will FG finance the budget deficit when the oil price is down.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by banio: 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2016
Crude price will start rising from February 2016.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by harjayi(m): 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
[/quote]
harjayi:
RaptorX:
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by harjayi(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
RaptorX:
harjayi:
RaptorX:
there are implication ooo, and it will affect the average citizen
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
I don't think so... Enlighten me
agabusta:

If the disagreement leads to a conflict, it will lead to increase in prices and not decline.

If they start a war, it will be a blessing in disguise for Nigeria. Oil prices will surge massively.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kyase:
seriously, its time for the north to scream our food
Hahaha. Bros na gobe be dat o. Don't give these guys ideas abeg. grin
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Eluwilussit(m): 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
Pavore9:

When it sold over $100, what did we achieve with it? We will be forced to focus on non-oil export. Nigeria will NEVER die because of the fall in price of oil rather the crash will wake her up!

Nigeria may not die, but Nigerians surely will. Spot the difference? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Pavore9: 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Nigeria may not die, but Nigerians surely will. Spot the difference? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nigerians will not die, a change of orientation will see them soar. Innovative knowledge will create new means of sustenance for many. Check my threads and posts in the Agric sections.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Kyase(m): 7:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
Timbuktou:

Hahaha. Bros na gobe be dat o. Don't give these guys ideas abeg. grin

lol, we dey for the time sha
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kyase:

lol, we dey for the time sha
I dey tell you
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Kyase(m): 7:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Timbuktou:

I dey tell you
yes ooooo
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by EbolaParasite: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
kevinscore:
We can still scale through this,japan and china doesn't have a single oil field but they are among the world's richest country.

Olodo. China has several oil fields!!!!!
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Kposkila: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
Teensway:
Tru talk, but why are our leaders corrupt? and what do you think is the solution.

Corruption brought us to where we are now no doubt, it's not only in govt or politics, even our very family( d bases of the society) is corrupt, I ve seen cases of parents of jss 3 stds paying for expo for their wards, tell me how dat jss3 pupil won't be corrupt wen he or she grows up... to me the solution is fixing our families. Let our parents be more responsible and translate same to their children...

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by front247: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
let it go to zero dollar per barrel make our eyes clear wasteful country
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 07, 2016
Kposkila:

Corruption brought us to where we are now no doubt, it's not only in govt or politics, even our very family( d bases of the society) is corrupt, I ve seen cases of parents of jss 3 stds paying for expo for their wards, tell me how dat jss3 pupil won't be corrupt wen he or she grows up... to me the solution is fixing our families. Let our parents be more responsible and translate same to their children...
Yea it starts from our family, try prevent your family from being corrupt.
Re: Crude Oil Price Plunges Further, Now Sells Below $35 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
EbolaParasite:

Olodo. China has several oil fields!!!!!
Mumu have u seen it b4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Come In: Which Of These Is Holding You Back? / How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? / Folorunso Alakija Awarded 6 Offshore Oil Blocks By Sierra Leone Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.