Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

US Student Visa and Sponsorship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Student Visa and Sponsorship (1259 Views)

Easiest Way To Pay Your Sevis Fee For US Student / Getting Ready For A Us Student Visa Interview Please Help / Most Likely Questions On US Student Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Student Visa and Sponsorship by jeunsoke01: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2009
We have a family friend trying to come to the US to study her masters program. For the visa interview, everything else seems to be going to plan except for the question of sponsorship. In an attempt to counter any worries the interviewer may have, we researched these scenarios:

[list]
[li]I sponsor her (interviewer: am i her fiancee? will she come back?)[/li]
[li]My mother sponsors her (interviewer: what is your relationship to this woman? blood relative? proove it)[/li]
[li]Her parents sponsor her( father is a "businessman", mother is a civil servant, no relatives in US) (interviewer: business man is not a steady job, proove with paystubs & bank account)[/li]
[li]It is 'HER' money, she saved up the money over the years (which is really what she did!!). Is this an option?(interviewer: You have no job but you have money?)[/li]
[/list]

I think this is where alot of visa interviews fail.  What is the best way to go about this or is this research overkill? Do they just want to see  money in a bank account? I would like to hear ways people get around this scenario. I am sure there are people out there who have the money, but no relatives in the US or parents with money that have gotten visa.
Re: US Student Visa and Sponsorship by SeanT21(f): 8:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
Re: US Student Visa and Sponsorship by jeunsoke01: 8:19pm On Jun 16, 2009
Thanks alot but I looked at that thread before and it didn't contain the information I want. My question has to do with a specific part of the student visa process, which is sponsorship.

NL shouldnt promote thread hijacking (E.g. One thread for all questions) makes it very hard to find answers to questions (and for google to find you  wink)
Re: US Student Visa and Sponsorship by gdup1960: 12:37am On Jun 17, 2009
you need to prove that you have ties to the country through land ownership, job, e.t.c. Basically, you need to prove you will not jah lol!
Re: US Student Visa and Sponsorship by DisGuy: 11:17am On Jun 17, 2009
why dont you try all four!!!  undecided
Wont hurt to give a comprehensive answer

jeunsoke01:

Thanks alot but I looked at that thread before and it didn't contain the information I want. My question has to do with a specific part of the student visa process, which is sponsorship.

NL shouldnt promote thread hijacking (E.g. One thread for all questions) makes it very hard to find answers to questions (and for google to find you  wink)

maybe because you didnt ask the question on there, if you ask specific question you will/might get specific answers

(1) (Reply)

Conference Visa,tourist Visa Or Business Visa? / Qatar Work Permit Visa And Get Job Upon Arrival / Denmark Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.