Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria (33251 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Three Great Abilities Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 11:57pm On Oct 25, 2006
Here are the three blessed Men of God I love in Nigeria.

Pastor W F.Kumuyi was born in 1941. He is the founding Senior Pastor and General Superintendent (1982) of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Church. He has always believed in God and his former tutor the late Dr. Tai Solarin testified of the genius of Kumuyi.
He was a Professor of Mathematics at the University of Lagos (1979 - 1983).

For a sample of the mathematical genius of Pastor W.F Kumuyi, see "Acta Mathematica Academiae Paedagogicae Nyıregyhaziensis 19 (2003 where W.F. Kumuyi and M. Nassif. Derived and integrated sets of simple sets of polynomials in. two complex variables. J. Approximation Theory, 47:270–283.

I spent my summer holidays of 1978 with Pastor W F. Kumuyi and I was even a Roman Catholic then.

Pastor E.A. Adeboye was born on 2nd March 1942 at Ifewara in the present day Osun State. His parents 9now of blessed memory) were indigenes of the town, which is about midway between Ilesha and Ondo towns. Pastor Adeboye is a genius with an M.Sc in hydrodynamics and a Ph.D in Applied Mathematics, and lectured at the University of Lagos and university of Ilorin. He was about to become the youngest Vice Chancellor in Africa at 39, but he preferred to devote his whole to the service of God.

I was a project secretary and HIV/AIDS consellor in the office of our G.O Pastor E A. Adeboye in 1998.

I also love Pastor Daniel K. Olukoya. I have only fellowshipped and worshipped our Almighty Father Jehovah with him.

Dr. Daniel Kolawole Olukoya, by the grace of God, is the founder and General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (Worldwide), and The Battle Cry Christian Ministries, (Worldwide).
Dr. Olukoya holds a first class honours degree in Microbiology from the University of Lagos,
Nigeria and a PhD in Molecular Genetics from the University of Reading, United Kingdom.
As a researcher, he has over 70 scientific publications to his credit.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by BlackMamba(m): 1:03am On Oct 26, 2006
Orikinla:

He was about to become the youngest Vice Chancellor in Africa at 39, but he preferred to devote his whole to the service of God.

The sacrifice is worth every cent of it.

2 Likes

Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Aggressa(m): 1:59am On Oct 26, 2006
@All,
Our God is not a God of mediocrity, he can use anybody from unschooled illiterate (remember Pa Akindayomi, founder of RCCG) to these awesome 'academia' men of God. The fact is, whomsoever God calls, He qualifies them.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by TV01(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2006
Morning Peeps,

Some people will never get it? I guess some just don’t want to.

How long will you continue to spew such nonsense?
In praise of the flesh and carnal achievements?
Venerating men and making idols of created things!

Indoctrinated talking heads and well schooled religious mouthpieces.
Respecters of persons, payers of eye service, partial, men pleasers all.

John 7:15 - And the Jews marveled, saying, "How does this Man know letters, having never studied?"

Acts 4:13 - Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marvelled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.

1 Corinthians 1:26 - For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called

Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

The whole tone of the post suggests that the worldy achievements of these “Great Geniuses”
somehow qualifies them or means they brings something to the table. That is scripture upside down, back-to front and inside out. Or as Uncle Titus would say “Nonsense and ingre-dent”

The most high God will not share his glory with anyone.
Let no flesh glory in His presence.

Jeremiah 9:23 - Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; 24 But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the Lord.

Jeremiah 17:5 - Thus says the Lord: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord.

Please note , I have no personal relationship with any of the so called “great men of God” mentioned (first it was MOGS, now its GMOGS!!). Neither do I know if they ever subscribed to or taught such doctrine. As such, this posts seeks not to challenge their persons, but the almost heretical underlying thinking that gave rise to this thread

The voice of one cryin’

God bless
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2006
TV01:

Morning Peeps,
John 7:15 - And the Jews marveled, saying, "How does this Man know letters, having never studied?"

Acts 4:13 - Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marvelled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.

1 Corinthians 1:26 - For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called

Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

The whole tone of the post suggests that the worldy achievements of these “Great Geniuses”
somehow qualifies them or means they brings something to the table. That is scripture upside down, back-to front and inside out. Or as Uncle Titus would say “Nonsense and ingre-dent”

The most high God will not share his glory with anyone.
Let no flesh glory in His presence.

Jeremiah 9:23 - Thus says the Lord: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; 24 But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight," says the Lord.

Jeremiah 17:5 - Thus says the Lord: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the Lord.

Please note , I have no personal relationship with any of the so called “great men of God” mentioned (first it was MOGS, now its GMOGS!!). Neither do I know if they ever subscribed to or taught such doctrine. As such, this posts seeks not to challenge their persons, but the almost heretical underlying thinking that gave rise to this thread

The voice of one cryin’

God bless

Some people will never get it? I guess some just don’t want to.

How long will you continue to spew such nonsense?
In praise of the flesh and carnal achievements?
Venerating men and making idols of created things!

Indoctrinated talking heads and well schooled religious mouthpieces.
Respecters of persons, payers of eye service, partial, men pleasers all.

Please, don't misread
This educational thread.
What you have read is not news and not to boast
But to make it known as a matter of fact
That God can use anybody
And to the glory of God, everybody is somebody
From the street to the pulpit.
Even a doctor can be a pastor.
For the benefit of the ignorant
To know that God can also make you more than a conqueror.

God bless those who have the rhema to discern the truth.
And damn the wrath of the earth.

God bless you 2.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by exu(m): 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2006
hahahahahaha
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2006
Most of the things I post online are what we actually discuss offline.

Being honest is a crime?

Orikinla said this, Orikinla said that.

As Fela would sing, Fela you don come again.

Recently Pastor Adeboye was sharing how God favoured him when he was one of the only two Nigerian mathematicians selected to represent Nigeria at an international conference and he was not boasting. It was a fact.

Read the book Great Souls.

These are great men of God who great geniuses and God actually knows why I posted this to correct some erroneous notions of the ignorant scoffers of the word of God.

Only the best is good enough for us-Bishop Ajayi Crowther
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by TV01(m): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2006
Ponder this as you make your way back to Sunday school  grin !

1 Corinthians 4:4 - For I know nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

2Corinthians 10:12 - For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

God bless
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2006
TV01:

Ponder this as you make your way back to Sunday school grin !

1 Corinthians 4:4 - For I know nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.

2Corinthians 10:12 - For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

God bless

Pastor TV01,
You are right.

Sunday School is on Sunday.

To appreciate the blessings of God in our lives is to give all the glory to God.

God makes us geniuses.

Salt and Light

13. "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

14. "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden.

15. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.

16. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

The Fulfillment of the Law
17. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

18. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

19. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:13-20
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by TV01(m): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2006
Homework before Sunday cheesy!

1Corinthians 4:7 - For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

God bless
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2006
TV01,
Your comments have done me more good than all the previous comments I have been reading on all my posts on Nairaland,

I thank God for bring you on these discussion boards.

Merci beaucoup!

God bless you more and more.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by TV01(m): 12:26pm On Oct 27, 2006
God is Glorious, God is Great, God is Good!

Orinkinla your comments are noted. All postings are in love wink, but sometimes the loves got to be of the tough variety. Essential for proper edification and growth.

All is well, but you don't get off that lightly. Your punishment is as follows;

~ Attend Sunday school until the end of the year wink
~ Such attendance must be in short knicker smiley
~ 10'000 lines of "I will no longer venerate or show partiality to men"
~ 10'000 lines of " All glory to the Most High, forever & ever. Amen"

And please, stop hanging out with kids from the Mogsbottom & Mogsnyash families, like Hymenaeus and Alexander, they can lead you astray!

God bless
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2006
TV01,
I cannot wear short knicker to Sunday School.
Babes already call me sexy legs and I am fair.

We do Bible Study every day even when I am alone.

I write countless lines online everyday.
See my http://therhema..com

Nobody can lead me astray except my straying eyes. But I have decided to wear the burqa to see no evil.

I am covered by precious innocent blood of the Lamb of God Jesus Christ our Messiah.

May God guide and guard us to His Kingdom.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by KDK(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2006
TV01,
I am pleased to see your responses especially the maturity in them.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by TV01(m): 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2006
KDK:

TV01,
I am pleased to see your responses especially the maturity in them.

Thank you, much appreciated.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2006
on the other hand I don't think Orikinlas posts were at all boastful,TV01 I was shocked how you lashed out on the guy.
That God can use highly educated people to spread the gospel like st. Paul is a thing of joy.
There is nothing wrong in mentioning it.

My bro TV01 read the post again with a non critical eye.
Paul was a lawyer we read,if his profession or his noble background before his calling was of no consequence,the scriptures would have been silent on that.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2006
babyosisi:

on the other hand I don't think Orikinlas posts were at all boastful,TV01 I was shocked how you lashed out on the guy.
That God can use highly educated people to spread the gospel like st. Paul is a thing of joy.
There is nothing wrong in mentioning it.

My bro TV01 read the post again with a non critical eye.
Paul was a lawyer we read,if his profession or his noble background before his calling was of no consequence,the scriptures would have been silent on that.

Babyosisi,
If nodding to them would appease them, let me nod and let us move on.
Because, I am now too busy to argue with others.
Something totally in a higher level of the super highway of the global village is about to be launched and I want to separate the boys from the men and the girls from the ladies.
And it is not going to be FFA. grin
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Aggressa(m): 11:36am On Oct 31, 2006
Quote from Orikinla: If nodding to them would appease them, let me nod and let us move on

@Orikinla,
God bless you; this is my "word" for today, brother!!. Thank you
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2006
Havila:

Quote from Orikinla: If nodding to them would appease them, let me nod and let us move on

@Orikinla,
God bless you; this is my "word" for today, brother!!. Thank you

Havila,
We have a lot of work to do if we don't want to see more Nigerian planes crashing like birds shot down from the sky.

Thank God for those in developed countries.
If not for the fears of terrorists the US and Europe would be second to paradise.

You all in America and Europe should do your best for the common good of Nigeria.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2006
Orikinla:

Havila,
We have a lot of work to do if we don't want to see more Nigerian planes crashing like birds shot down from the sky.

Thank God for those in developed countries.
If not for the fears of terrorists the US and Europe would be second to paradise.

You all in America and Europe should do your best for the common good of Nigeria.

Orikinla,I have been away from Nigeria for more than a decade now,I still visit often and Nigeria will always be my home.
If things change today in Nigeria I will be the first on a plane going home.
I am now an American but Naija is where my heart is,the land of my birth,not by accident but by Gods design.
We must never cease to pray for our homeland.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Aggressa(m): 12:34am On Nov 01, 2006
@Babyosisi and Orikinla,
I feel you my brother and sister. We dont have another place to call home o! It pains when we see the wasted resources and the looting and inefficiencies going on at home, more so it pains when you hear how Nigeria is described outside Nigeria. But as somebody once said, 'all the present problems are a "fact" about Nigeria, they are NOT the "truth" about Nigeria'. The truth is that we will rise above all and move forward.
As I tell my kids and a lot of my friends who are "citizens", you can be a British or American citizen but you will never be a British or American. So know who you are and identify with your roots because at every opportunity now, you need to identify your origin here.
We will continue to pray for our country and work to make it a better place, because faith without works is dead.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Easyy(m): 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2007
All,

I was getting blessed by reading all the posts and the reactions of Orikinla and TV01 to each other until babyosisi entered with a rather instigational post and everything went pear shaped, then came in disguised or supressed unhappiness with each other.

Orikinla, I appreaciate the intial responses you gave and they all seemed to have been in love.

TV01, I also appreciate your contribution to this and the attempt to ensure that God must have all the glory and to keep us in reminder of the fact that the wisdom of the world is foolishness to God.

Let love be our watchword so that God who knows the thoughts of our hearts will have cause to say 'well done' to us as I say to my son whenever he has impressed me grin
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by TV01(m): 3:12am On Jan 14, 2007
Easyy:

All,

I was getting blessed by reading all the posts and the reactions of Orikinla and TV01 to each other until babyosisi entered with a rather instigational post and everything went pear shaped, then came in disguised or supressed unhappiness with each other.

At which point I left lipsrsealed!
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by shahan(f): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2007
@topic,

I don't think Orinkinla did any wrong in recognizing those men as God's gift to our beloved country. Of course, we have many more to celebrate besides those three. If we didn't have any nko? Then maybe the song would have changed to "God doesn't love our country!"

I thank God for the original post; and rather than see it as an attempt to glorify men, it should help us celebrate what God has mercifully and graciously blessed us with. Here:

Rom. 13:7 - "Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour."

Bless God for that. If men have made lifelong commitments to sacrifice their all so that our nation will know the loving power of God, to Him be all the glory; and I doff my hat for 'em gentlemen.

The texts of Matthew 5:13-20, 1 Corinthians 4:4, and 2 Corinthians 10:12 are all well and good - when understood and applied in their contexts. However, they do not apply as weapons to be used against men deserving of honour and tribute to whom they are due.

1Co 3:21-22 >> "Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours."

We do not glory in men - but we certainly are encouraged to give them their dues. Glory to God.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Cayon(f): 9:55pm On Nov 16, 2008
Informative thread
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by huxley(m): 11:04am On Nov 17, 2008
What a waste of pure talent and it is sad to see such otherwise "intelligent" people involved in dragging Africa back into the dark ages.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by seyleego: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2008
Deviated from the main topic, happy to read interesting comments, lets continue to pray for our christian leaders, lets pray for nigeria and let's all anticipate for heaven even as the signs are every where.
As christians dont forget to preach to sinners you come about with as you are led by God's spirit.
God bless you all(amen)
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2008
God bless you.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Bota: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2009
Aggressa:

@All,
Our God is not a God of mediocrity, he can use anybody from unschooled illiterate (remember Pa Akindayomi, founder of RCCG) to these awesome 'academia' men of God. The fact is, whomsoever God calls, He qualifies them.

Very true Aggressa : In God's service, the greatest ability is availability. Anyone, make yourself available for God's service and see what He will make of your life !
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by duduspace(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2009
@Poster

Can you please point out in what way thise your so called geniuses have helped mankind? what lasting legacies have they left for our country or the world in general? We still have the works of people like Einstein, Newton, Galileo e.t.c. and even in the modern times we have the likes of Stephen Hawking being learnt in schools and being applied to the various things we use daily.

What do we have to remember your so called geniuses and great men from apart from bastardizing the true works of the original philosophers in Christianity such as Jesus and Paul?

How have they helped our nation or revolutionized thinking and reasoning in our country? and what will they be remembered for in 100 years time apart from the fact that they built big churches and further pauperized the already poor?
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by banom(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2009
3Greatest holy con men of god
Ha haha ha aha habahhaaaaaaaaaaa.
And let his guilible folks shout aliluuuuuuuuuuuyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Re: Three Great Men Of God And Great Geniuses In Nigeria by Ubermensch: 4:29pm On Jul 29, 2009
Three great entrepreneurs tongue

(1) (Reply)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / Pastors And Alfa Asked Me To Bring Money For Deliverance-i'm Tired / Is 3 O'Clock The Most Effective Hour To Pray??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.