Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa (1116 Views)

Catholic Bishop And His Muslim Mother In Sierra Leone (Photo) / RCCG's 'Office Of The Mother In Israel'. Folu Adeboye's Title: Meaning? (Photos) / Islamic State Again In France, This Time Failed ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Buhari4dullard: 12:34pm On Jan 08, 2016
This is an abomination and for no good reason

An Islamic State militant carried out a public "execution" of his mother because she asked him to leave the group, activists say.

Ali Saqr, 21, killed his mother, Lena al-Qasem, 45, outside the post office in Raqqa, Syria, eyewitnesses said.

Raqqa has served as IS' de facto capital since the group captured the city in August 2013.

IS does not tolerate any dissent and imposes brutal punishments, often carried out in public.

The UK-based monitoring group, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) and the activist group Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently reported the incident.

Lena al-Qasem had reportedly told her son that the US-led military alliance fighting IS would "wipe out" the group, and tried to convince him to leave the city with her.

Her son is then said to have informed the group of her comment, and they ordered her killed.

Ali Saqr is reported to have shot her outside the post office where she worked, in front of hundreds of people.

IS, a jihadist group which follows its own extreme version of Sunni Islam, took over large parts of Iraq and Syria in 2014.

Since then the group has killed more than 2,000 people for reasons including homosexuality, and for the alleged practice of magic and apostasy, according to the SOHR.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35260475
Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Annunaki(m): 12:59pm On Jan 08, 2016
Only a religion started by satan himself can inspire people to such evil atrocities.

1 Like

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by johnydon22(m): 1:37pm On Jan 08, 2016
Annunaki:
Only a religion started by satan himself can inspire people to such evil atrocities.
Do you really mean that? wink So if i show you similar instances in 21st century Christianity. will you still say the same? wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by johnydon22(m): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
Islam is 50% of what is wrong with this planet.. Imagine some idiot killing his mother because he thinks he is fighting for a God he has never even seen before..

Just imagine how humans supposedly intelligent species are being turned into literal mor0ns by 1book with primitive theme.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Annunaki(m): 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
johnydon22:

Do you really mean that? wink So if i show you similar instances in 21st century Christianity. will you still say the same? wink

It will be completely impossible for you to show such behaviour is based on the teachings of christ(true Christianity) even if you can come up with a 'similar' instance. On the contrary we know what mohamed preached and practised so we know what motivates his followers to behave that way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by johnydon22(m): 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
Annunaki:

It will be completely impossible for you to show such behaviour is based on the teachings of christ(true Christianity) even if you can come up with a 'similar' instance. On the contrary we know what mohamed preached and practised so we know what motivates his followers to behave that way.
Let us be fair..

The basis of the deductions on your criticism of Islam is based on their religious book which is the Quran.

So can we also base the criticism of Christianity based on its on book which is the Bible without cherry picking or denying any part of the book to shield ourselves from it's inconsistencies?

The comparison here is not about the Character Jesus of the gospels and Muhammed.

But of two ideas or religions in relation to their Holy books (which in entirety is regarded by these two bodies as the "Word of their various God(s)"..

So should i go on?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Annunaki(m): 4:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
johnydon22:

Let us be fair..

The basis of the deductions on your criticism of Islam is based on their religious book which is the Quran.

So can we also base the criticism of Christianity based on its on book which is the Bible without cherry picking or denying any part of the book to shield ourselves from it's inconsistencies?

The comparison here is not about the Character Jesus of the gospels and Muhammed.

But of two ideas or religions in relation to their Holy books (which in entirety is regarded by these two bodies as the "Word of their various God(s)"..

So should i go on?

That's the big mistake you are making, Christianity is bbased strictly on the teachings of christ and his apostles as recorded in the new testament. The old testament is a different religion(Judaism) so I will not accept it in criticising christianity. Let me remind you that the bible was not canonised till the fourth century AD and if the catholic church had decided then to exclude the old testament from our canon of scriptures, we will still have christianity today.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by johnydon22(m): 4:27pm On Jan 08, 2016
Annunaki:

That's the big mistake you are making, Christianity is bbased strictly on the teachings of christ and his apostles as recorded in the new testament. The old testament is a different religion(Judaism) so I will not accept it in criticising christianity. Let me remind you that the bible was not canonised till the fourth century AD and if the catholic church had decided then to exclude the old testament from our canon of scriptures, we will still have christianity today.
So what you are saying in essence is that you are fully divorcing anything that has to deal with the Old testament..wink

Good.. I am familiar with that tactics of divorcing the Old testament once it is being used for criticism at the same time employing it when it suites you.. It's called Cherry Picking smiley

I will remind you these exact words of yours anytime i see you quoting the Old testament for any reason what so ever.

Since you have decided to divorce the Old testament (which by the way also is regarded the words of Yahweh) i hope you refrain from using it ever again.

Because if you do, you still then affirms the fact that the old testament being part of the Christian canon (bible) also is also a part of Christian fundamentals.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by urahara(m): 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
Annunaki:

But u don't realise the old Testament is Judaism when your pastor is collecting tithe and offering from you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Annunaki(m): 5:19pm On Jan 08, 2016
johnydon22:

So what you are saying in essence is that you are fully divorcing anything that has to deal with the Old testament..wink

Good.. I am familiar with that tactics of divorcing the Old testament once it is being used for criticism at the same time employing it when it suites you.. It's called Cherry Picking smiley

I will remind you these exact words of yours anytime i see you quoting the Old testament for any reason what so ever.

Since you have decided to divorce the Old testament (which by the way also is regarded the words of Yahweh) i hope you refrain from using it ever again.

Because if you do, you still then affirms the fact that the old testament being part of the Christian canon (bible) also is also a part of Christian fundamentals.

I don't cherry pick, it's very clear from several scriptures in the new testament that the old has been done away with and we are now under a new covenant. Unlike most believers I am very clear about my beliefs and my christianity is based strictly on the teachings of christ and not the bible as a whole.
Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Annunaki(m): 5:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
urahara:

But u don't realise the old Testament is Judaism when your pastor is collecting tithe and offering from you

I don't pay tithes and I am a very vocal anti tither. tongue

1 Like

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by johnydon22(m): 5:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
Annunaki:

I don't cherry pick, it's very clear from several scriptures in the new testament that the old has been done away with and we are now under a new covenant. Unlike most believers I am very clear about my beliefs and my christianity is based strictly on the teachings of christ and not the bible as a whole.
I am sure you have heard of that statement "What ever you say will be used against you in the court of law" This exactly will be the situation when i remind this to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by glossy6(f): 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2016
johnydon22:

The old testament is part of the bible but those practices that are at variance with the Love preached by Christ & the apostles are not tolerated by Christians.

Mosaic law says "an eye for an eye", while Christ preached forgiveness. That is what we stand by.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Annunaki(m): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2016
johnydon22:

I am sure you have heard of that statement "What ever you say will be used against you in the court of law" This exactly will be the situation when i remind this to you

Bring it on, as I said earlier I am very clear of my beliefs. tongue
Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by johnydon22(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2016
glossy6:

The old testament is part of the bible but those practices that are at variance with the Love preached by Christ & the apostles are not tolerated by Christians.

Mosaic law says "an eye for an eye", while Christ preached forgiveness. That is what we stand by.
The instances i intended giving was not really in connection with Mosaic laws or judaic codec..

It is in relation to conformity to the alleged Will of God ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by johnydon22(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
Annunaki:

Bring it on, as I said earlier I am very clear of my beliefs. tongue

Alright Bro grin Since you asserted above that any religion with such tendency is from satan
Annunaki:
Since obviously Judaism which is the fundamental birth parent of Christianity also has similar atrocities (lets forget medieval christianity) of which you have divorced their scriptures because of such atrocities

Can we now conclude that the Old testament religion is actually from Satan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by chuose: 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by chiedu7: 6:02pm On Jan 08, 2016
I Bow for Islam oh, here a moslem is killing his mum

In the Quoran men are ordered to beat their wives

ALLAH TELLS MUSLIMS TO BEAT THEIR WIVES

Qur'an (38:44) -
"And take in your hand a green branch
AND BEAT HER WITH IT,

Qur'an (4:34) -
"Men are the maintainers of women because
Allah has made some of them to
....... BEAT THEM;

while the Christian God commands you love your wife

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV)
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES, even as Christ also loved the church,
and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:19
Husbands, LOVE YOUR WIVES,
and
BE NOT BITTER AGAINST THEM.
Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by tartar9(m): 7:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
johnydon22:
Islam is 50% of what is wrong with this planet.. Imagine some idiot killing his mother because he thinks he is fighting for a God he has never even seen before..

Just imagine how humans supposedly intelligent species are being turned into literal mor0ns by 1book with primitive theme.
so Islam says;you shall kill your mother
Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by Annunaki(m): 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
tartar9:

so Islam says;you shall kill your mother

Islam is worse than that.

1 Like

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by malvisguy212: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
johnydon22:

the old testament is part of the scripture, we are only to learn from it, In Romans 15:4 Paul wrote, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope."

The old covenant revealed sin. Paul
wrote:
Romans 3:20
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" .

The old testament cannot made man holy in God sight:

Hebrews 10:4 & 11 says,
"For it is not possible that the blood of
bulls and of goats should take away
sins." and verse 11 say, "And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins."

Jeremiah 31:31-34 - "Behold, the days
come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a
new covenant with the house of Israel,
and with the house of Judah: not
according to the covenant that I made
with their fathers in the day that I took
them by the hand to bring them out of
the land of Egypt; which my covenant
they brake, although I was a husband
unto them, saith Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: Islamic State Militant 'executes Own Mother' In Raqqa by sonmvayina(m): 11:37am On Jan 09, 2016
Annunaki:

you do know that it is the old testament that give any backing to the Jesus story..without the old testament, the new testament is useless..and the story of Jesus has no backing..it was Constantine that told Athanasius to add it to the new testament, so that they could sell the idea to the Jews and the world and stop them from waiting for the messiah, who obviously was going to be a man from the seed of David and going to free them from their enemy, build the third temple and restore the daily sacrifice to yaweh/Jehovah...

(1) (Reply)

Archbishop Duncan Williams Challenged To Debate By Muslim Fanatic / Can Someone Please Explain This Passage For Me?, / Mami Wata Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.