Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions (1432 Views)

Man Abandons His Young Wife And Kids, Moves In With Another Lady. Photos / I Need Your Opinions on my marriage / Can China’s One-child Policy Work In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
China has decided to end its decades-long one-child policy , according to reports. Couples will now be allowed to have two children starting from January 2016, as seen in a statement from the Communist party. The controversial policy was introduced nationally in 1979, to slow the population growth rate.
Can someone just tell you how many children to have To me it's quite absurd

Their reasons are:
1. Aging population
2. Labor shrinkage
3. Gender imbalance

Source: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/chinas-top-legislature-approves-new-two-child-policy
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by yinkuscious(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2016
Xen chun chen kish ranchen changchung
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by Miami11: 8:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nigeria should follow suit.

5 Likes

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by Pidggin(f): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
Who cares, they have killed so many of their girls already, bunch of loose.rs

2 Likes

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
Miami11:
Do Nigerians ever obey rules at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pidggin:
Who cares, they have killed so many of their girls already, bunch of loose.rs
Wow! This is huge!
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2016
yinkuscious:
Xen chun chen kish ranchen changchung
God understands!!!

1 Like

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by KINGOFJAPAN: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Miami11:
Even tho your comment reeks of spite.. I'll have to agree with you on dx one... We too many for dx country

1 Like

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by TV01(m): 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
healthyarena:
China has decided to end its decades-long one-child policy , the state-run Xinhua news agency reports. Couples will now be allowed to have two children, it said, citing a statement from the Communist
Party. The controversial policy was introduced nationally in 1979, to slow the population growth rate.
Can someone just tell you how many children to have To me it's quite absurd

Their reasons are:
1. Aging population
2. Labor shrinkage
3. Gender imbalance
You essentially nailed it in the bold. No one has the right to legislate how many children a couple are allowed too have. So legislating for 2, is just as wrong as legislating for 1. This should not be subject to legal restraint or juridicial intervention.

Funnily enough, the issues they are facing are a direct result of the initial wrong-headed legislation. This "change" will not ultimately correct the ills engender by the initial law. Certainly not in the short term.

Meanwhile, the real ills that will result from the 1 child policy will soon start to manifest, even with really strong and harsh state controls. The sex imbalance alone. A whole cohort of men with no real chance of getting married or having families. No motivation, or focus to be settled and productive member of society.

The few women available will be in super high demand sha grin!

TV
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 5:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
TV01:

You essentially nailed it in the bold. No one has the right to legislate how many children a couple are allowed too have. So legislating for 2, is just as wrong as legislating for 1. This should not be subject to legal restraint or juridicial intervention.

Funnily enough, the issues they are facing are a direct result of the initial wrong-headed legislation. This "change" will not ultimately correct the ills engender by the initial law. Certainly not in the short term.

Meanwhile, the real ills that will result from the 1 child policy will soon start to manifest, even with really strong and harsh state controls. The sex imbalance alone. A whole cohort of men with no real chance of getting married or having families. No motivation, or focus to be settled and productive member of society.

The few women available will be in super high demand sha grin!

TV

The sex distribution should be good news for some females of other nationalities hoping to relocate, considering how important it would be to the Chinese men!

2 Likes

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:
Even tho your comment reeks of spite.. I'll have to agree with you on dx one... We too many for dx country
Do you think Nigerians will ever agree to such? Not in a thousand years!!!
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by KINGOFJAPAN: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2016
healthyarena:

Do you think Nigerians will ever agree to such? Not in a thousand years!!!
The ignorant ones among us need to be enlightened that is for the better... We breed like rats in Nigeria.. Give us another decade and we would've surpass USA and India

2 Likes

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by TV01(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2016
healthyarena:
The sex distribution should be good news for some females of other nationalities hoping to relocate, considering how important it would be to the Chinese men!
Possibly, but nature has a balance of male and female births. It's about 106 males to 100 females (given the grater risk to males). For China to rebalance their shortage with women of other nations, there will be a net shortage in other nations, all things being equal.

The highest status Chinese men will still get local partners. It's the lower status ones who will struggle, and it's these ones who will be less desirable to foreign women anyway.

But certainly some Chinese men will look - or even move - abroad, and they may make it easier to "bring wives in". ATBE, I'm not sure where Chinese men rank in the global desirability scale grin.

TV
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 11:41am On Jan 11, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:
The ignorant ones among us need to be enlightened that is for the better... We breed like rats in Nigeria.. Give us another decade and we would've surpass USA and India
You are very right! And considering that Nigeria is not even close to becoming a developed country, it's quite disheartening!

2 Likes

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 11:43am On Jan 11, 2016
TV01:

Possibly, but nature has a balance of male and female births. It's about 106 males to 100 females (given the grater risk to males). For China to rebalance their shortage with women of other nations, there will be a net shortage in other nations, all things being equal.

The highest status Chinese men will still get local partners. It's the lower status ones who will struggle, and it's these ones who will be less desirable to foreign women anyway.

But certainly some Chinese men will look - or even move - abroad, and they may make it easier to "bring wives in". ATBE, I'm not sure where Chinese men rank in the global desirability scale grin.

TV

Lolzzz that part where you said the lower class Chinese men will be less desirable to foreign women really got me cracking!!!
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by johnson232: 1:37pm On Jan 11, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:
My brother God bless u....
The govt should also come up with such policies, we are too many in this country...
Though I know our leaders are corrupt, but our population is also a contributing factor to the problems we are facing today...

How can only one man get married to 10 women, producing nothing less than 30 children....

We breed anyhow in this country, birth Control will go a long way in solving this nation's problems...
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by healthyarena(f): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
johnson232:

The govt should also come up with such policies, we are too many in this country...
Though I know our leaders are corrupt, but our population is also a contributing factor to the problems we are facing today...

How can only one man get married to 10 women, producing nothing less than 30 children....

We breed anyhow in this country, birth Control will go a long way in solving this nation's problems...
I don't think Nigeria has gotten to that level just yet!
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by johnson232: 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
healthyarena:

I don't think Nigeria has gotten to that level just yet!
I think we have past that level rather....
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by TV01(m): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
johnson232:

On what basis do you claim "we are too many"? And what problems does our population size lead to?

This is at best histrionic. Nigeria has the land mass, natural resourses and human capital to sustain a population - to a high standard of living - much larger than the one we have.

The problems faced are solely down to mis-management of resources. And such problems, unless dealt with at root, will persist whatever the population size. And it's odd that the leaders who you claim to be corrupt, are the same leaders you espct to come up with policies grin.

johnson232:
I think we have past that level rather....
Perhaps some data or facts to make your case? Emotional, assertions have little value here

TV
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by KINGOFJAPAN: 6:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
johnson232:

I know southerners won't have issues with birth control... But with the moslem northerners, it wont be easy.. Those peeps derived pleasure in breeding like rats and the fact that they are backed by their religion makes it worse..

2 Likes

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by johnson232: 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
TV01:

On what basis do you claim "we are too many"? And what problems does our population size lead to?

This is at best histrionic. Nigeria has the land mass, natural resourses and human capital to sustain a population - to a high standard of living - much larger than the one we have.

The problems faced are solely down to mis-management of resources. And such problems, unless dealt with at root, will persist whatever the population size. And it's odd that the leaders who you claim to be corrupt, are the same leaders you espct to come up with policies grin.

Perhaps some data or facts to make your case? Emotional, assertions have little value here

TV

How else can a country of over 170 million people living within considerably less than one million square kilometers of land— 923,768 sq km to be exact —be explained?

Nigeria’s population has successfully surpassed that of Russia, the country that occupies the largest amount of land on earth. Put in scale, our entire population of over 170 million resides in significantly less than the area occupied by two states in the U.S: California and Texas. our entire populace is compressed into (more than 2,000 sq km less) area occupied by about 60 million Americans.

Even an article published just recently in The Guardian points out that Nigeria’s fertility rate is too high and nothing is being done to curb it...
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by johnson232: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:

I know southerners won't have issues with birth control... But with the moslem northerners, it wont be easy.. Those peeps derived pleasure in breeding like rats and the fact that they are backed by their religion makes it worse..
U are absolutely right my brother....

Our Muslim brothers in the north are really abusing the purpose of procreation...
How can one man have 35 children! What for?

That is why boko haram keeps increasing on daily basis, because of the population over there. Even patience Jonathan once made reference to it. It's a great shame....

I know our government has issues, but so does our social perception of the situation, with regard to overpopulation. Nigeria will be a much better place with a few less citizens clamoring for resources. The needs of more children would be met, equal education could be a possibility, and we could possibly live up to the potential of our vast human resources.....

But with our present population, the above isn't feasible...
Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by KINGOFJAPAN: 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
johnson232:

U are absolutely right my brother....

Our Muslim brothers in the north are really abusing the purpose of procreation...
How can one man have 35 children! What for?

That is why boko haram keeps increasing on daily basis, because of the population over there. Even patience Jonathan once made reference to it. It's a great shame....

I know our government has issues, but so does our social perception of the situation, with regard to overpopulation. Nigeria will be a much better place with a few less citizens clamoring for resources. The needs of more children would be met, equal education could be a possibility, and we could possibly live up to the potential of our vast human resources.....

But with our present population, the above isn't feasible...
Exactly... 2 child per family is what naija needs... polygamy should be banned too cos it's aiding over population... Buh once again northerners will the issue.. Our Shameless northern senator's won't let it see the break of day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Moves To Two Child Policy; Your Opinions by TV01(m): 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
johnson232:
How else can a country of over 170 million people living within considerably less than one million square kilometers of land— 923,768 sq km to be exact —be explained?
And why is this a problem? Nigeria ia not a densely populated country by any stretch of the imagination: approximately #73 in the world rankings undecided - https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

johnson232:
Nigeria’s population has successfully surpassed that of Russia, the country that occupies the largest amount of land on earth. Put in scale, our entire population of over 170 million resides in significantly less than the area occupied by two states in the U.S: California and Texas. our entire populace is compressed into (more than 2,000 sq km less) area occupied by about 60 million Americans.
As above, so what? I'm sure we could find any two US states with more densely populated than Nigeria. There are areas of how and low density everywhere, even in Nigeria. Suffice to say, we have the land and resourced to comfortably cater for a population much larger than what we currently have.

johnson232:
Even an article published just recently in The Guardian points out that Nigeria’s fertility rate is too high and nothing is being done to curb it...
Too high for what exactly? And what of our mortality rate? People die, sudden and unexpected deaths by a myriad of ghastly ways in Nigeria; ethnic tension, sectarian violence, road travel, air travel, sea travel, poor medical delivery - even pregnancy is disproportionately risky in Nigeria, abortion, political thuggery, ritual murders, disease, depression, brain-faag, wild animals, end-time boyfriends/girlfriends, beastly husbands, devious wives, crazed children sef join, arm robber, rogue so-called men-of-god, witch-hunting self declared women-of-god, village enemies, fake drug, real hard drugs, adulterated foods, wicked bosses, green-eyed neighbours, jealous friends, envious family, cultism, occultism, extra judicial killings, ancestral curses, real and imagined enemies, alcohol, cigarettes, air pollution, environmental depredation, etc. We of all nations need a high fertility/birthrate na.

And as a policy, it is simply wrong. If a country has a falling birthrate, should women and/or families be forced to have a minimum number of children?

Your championing of such policies is wrong, your basis for championing them are wrong, and the support - or rather lack of - you've provided, are also wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, thrice wrong. Please repent grin.

TV

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help I Need Ur Candid Advice-family ISSUE / Kids And Food: 10 Tips For Parents / 5-year Old Girl Catches Parents Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.