Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? (3073 Views)

Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. / Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank / CRV Enters Reverse Gears Only In The Mornings. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by BOLAUWA: 9:02am On Jan 09, 2016
My dear car gurus of nairaland , please help me out on this. My car (toyota camry pencil light) has been performing well until about 3weeks ago when I noticed that the car refuses to start only in the mornings until I tap on the auto-kick. Thereafter, it works perfectly until the next morning again when it will refuse to start again until I hit the auto-kick. My electician advised me to change the auto-kick, which I have done 3 times, but the problem persists . I am gettin frustrated, pls help me out. Thanks a lot.
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by kingreign(m): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2016
BOLAUWA:
My dear car gurus of nairaland , please help me out on this. My car has been performing well until about 3weeks ago when I noticed that the car refuses to start only in the mornings until I tap on the auto-kick. Thereafter, it works perfectly until the next morning again when it will refuse to start again until I hit the auto-kick. My electician advised me to change the auto-kick, which I have done 3 times, but the problem persists . I am gettin frustrated, pls help me out. Thanks a lot.

What is a'uto-kick' again kwa?
Pictures of the 'auto-kick' and what type of car is that sef?

1 Like

Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by colossus2: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2016
kingreign:

What is a'uto-kick' again kwa?
Pictures of the 'auto-kick' and what type of car is that sef?
Speed boat grin
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by BOLAUWA: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2016
Tanx a lot for ur concern. Its a toyota camry pencil light. That is toyota camry 1999 model. Dont know if am gettin the name of the part wrongly, but the electrician and friends said its auto-kick. Its suppose to start up the engine. Thanks. More comments are welcome.
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by iamLeo(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2016
I guess u mean 'kick starter'
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by Amono: 10:55am On Jan 09, 2016
your carbon brushes are worn out in the starter motor. You can replace the entire motor replaced (recommended) or replace the carbon brushes.
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by Amono: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2016
your carbon brushes are worn out in the starter motor. You can replace the entire motor replaced (recommended) or replace the carbon brushes.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiOzZ2SU4qQHAgaefHxRc91kCOePzUWSTaz8RSFyU_v_hhxqJt[/img]
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by kingreign(m): 11:05am On Jan 09, 2016
BOLAUWA:
Tanx a lot for ur concern. Its a toyota camry pencil light. That is toyota camry 1999 model. Dont know if am gettin the name of the part wrongly, but the electrician and friends said its auto-kick. Its suppose to start up the engine. Thanks. More comments are welcome.

Oh kick starter?

Replace the damn thing joor. And that car would never have to be 'tapped' for it to start in mornings (at least for now) smiley
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by BOLAUWA: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2016
Tanx people, really very grateful. Bt av changed the kickstarter 3 tyms, d problem persists. Una too much smileyTanx people, really very grateful. Bt av changed the kickstarter 3 tyms, d problem persists. Una too much
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by mayor2013: 11:20am On Jan 09, 2016
BOLAUWA:
My dear car gurus of nairaland , please help me out on this. My car (toyota camry pencil light) has been performing well until about 3weeks ago when I noticed that the car refuses to start only in the mornings until I tap on the auto-kick. Thereafter, it works perfectly until the next morning again when it will refuse to start again until I hit the auto-kick. My electician advised me to change the auto-kick, which I have done 3 times, but the problem persists . I am gettin frustrated, pls help me out. Thanks a lot.

Get a replacement starter motor from a known good source. You said you have changed the starter motor 3 times? Get some1 else to help you check. That mechanicbis drilling a large hole in your pocket

1 Like

Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 09, 2016
Starter motor is not something that is known to fail frequently, something is wrong somewhere. Probably you are replacing with nearly bad ones or your key is not returning properly or you drive the motor for too long when trying to start the vehicle probably due to consistent hard starting (First point is most reasonable and likely).
In essence, It's better you identify the root cause of the problem.
Re: My Car Refuses To Start Only In The Mornings, Auto-kick? by auhanson(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
colossus2:

Speed boat grin

Speed boat Toyota. I thought Toyota has available mechanic everywhere that can trash any kind of abuses? angry

My Bro don't change the kick starter again. By now you would have had a lot of spare ones. Just open them all and look for what is called brushes(carbon brushes) , just replace the brushes in the starter motto with the ones you could buy from a spare part shop then have your spare kick starters all over you again, in which case you would only need one of them for now.

But before you install back to the car, make sure your key usually return back properly after kicking, else do so by your self consciously(or replace the key) The brushes shouldn't cost you more than N1,500.00 depending on your market and area. Good luck

(1) (Reply)

Infiniti G37 Vs Acura Tl / Motoring Club Of Nigeria / Please, I Need Reviews Of These Two Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.