Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful (1190 Views)

Nigerians Storm Instagram Page Of The NG-ARG Refree To blast Him / Yaya Touré And Tanika Bailey Kissing In Bed (Photo) / Manchester Arena Blast: Yaya Toure, Agent Donates £100,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by Dollar101(m): 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2016
Manchester City midfielder, Yaya Toure, has expressed his anger after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang was named the CAF African Footballer of the Year, ahead of him.

The Ivorian had won the prize for four consecutive years until Thursday, when Aubameyang took it home, thanks to votes by coaches and technical directors of African national teams.

“I’m very, very disappointed,” Toure said.

“I think this is what brings shame to Africa. Because to behave in this way, it is indecent!

“But what can we do? We Africans, we do not show that Africa is important to us. We focus more outside our own continent. That is pathetic!

“It’s sad to see Africa react this way, that they don’t think African achievements are important.”

The 32-year-old also claimed that Aubameyang won because of his excellent displays in Bundesliga, where he plays for Borussia Dortmund and not his showing at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations.

“I give an example: Lionel Messi has won all the trophies but [if] Cristiano Ronaldo has the award [the 2015 FIFA Ballon d’Or], what would you say? It would be unfair!

“FIFA, even with all the stories of corruption, would not do that! I believe that today, with what happened, CAF will go there too.” Toure implied he might be quitting any continental event, saying he would look after himself and forget Africa.

“Yaya will look after Yaya and Yaya will allow Africa be.

“As I often say, do not care too much for Africa because Africa will be the first to let you down.”

Still, he congratulated Aubameyang, saying: “You were brilliant.”

Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by benedictnsi(m): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
Yaya Toure should go and sleep no be your birth-right ..... D time weh dem rob Enyama, carry am give am he no talk anything Na now he know say Na politics........

Aubameyang recently since last season plays and scores well etc..... I mean d guy deserve it more than Toure this time.
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by geesilver(m): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2016
Yaya must be a bad loser just like our own PDP.....complaining bitterly of every thing just because he taught he is the best candidate for the award........I don't blame him, it was the francophone conspiracy that help him win it even when there was a better candidate in Mikel Obi then, so he can run his mouth like he has a diarrhea.
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by dulux07(m): 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2016
Africans. We r always d cause of our problems. Even if u deserved it, must u try disgrace africa publicly, m happy it boomeranged. Cry cry for cake.
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by Dollar101(m): 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2016

Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by taiyesoul(f): 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
Demented and disgruntled ideeot called Yaya Toure.D title na ur birthright?.Why not kuku ma organise ur own soccer award and crown urself Africa's best?.Oponu buruku yi.
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by Tolexander: 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2016
No be today yaya don dey childish!

Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by Dollar101(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2016
dulux07:
Africans. We r always d cause of our problems. Even if u deserved it, must u try disgrace africa publicly, m happy it boomeranged. Cry cry for cake.
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2016
Yaya should go and sit down. He wasn't better than Aubumeyang last year. If nations cup trophy was to determine the winner, then Abou Trika of Egypt should have won it in 2006, 2008 and 2010(beside, dude deserved it then).
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by balash(m): 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2016
Silly dude!! When you won inplace of Mikel in his own country. You didn't deem it fit saying caf was biased? Silly dude. Always looks like a quiet person but he ain't shit.
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by Dollar101(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09, 2016
balash:
Silly dude!! When you won inplace of Mikel in his own country. You didn't deem it fit saying caf was biased? Silly dude. Always looks like a quiet person but he ain't shit.

Exactly what I said mehn...this dude is just full of himself
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by Arsenate(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2016
The only person disgracing Africa is you Yaya
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2016
The only difference btw yaya and Olamide is one is a footballer the other a musician
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by bennymcnonny(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
This Yaya is Sick. No wonder he was giving that treacherous smile during d awards
Re: Nigerians & United Kindom Unite To Blast Yaya Toure For Calling Africa Shameful by donbenie(m): 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2016
Somebody give that man a cake!

(1) (Reply)

Should Siasia Continue As Super Coach Or Do We Hire A Foreign Coach?? / The New Special Kid: Alex Nwobi / Nigerian Fans Don’t Ask Me For Autographs, They Ask For Boots, Money." - Iwobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.