Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! (848 Views)

Read This When You’re Tired Of Everything / Bisi Alimi Threatens To ‘light Up’ Woman After She Slams Him For Cursing Nigeria / !amebo No1 And Her Husband Confilass: Can You Two Stop Cursing All Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by ziga: 9:52pm On Jun 17, 2009
A lot of Nigerians out there have no idea what it is like living in Nigeria. Even though the situation is not the best (its quite bad lipsrsealed), the things you hear coming from "exiled Nigerians" will set off a red alert in the head of anybody considering relocating.

We are the only ones who can make things better, and the bad names you create about Nigeria today (even if it may be true for now) will never melt away, even after things have become better - am sure everyone remembers "Ghana must go". Bad names never go away!

I'm not saying we shouldn't criticize. But if, in your heart you really do not wish for things to get better, or you are not doing anything to make things better, and you say bad stuff about Nigeria, you are not really criticizing, you are cursing Nigeria.

Ciriticizing is when you say things that you know somehow will affect the life of whatever you criticize positively. It is kind of like raising a child, you beat him for an offence, and you give him a big hug the next minute.

I have had the priviledge of visiting some very small countries, with nothing. Their people are not rich, they don't care about flashy things the way we do in Nigeria, they don't even have a university, they don't drive big cars. They have steady electricity, but they have interruptions in their water supply.

But with all these that they lack, their greatest pride is in their country. They all wear the colors of their flag for up to 1 week during their independence celebrations. Let us talk about the bad, but let us also look for the good and make equal noise about it.

The greatest problem of Nigeria is with Nigerians, and not even much of the corrupt officials. I say this because i know that if we have pride in our country and we genuinely want to make it better, we will stop cursing our beloved child, and we'll be more considerate of others and we will be able to stand together as one people and chase the bad, corrupt leaders out of office.
Re: I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by MrCrackles(m): 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2009
Poster
Ok

Fuc/k Nigeria, you cool with that?
Re: I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by ziga: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
MrCrackles:

Poster
Ok

Fuc/k Nigeria, you cool with that?

I don't mean people like you  wink. Dem people wey i dey follow talk already know themselves!!!

Cheers.
Re: I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by MrCrackles(m): 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2009
ziga:

I don't mean people like you  wink. Dem people wey i dey follow talk already know themselves!!!

Cheers.

Lolz grin
Re: I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by luxoire(f): 11:13am On Jun 18, 2009
Nija will always be Naija - with its ppl, its government and lifestyle - its part of teh reason why they are rising greatly in African,, it is also the reason why they get negative publicity

you cant run away from it - 9ja's biggest strength is also its biggest weakness
Re: I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by ziga: 1:44pm On Jun 18, 2009
@luxoire

I agree with you. But sometimes, with the way people speak, they will convincingly tell you that there is absolutely nothing good that works in Nigeria. Yet, so many good things have come out of Naija (moi grin)

We are our own worst enemies, always at each other's throat, and trying to feel more important than the next guy.

I think we can big up and seriously improve on the good side of Nigeria, and this will gradually overshadow the bad. This can only be possible if we work together positively (not negatively), then we can be strong enough to chase out dem bad people!
Re: I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by luxoire(f): 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
ziga:

@luxoire

I agree with you. But sometimes, with the way people speak, they will convincingly tell you that there is absolutely nothing good that works in Nigeria. Yet, so many good things have come out of Naija (moi grin)

We are our own worst enemies, always at each other's throat, and trying to feel more important than the next guy.

I think we can big up and seriously improve on the good side of Nigeria, and this will gradually overshadow the bad. This can only be possible if we work together positively (not negatively), then we can be strong enough to chase out dem bad people!

that one is ideal politics - you sound set to be a politician - tell ppl what they want to hear!
as far ppl are concerned its anyman form himself! - yet they pull together to better each other - maybe it will improve things as you say - but who's to say the greedy, selfish attitude of nigerians is not what has prospered its capitalist economy? look at more of the peaceful, docile ' community' countries like Cameroon huge potential, but no one actually bothered or selfish or entreprenerial enough to go get it

like everything else it is one of those things we have to live with unfortunately
Re: I Am Tired Of People Cursing Nigeria! by ziga: 5:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
@luxoire

I don't have 1 drop of politician blood in me ooo. Am just a regular guy who is tired of all the mess.

luxoire:

but who's to say the greedy, selfish attitude of nigerians is not what has prospered its capitalist economy? look at more of the peaceful, docile ' community' countries like Cameroon huge potential, but no one actually bothered or selfish or entreprenerial enough to go get it

You might have a point there, but looking @ the way we are right now, that attitude may result in our self destruction.

I just think it might be possible for us make efforts that might help us get the right mix of "greed, selfishness, peacefulness and docility.

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Games Website? / Fl Gators Is Stalking My Brother! I Want Her Off His Back! / Scam By Dana Air: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.