Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same (2674 Views)

Is Being A Morally Good Person Enough For God? / Is It Morally Right For A Pastor To Use A Phone To Read Out Bible? / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 7:51am On Jan 10, 2016
I find it distasteful how we tend to justify the actions and commands from God as represented in the bible to be morally good.
we assume that whatever God said or does to be necessarily morally right, whether or not it is morally reprehensive. It doesn't matter our humanly (mundane) perception of such actions, either because we couldn't see the bigger picture or that we don't know the mind of God (just God can do anything)

These numerous actions and commands ranges from killing every living thing by flooding, ground opening up and swallowing people opposing the leadership of Moses , killing of neighboring people (towns) around Israeli settlements, turning lot's wife to salt for mere looking back at a burning city, and many similar hideous Divine events as recorded in the bible and other holy books.
If it is moral for God to do all these things, wouldn't it be morally upright for a person to do them too. If the answer is no, does that means there is set of morals for a God and another set of rules that govern us.

The idea that it is immoral for me to kill someone, but then replace me with God, it will be morally justified. I can't imagine in 2kings chap 2:23-24 where God sent bears that killed 42 kids because they mocked an old man. Is it morally justified for anyone to do same as an authority. How is it good to send bears to kill some youths because they didn't do any other thing than name calling at this point.

Take the cases of Adolf Hitler of Western Germany wink and Idi Amin of Uganda, should we say that they are justified for consuming millions of lives for no just cause other than being authorities.

It seems to me as this saying goes "do as i said but don't do as i do" scenario where a person that assumed supreme position of leadership or authority can do anything at all and it
automatically become justifiably good.

bxcode, lacasticala

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2016
End time
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by CHARLOE(m): 11:15am On Jan 10, 2016
@ op, i've asked similar questions severally; what rights do d IsrAelites, for example, have to invade a peaceful city like Jericho/Canaan? these people of Canaan had developed their land n agriculture to produce larger Dan normal food crops, were well fed n looked bigger Dan d average man dat d IsrAeli spies described dem as giants.
This peAceful n prosperous city was invaded n attacked by d Israelites, plundered, massacred n taken over. fast forward thousands of yrs later, xtians are celebrating dis invasion n genocidal attack in churches, singing; 'd walls of Jericho came down flat'

3 Likes

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by ValentineMary(m): 11:29am On Jan 10, 2016
Thanks bro for that nice piece. But am sure guys like winner01, vooks, hcpaul, etc would still want to defend their imaginary friend.
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by vooks: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
ValentineMary:
Thanks bro for that nice piece. But am sure guys like winner01, vooks, hcpaul, etc would still want to defend their imaginary friend.

Idiot,
If you miss me just say so
If you need my input, make your request
If you love my moniker, feel free to name your son...he may just take up my exceptional intelligence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
CHARLOE:
@ op, i've asked similar questions severally; what rights do d IsrAelites, for example, have to invade a peaceful city like Jericho/Canaan? these people of Canaan had developed their land n agriculture to produce larger Dan normal food crops, were well fed n looked bigger Dan d average man dat d IsrAeli spies described dem as giants.
This peAceful n prosperous city was invaded n attacked by d Israelites, plundered, massacred n taken over. fast forward thousands of yrs later, xtians are celebrating dis invasion n genocidal attack in churches, singing; 'd walls of Jericho came down flat'

There is no apparent reason for such command and massacre. This is like ancient tribal war between communities, each pledging for the voice of an assumed deity to help them to wipe their opponents.

I always posit that even the most wicked nation on earth now are much more morally upright than the Bible's representation of the activities of ancient Isrealite.

1 Like

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
vooks:

Idiot,
If you love my moniker, feel free to name your son...he may just take up my exceptional intelligence

Nice and godly reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
to start with, do you believe that God exist?
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by johnydon22(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
Yaksson:
to start with, do you believe that God exist?
He does not need to think Gandalf exists to discuss the character Gandalf as written in the pages of LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R Tolkien.. does he?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by ValentineMary(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
vooks:

Idiot,
If u call the product of ur brain intelligence, then we have to redefine the word intelligence.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Richirich713: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2016
Aah the irony of atheists who have no moral foundation. No true right or wrong rather "don't do that cuz in my opinion it's wrong", pure subjective morality at its best. Everyone in the crew has their own opinion on what they call a crooked line.

"My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust...? Of course, I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was nothing but a private idea of my own. But if I did that, then my argument against God collapsed too—for the argument depended on saying that the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen to please my private fancies. Thus in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist—in other words, that the whole of reality was senseless—I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality—namely my idea of justice—was full of sense. Consequently, atheism turns out to be too simple" - CS Lewis

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by malvisguy212: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
menesheh:

The idea that it is immoral for me to kill someone, but then replace me with God, it will be morally justified. I can't imagine in 2kings chap 2:23-24 where God sent bears that killed 42 kids because they mocked an old man. Is it morally justified for anyone to do same as an authority. How is it good to send bears to kill some youths because they didn't do any other thing than name calling at this point.
firstly, they are not children, they are young men, the king James translation also use the same word concerning the isrealite, ( the children of isreal) are the isrealite ALL children ? The rest translation translated YOUNG MEN.

Secondly, the Text say "Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.” they are more than 42, this is large demonstrations of this youth, two ordinary bear cannot eat 42 youth. Let us read the verse again.

2 Kings 2:23–24
23 He went up from there to Bethel, and
while he was going up on the way, some
small boys came out of the city and
jeered at him, saying, “Go up, you
baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” 24 And
he turned around, and when he saw
them, che cursed them in the name of
the Lord. And two she-bears came out of
the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.

We are not talking about 42 youth, we are talking about LARGE numbers of people, furthermore, this youth mock him saying "go up their you baldheaded ".it is more than making fun of baldness, it is in reference to elijah his master, who God took, they are mocking the way God took elijah, by saying to elisha"go up there" . This is large group of youth demonstrating against God prophet. Elisha pray and God heard him.
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
johnydon22:
He does not need to think Gandalf exists to discuss the character Gandalf as written in the pages of LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R Tolkien.. does he?
my question was simple and personal, it wasnt directed to u, but to the op. kindly stay mute. thanks.

1 Like

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
malvisguy212:
firstly, they are not children, they are young men, the king James translation also use the same word concerning the isrealite, ( the children of isreal) are the isrealite ALL children ? The rest translation translated YOUNG MEN.

Secondly, the Text say "Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.” they are more than 42, this is large demonstrations of this youth, two ordinary bear cannot eat 42 youth. Let us read the verse again.

We are not talking about 42 youth, we are talking about LARGE numbers of people, furthermore, this youth mock him saying "go up their you baldheaded ".it is more than making fun of baldness, it is in reference to elijah his master, who God took, they are mocking the way God took elijah, by saying to elisha"go up there" . This is large group of youth demonstrating against God prophet. Elisha pray and God heard him.
thank you

1 Like

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
malvisguy212:

First of all, i can't imagine a sane person believing for a second a book based on translations upon translations, copies upon copies by different people that assume absolute authority over a book in the cause of thousands of years.

Second is that you pick and choose the point you feel you can easily defend thereby evading to comment on the central theme of the post.
Now tell me, is there any time it is justifiable to kill a human on the context of making mockery of a prophet. Are Muslims justified by killing people because of the cartoon of their prophet.

This is like assuming a position or a believe system, then start scrambling for any possible justification to cover up errors inherent in the believe system.

1 Like

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
ValentineMary:
Why do you care about theists this much? undecided
Do you care this much for your family members who are theists?
You invest so much time in others and leave your folks to wallow in their mud of "delusions". Shows you are timid, insecure, confused, unstable and being hateful especially to your folks.

I only needed to read the topic to know that its the same stale rant on a God you don't believe.
And i believe i've asked the following questions on this topic of morality severally with no sensible answer from any atheist.
What is morality?
Where did morality come from?
Couldn't morality also be an indoctrination?
Is there a universal standard for morality?
Did society reach a consensus to define what morality is, putting into consideration the desires/orientation of rapists, ritualists, robbers, paedophiles e.t.c.?
How can we rely on a moral guide passed on to us from ancient stone age men whose level of sanity couldn't be verified.?
Seems to me like you have dropped christianity but are still holding on to its definition of morality, don't ask, i'm sure you've never probed the origination of morality.?
Who is moral.?
How can i be compelled to follow man-made laws which subdue and immobilizes my personal orientations? Isnt that tyranny?

You say we are animals on one hand, and then tell us that we are naturally good even when evidence proves the contrary https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8EC0A1C97517C929

If morality is subjective as the atheist believes, then no human (none atall) can ever make sense on what is good and what is not as long as i'm pleased with what i'm doing.
Every thing is permissible because what you consider good might be bad to an assassin.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/peoplegood.html

A more reasonable atheist has made a great point in the picture below. This world is a causeless and meaningless coincidence right, then why try to make meaning of the meaningless? undecided

And menehsheh; Atheism has caused more havoc than all religious groups put together.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/atrocities.html

You're screwed. Lets just survive airheads. angry !!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
ValentineMary:
winner01
In other news, now that you've mentioned me, may i make my presence known? grin

"It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion." -Francis Bacon

"If you don't believe in God, all you have to believe in is decency. Decency is very good. Better decent than indecent. But I don't think it's enough."
-Harold Macmillan

"What you don't understand is that it is possible to be an atheist, it is possible not to know if God exists or why He should, and yet to believe that man does not live in a state of nature but in history, and that history as we know it now began with Christ, it was founded by Him on the Gospels."
-Boris Pasternak

"No one can be an unbeliever nowadays. The Christian Apologists have left one nothing to disbelieve."
-Hector Hugh Munro

"An atheist is a man who believes himself an accident."
~ Francis Thompson

"Among the repulsions of atheism for me has been its drastic uninterestingness as an intellectual position. Where was the ingenuity, the ambiguity, the humanity (in the Harvard sense) of saying that the universe just happened to happen and that when we're dead we're dead?"
-John Updike

"Atheism is rather in the life than in the heart of man."
-Francis Bacon

"Atheism is the result of ignorance and pride; of strong sense and feeble reasons; of good eating and ill-living. It is the plague of society, the corrupter of manners, and the underminer of property."
-Jeremy Collier

"A disbelief in God does not result in a belief in nothing; disbelief in God usually results in a belief in anything." -Arthur Lynch

"The only atheism is the denial of truth."-Arthur Lynch

"He who never thirsts for God here, will thirst for Him before he has been dead a minute."- B. North

"The three great apostles of practical atheism, that make converts without persecuting, and retain them without preaching, are wealth, health and power."
-C C Colton

"Atheist's don't exist. If you ask anyone why they are an atheist they will proceed to explain their religion of non belief." -Monksarnn

"An atheist is one who hopes the Lord will do nothing to disturb his disbelief." -Franklin P. Jones

"To doubt is not sin, but to be contented to remain in doubt when God has provided "many infallible proofs" to cure it, is." -Irwin H. Linton

"There is no being eloquent for atheism. In that exhausted receiver the mind cannot use its wings,- the clearest proof that it is out of its element." -Hare

"No man will say, "There is no God" 'till he is so hardened in sin that it has become his interest that there should be none to call him to account." -Mathew Henry

"No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court."
-Arkansas State Constitution

"That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of God; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution.” -Maryland State Constitution

"No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state."- Mississippi State Constitution

"The following persons shall be disqualified for office: First, any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God."- North Carolina State Constitution

"No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office under this Constitution." -South Carolina State Constitution

"No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state."- Tennessee State Constitution

"No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being. -Texas State Constitution"

"No person who acknowledges the being of a God and a future state of rewards and punishments shall, on account of his religious sentiments, be disqualified to hold any office or place of trust or profit under this Commonwealth." -Pennsylvania State Constitution

"Again, I hear almost everyday from atheists who write off religion as primitive, premodern nonsense. I summon Aquinas, Augustine, Paul [of Tarsus], Teresa of Avila, Joseph Ratzinger, and Edith Stein--in all their intellectual rigor--as allies in the the struggle against this dismissive atheism." -Fr Robert Barron.

“If there were no God, there would be no atheists.”-GK Chesterton. (I love this one grin, ive always spoken of the atheists obsession for God)

"The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful, and has nobody to thank."- Dante Gabriel Rossetti

"The atheist can appeal to nothing absolute, nothing objectively true for all people, it is just mere opinion enforced by might. The Christian appeals to a standard outside himself/herself in which truth and qualitative values can be made sense of." -Peter Huff

"There are those who hate Christianity and call their hatred an all-embracing love for all religions."- G.K. Chesterton

"A great many of those who 'debunk' traditional...values have in the background values of their own which they believe to be immune from the debunking process."- C.S. Lewis

"I was at this time of living, like so many Atheists or Anti-theists, in a whirl of contradictions. I maintained that God did not exist. I was also very angry with God for not existing. I was equally angry with Him for creating a world." C.S. Lewis

"God exist whether or not men may choose to believe in Him. The reason why many people do not believe in God is not so much that it is intellectually impossible to believe in God, but because belief in God forces that thoughtful person to face the fact that he is accountable to such a God."- Robert A. Laidlaw

"Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God. "-Tom Stoppard

"Still, even the most admirable of atheists is nothing more than a moral parasite, living his life based on borrowed ethics. This is why, when pressed, the atheist will often attempt to hide his lack of conviction in his own beliefs behind some poorly formulated utilitarianism, or argue that he acts out of altruistic self-interest. But this is only post-facto rationalization, not reason or rational behavior."- Vox Day

"Atheists are idiots."-The Masked Angel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
GOD is the creator of all things- the universe was not as a result of luck, or chance, it was created by someone supreme! I am an Inorganic chemist, I have studied a lot of chemical and nuclear reactions, these things happened only in a controlled environment and not by chance at all, take a look at the DNA, a crystallographic model would blow the mind of any atheist, it takes a supreme being to engineer something of high technicality, yet very small and not seen by the human eye. consider the processes involved in electron transfers, you will be very stupid to think than an electron will even exist on its own, out of what? what created the atom that makes up all elements like hydrogen and beryllium? why are their atoms very different? who created the charges in both protons and electrons? do you think the evolution of the earth as at other planet a coincidence? what about the magnetic field of gravity, what is its cause? young men and women we scientist can only discover and wonder in amusement what has already existed, even our new inventions are things that we can not fully explain.
GOD is all knowing- it is true what an old man sees while siting a young child would not even when he climbs an iroko tree, God knows the future and controls it as He pleases to suite mankind, He gives us the right to follow our wills and desires so we became evil, evil must be punished, God uses human to punish you of your sins somethings (read on the sons of Solomon), so all what you said about the Canaanites and people of jericho are God's wisdom. who are you to compare yourself with God? can u even see him and live? can you create life out of nothing? so because God in his wisdom punished or allowed some people to suffer, you think you have right to do the same? well goodluck my brother. my humble advice? "Rather not live like there isn't a God, than die and find out there really is"-Kendrick Lamar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
If God created man, then how could man ever probe God's existence with his created senses. - ME grin

"Plenty of people name their children Christian. No one wants to name their child Atheist." - Anonymous

I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.--Abraham Lincoln

If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. --Evelyn Underhill

"How else can you fight God but to pretend He doesn't exist?" - Chris Bowyer

If we were to judge nature by common sense or likelihood, we wouldn't believe the world existed. --Annie Dillard

To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge" --Ravi Zacharias

Without God man has no reference point to define himself. 20th century philosophy manifests the chaos of man seeking to understand himself as a creature with dignity while having no reference point for that dignity. --R. C. Sproul

I hope for the day when everyone can speak again of God without embarrassment. --Paul Tillich

Those who believe they believe in God but without passion in the heart, without anguish of mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, and even at times without despair, believe only in the idea of God, and not in God himself. --Madeleine L'Engle

A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol. --Deitrich Bonhoeffer

I'm still an atheist, thank God.
Luis Bunuel

If atheism spread, it would become a religion as intolerable as the ancient ones. --Gustave le Bon

You think you are too intelligent to believe in God. I am not like you. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Can one be a saint if God does not exist? That is the only concrete problem I know of today. ?Albert Camus

By night, an atheist half-believes in God. ?Edward Young

If there be a God and one has never sought him, it will be small consolation to remember that one could not get proof of his existence. ?George MacDonald

A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower. --C.S. Lewis

We may seek God by our intellect, but we only can find him with our heart. ?Cotvos

I believe in God as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. --C. S. Lewis

"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." - Heywood Broun

"If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion." - Edmond and Jules de Goncourt

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." - C.S. Lewis

"It is largely because the free-thinkers, as a school, have hardly made up their minds whether they want to be more optimist or more pessimist than Christianity that their small but sincere movement has failed. For the duel is deadly; and any agnostic who wishes to be anything more than a Nihilist must sympathize with one version of nature or the other." - GK Chesterton

"The atheist has no hope." - J.F. Clarke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello to all.

It is obvious that people in order to legitimize their actions often use the rhetoric "God told me to do so". But any action that opposes Love and Justice are clearly not from God. That people or any religious book claim those acts to have been perpetrated by God is inconsequential and irrelevant.

The laws of God are an expression of the will of God and are therefore perfect and immutable. Hence, even God cannot break his own law. As a consequence God cannot lie, steal, rape, murder, or commit any crime, nor order anyone to commit those crimes. It is men that promulgates laws and later on break them, or change them upon realising that those laws were not perfect.

Why would God break a law that he himself has promulgated? Thus every Law of God is accounted for and an expression of his perfect will and can never be improved upon.

To sum up, God never and will never carry out acts that contradicts Justice or Love. When People or religious books claim that God did or told them to do things that are not consistent with the nature of God and his laws, they are simply wrong. That's why Religion and Spirituality are not one and the same thing.

Cheerful greetings to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
winner01:
Why do you care about theists this much? undecided
Do you care this much for your family members who are theists?
You invest so much time in others and leave your folks to wallow in their mud of "delusions". Shows you are timid, insecure, confused, unstable and being hateful especially to your folks.

I only needed to read the topic to know that its the same stale rant on a God you don't believe.
And i believe i've asked the following questions on this topic of morality severally with no sensible answer from any atheist.
What is morality?
Where did morality come from?
Couldn't morality also be an indoctrination?
Is there a universal standard for morality?
Did society reach a consensus to define what morality is, putting into consideration the desires/orientation of rapists, ritualists, robbers, paedophiles e.t.c.?
How can we rely on a moral guide passed on to us from ancient stone age men whose level of sanity couldn't be verified.?
Seems to me like you have dropped christianity but are still holding on to its definition of morality, don't ask, i'm sure you've never probed the origination of morality.?
Who is moral.?
How can i be compelled to follow man-made laws which subdue and immobilizes my personal orientations? Isnt that tyranny?

You say we are animals on one hand, and then tell us that we are naturally good even when evidence proves the contrary https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8EC0A1C97517C929

If morality is subjective as the atheist believes, then no human (none atall) can ever make sense on what is good and what is not as long as i'm pleased with what i'm doing.
Every thing is permissible because what you consider good might be bad to an assassin.
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/peoplegood.html

A more reasonable atheist has made a great point in the picture below. This world is a causeless and meaningless coincidence right, then why try to make meaning of the meaningless? undecided

You're screwed. Lets just survive airheads. angry

All of these are logical fallacies. The predominant fallacy is from ignorant. Sorry not meant to offend you.
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
menesheh:

First of all, i can't imagine a sane person believing for a second a book based on translations upon translations, copies upon copies by different people that assume absolute authority over a book in the cause of thousands of years.

Second is that you pick and choose the point you feel you can easily defend thereby evading to comment on the central theme of the post.
Now tell me, is there any time it is justifiable to kill a human on the context of making mockery of a prophet. Are Muslims justified by killing people because of the cartoon of their prophet.

This is like assuming a position or a believe system, then start scrambling for any possible justification to cover up errors inherent in the believe system.
they didnt mock the prophet, they mocked God, They insinuate him not to be God's propht or worst still the God he represent is fake, same thing u are trying to do now, God forgive you brother, and catch you soul
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
winner01:
If God created man, then how could man ever probe God's existence with his created senses. - ME grin

"Plenty of people name their children Christian. No one wants to name their child Atheist." - Anonymous

I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.--Abraham Lincoln

If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. --Evelyn Underhill

"How else can you fight God but to pretend He doesn't exist?" - Chris Bowyer

If we were to judge nature by common sense or likelihood, we wouldn't believe the world existed. --Annie Dillard

To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge" --Ravi Zacharias

Without God man has no reference point to define himself. 20th century philosophy manifests the chaos of man seeking to understand himself as a creature with dignity while having no reference point for that dignity. --R. C. Sproul

I hope for the day when everyone can speak again of God without embarrassment. --Paul Tillich

Those who believe they believe in God but without passion in the heart, without anguish of mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, and even at times without despair, believe only in the idea of God, and not in God himself. --Madeleine L'Engle

A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol. --Deitrich Bonhoeffer

I'm still an atheist, thank God.
Luis Bunuel

If atheism spread, it would become a religion as intolerable as the ancient ones. --Gustave le Bon

You think you are too intelligent to believe in God. I am not like you. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Can one be a saint if God does not exist? That is the only concrete problem I know of today. ?Albert Camus

By night, an atheist half-believes in God. ?Edward Young

If there be a God and one has never sought him, it will be small consolation to remember that one could not get proof of his existence. ?George MacDonald

A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower. --C.S. Lewis

We may seek God by our intellect, but we only can find him with our heart. ?Cotvos

I believe in God as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. --C. S. Lewis

"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist that there is no God." - Heywood Broun

"If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion." - Edmond and Jules de Goncourt

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." - C.S. Lewis

"It is largely because the free-thinkers, as a school, have hardly made up their minds whether they want to be more optimist or more pessimist than Christianity that their small but sincere movement has failed. For the duel is deadly; and any agnostic who wishes to be anything more than a Nihilist must sympathize with one version of nature or the other." - GK Chesterton

"The atheist has no hope." - J.F. Clarke

Out of the original point bro. You don't seize to amaze me.
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
Yaksson:

they didnt mock the prophet, they mocked God, They insinuate him not to be God's propht or worst still the God he represent is fake, same thing u are trying to do now, God forgive you brother, and catch you soul

Ok.

Then is god justified for killing them for mere mocking him. Can Buhari be justified for killing many Nigerians for mocking him. That's the point.
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
"Opposition to godliness is Atheism in profession and idolatry in practice. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors." - Sir Isaac Newton

"Some atheists are quite explicit that their atheism comes first. One of the most famous is Richard Lewontin, a professor of genetics, who said it wasn't science that compelled him to accept a materialistic explanation of the universe. It was an a priori materialism." - John Lennox

"Worldwide, the march of religion can probably only be reversed by a renewed, self-aware secularism. Today, it appears exhausted and lacking in confidence... Secularism's greatest triumphs owe less to science than to popular social movements like nationalism, socialism and 1960s anarchist-liberalism. Ironically, secularism's demographic deficit means that it will probably only succeed in the twenty-first century if it can create a secular form of 'religious' enthusiasm." - Professor Eric Kaufmann, Birbeck College, University of London, UK

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. - Sir Francis Bacon

God never wrought miracles to convince atheism, because his ordinary works convince it. - Sir Francis Bacon

"The Scripture saith, The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God; it is not said, The fool hath thought in his heart; so as he rather saith it, by rote to himself, as that he would have, than that he can thoroughly believe it, or be persuaded of it....It appeareth in nothing more, that atheism is rather in the lip, than in the heart of man." - Sir Francis Bacon, his essay Of Atheism

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being." - Albert Einstein

"There are no reliable connections - whether in logic or history - between atheism, science and liberal values." - Atheist John Gray

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence." - Carl Sagan

"The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins." - John Calvert, Intelligent Design leader

"As far as science goes, science is dependent on the uniformity of nature, or no scientific prediction could be made. Problem is, no atheistic worldview can account for the uniformity of nature, the very foundation of science." - Christian apologist Sye Ten Bruggencate

“It’s important to understand that an atheist is someone who believes the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything. Some fundamental atheists will deny this by trying to redefine ‘nothing’ as being ‘something,’ because such a thought makes them look like a fool, which is precisely what the Bible says that they are (see Psalm 14:1) - Ray Comfort
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by menesheh(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
winner01:
"Opposition to godliness is Atheism in profession and idolatry in practice. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors." - Sir Isaac Newton

"Some atheists are quite explicit that their atheism comes first. One of the most famous is Richard Lewontin, a professor of genetics, who said it wasn't science that compelled him to accept a materialistic explanation of the universe. It was an a priori materialism." - John Lennox

"Worldwide, the march of religion can probably only be reversed by a renewed, self-aware secularism. Today, it appears exhausted and lacking in confidence... Secularism's greatest triumphs owe less to science than to popular social movements like nationalism, socialism and 1960s anarchist-liberalism. Ironically, secularism's demographic deficit means that it will probably only succeed in the twenty-first century if it can create a secular form of 'religious' enthusiasm." - Professor Eric Kaufmann, Birbeck College, University of London, UK

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. - Sir Francis Bacon

God never wrought miracles to convince atheism, because his ordinary works convince it. - Sir Francis Bacon

"The Scripture saith, The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God; it is not said, The fool hath thought in his heart; so as he rather saith it, by rote to himself, as that he would have, than that he can thoroughly believe it, or be persuaded of it....It appeareth in nothing more, that atheism is rather in the lip, than in the heart of man." - Sir Francis Bacon, his essay Of Atheism

"I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being." - Albert Einstein

"There are no reliable connections - whether in logic or history - between atheism, science and liberal values." - Atheist John Gray

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence." - Carl Sagan

"The Seventh Judicial Circuit of the Court of Appeals of the United States held that atheism is a religion. Therefore, it cannot be promoted by a public school. Currently, public schools are often unwittingly promoting atheism through a dogmatic and uncritical teaching of materialistic theories of origins." - John Calvert, Intelligent Design leader

"As far as science goes, science is dependent on the uniformity of nature, or no scientific prediction could be made. Problem is, no atheistic worldview can account for the uniformity of nature, the very foundation of science." - Christian apologist Sye Ten Bruggencate

“It’s important to understand that an atheist is someone who believes the scientific impossibility that nothing created everything. Some fundamental atheists will deny this by trying to redefine ‘nothing’ as being ‘something,’ because such a thought makes them look like a fool, which is precisely what the Bible says that they are (see Psalm 14:1) - Ray Comfort

Haha you love to spoil show brotherly by these overly copy from a site and paste. I noticed there is no time for you to type on your own.

You even made it known that you don't need to read Through the post but just looking at the headline is pretty ok for you to start posting this long age posts.

1 Like

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by frank317: 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
winner01:
In other news, now that you've mentioned me, may i make my presence known? grin

"It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion." -Francis Bacon

"If you don't believe in God, all you have to believe in is decency. Decency is very good. Better decent than indecent. But I don't think it's enough."
-Harold Macmillan

"What you don't understand is that it is possible to be an atheist, it is possible not to know if God exists or why He should, and yet to believe that man does not live in a state of nature but in history, and that history as we know it now began with Christ, it was founded by Him on the Gospels."
-Boris Pasternak

"No one can be an unbeliever nowadays. The Christian Apologists have left one nothing to disbelieve."
-Hector Hugh Munro

"An atheist is a man who believes himself an accident."
~ Francis Thompson

"Among the repulsions of atheism for me has been its drastic uninterestingness as an intellectual position. Where was the ingenuity, the ambiguity, the humanity (in the Harvard sense) of saying that the universe just happened to happen and that when we're dead we're dead?"
-John Updike

"Atheism is rather in the life than in the heart of man."
-Francis Bacon

"Atheism is the result of ignorance and pride; of strong sense and feeble reasons; of good eating and ill-living. It is the plague of society, the corrupter of manners, and the underminer of property."
-Jeremy Collier

"A disbelief in God does not result in a belief in nothing; disbelief in God usually results in a belief in anything." -Arthur Lynch

"The only atheism is the denial of truth."-Arthur Lynch

"He who never thirsts for God here, will thirst for Him before he has been dead a minute."- B. North

"The three great apostles of practical atheism, that make converts without persecuting, and retain them without preaching, are wealth, health and power."
-C C Colton

"Atheist's don't exist. If you ask anyone why they are an atheist they will proceed to explain their religion of non belief." -Monksarnn

"An atheist is one who hopes the Lord will do nothing to disturb his disbelief." -Franklin P. Jones

"To doubt is not sin, but to be contented to remain in doubt when God has provided "many infallible proofs" to cure it, is." -Irwin H. Linton

"There is no being eloquent for atheism. In that exhausted receiver the mind cannot use its wings,- the clearest proof that it is out of its element." -Hare

"No man will say, "There is no God" 'till he is so hardened in sin that it has become his interest that there should be none to call him to account." -Mathew Henry

"No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court."
-Arkansas State Constitution

"That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of God; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution.” -Maryland State Constitution

"No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state."- Mississippi State Constitution

"The following persons shall be disqualified for office: First, any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God."- North Carolina State Constitution

"No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office under this Constitution." -South Carolina State Constitution

"No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state."- Tennessee State Constitution

"No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being. -Texas State Constitution"

"No person who acknowledges the being of a God and a future state of rewards and punishments shall, on account of his religious sentiments, be disqualified to hold any office or place of trust or profit under this Commonwealth." -Pennsylvania State Constitution

"Again, I hear almost everyday from atheists who write off religion as primitive, premodern nonsense. I summon Aquinas, Augustine, Paul [of Tarsus], Teresa of Avila, Joseph Ratzinger, and Edith Stein--in all their intellectual rigor--as allies in the the struggle against this dismissive atheism." -Fr Robert Barron.

“If there were no God, there would be no atheists.”-GK Chesterton. (I love this one grin, ive always spoken of the atheists obsession for God)

"The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful, and has nobody to thank."- Dante Gabriel Rossetti

"The atheist can appeal to nothing absolute, nothing objectively true for all people, it is just mere opinion enforced by might. The Christian appeals to a standard outside himself/herself in which truth and qualitative values can be made sense of." -Peter Huff

"There are those who hate Christianity and call their hatred an all-embracing love for all religions."- G.K. Chesterton

"A great many of those who 'debunk' traditional...values have in the background values of their own which they believe to be immune from the debunking process."- C.S. Lewis

"I was at this time of living, like so many Atheists or Anti-theists, in a whirl of contradictions. I maintained that God did not exist. I was also very angry with God for not existing. I was equally angry with Him for creating a world." C.S. Lewis

"God exist whether or not men may choose to believe in Him. The reason why many people do not believe in God is not so much that it is intellectually impossible to believe in God, but because belief in God forces that thoughtful person to face the fact that he is accountable to such a God."- Robert A. Laidlaw

"Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God. "-Tom Stoppard

"Still, even the most admirable of atheists is nothing more than a moral parasite, living his life based on borrowed ethics. This is why, when pressed, the atheist will often attempt to hide his lack of conviction in his own beliefs behind some poorly formulated utilitarianism, or argue that he acts out of altruistic self-interest. But this is only post-facto rationalization, not reason or rational behavior."- Vox Day

"Atheists are idiots."-The Masked Angel

Now that u are through wasting ur time ranting off point. Respond to the op and watch your belief get dismantled as usual.
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
"Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman." - Laurence J. Peter

"Among the repulsions of atheism for me has been its drastic un-interestingness as an intellectual position. Where was the ingenuity, the ambiguity, the humanity...of saying that the universe just happened to happen and that when we're dead we're dead?" - John Updike

"In a power hungry, power worshipping society, men label themselves atheist." - Ernest Hemingway

"If God does not exist, then everything is permissible." - Ivan Karamazov in the novel The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Atheism is indeed the most daring of all dogmas,...[f]or it is the assertion of a universal negative...." - G.K. Chesterton

"The absence of a debate with the foremost apologist for Christian theism is a glaring omission on your CV and is of course apt to be interpreted as cowardice on your part." - Dr. Daniel Came, a member of the Faculty of Philosophy at Oxford University writing to fellow agnostic/atheist Richard Dawkins concerning his refusal to debate Dr. William Lane Craig

"Look at Satan's reason for rebelling against God. It's not that he doesn't recognize that God is greater than he is. He does. It's just that he doesn't want to play by anybody else's rules. This idea that it is better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven is Satan's motto, and it turns out that this is also the motto of contemporary atheists such as Christopher Hitchens." - Dinesh D'Souza

"The real attitude of sin in the heart towards God is that of being without God; it is pride, the worship of myself, that is the great atheistic fact in human life." – Oswald Chambers

"The freethinkers have yet to produce any objections that have not long been refuted most thoroughly. But since they are not motivated by the love of truth, and since they have an entirely different point of view, we should not be surprised that the best refutations count for nothing and that the weakest and most ridiculous reasoning, which has so often been shown to be baseless, is continuously repeated. If these people maintained the slightest rigor, the slightest taste for the truth, it would be quite easy to steer them away from their errors; but their tendency towards stubbornness makes this completely impossible." - Leonhard Euler

"Atheism is a bleak worthless ideology. It robs the brain of reason, the conscience of moral guidance, the mind of tranquility and the soul of hope." - Nana Yiadom, March 11, 2011

"Atheism, the Result of Ignorance and Pride; of strong Senses, and feeble Reason; of Good Eating and Ill Living! Atheism, the Plague of Society, the Corrupter of Manners, and the Underminer of Property!" - Jeremy Collier

"The irony of intolerant atheists is remarkable. They proudly declare their open-mindedness, and in the same breath they work feverishly to extinguish by force any mention of God, any support to theism, in civic life. Are you puzzled by this? Don't be. Censorship is in atheism's marrow... Moreover, atheism cannot withstand reasoned examination. The assertion that everything came from nothing, without reason and without moral law, isn't defensible in rational discourse, so silent assent is necessary to hold sway over culture." - Michael Egnor

"I will make a prediction, right here and now.... The number of people identifying as atheists will stagnate or even shrink, because organized atheism is happily in the process of destroying itself with regressive social attitudes, scandals, and their bizarre focus on irrelevant metaphysical differences that don’t help people...Unless we change. - Atheist PZ Myers, On September 27, 2014 in a blog post entitled The Atheist Disillusionment

"...I don’t object to bestiality in a very limited set of specific conditions..." - the atheist and evolutionist PZ Myers, Atheism and bestiality

"God is dead not because He doesn’t exist, but because we live, play, procreate, govern, and die as though He doesn’t." - Chuck Colson

"An irreligious man, a speculative or practical atheist, is as a sovereign who voluntarily takes off his crown and declares himself unworthy to reign. - John Stuart Blackie

“If mainstream freethought and humanism continue to reflect the narrow cultural interests of white elites who have disposable income to go to conferences then the secular movement is destined to remain marginal and insular.” - Atheist Dr. Sikivu Hutchinson

The truth of God's existence is the benchmark from which all landmarks are located. The truth of God's existence is the foundation on which all truth rests. God existed before evil existed, and God will exist after evil is confined in outer darkness.... To deny the existence of God is an act of insanity so severe that God says that person is a fool (Psalm 14:1; 53:1). - Dr. Joseph Thomas Kennedy

"Claiming that God does not exist, or that He is dead, is the expression, not of truth, but of hope, for nothing would please the unregenerate heart more than to be rid of God." - Dr. Joseph Thomas Kennedy

"Most societies or communities that have espoused atheistic beliefs have not survived more than a century...What I found was the complete lack of a single case of a secular population, community or movement that would just manage to retain replacement level." - Michael Blume, a researcher at the University of Jena in Germany on the fertility rate of atheistic societies

"Readers familiar with Reddit’s atheism community, r/atheism, may not be surprised to learn that I think it exemplifies many negative aspects of modern atheism — hatred, prejudice, and belief by cultural conformation rather than rational inquiry." - Vlad Chituc.

"I find that contemporary atheists take great umbrage at the biblical claim that God holds people to be morally culpable for their unbelief. They want to maintain their unbelief in God without accepting the responsibility for it. ...unbelief is a choice. It is a choice to resist the force of the evidence and the drawing of God’s Holy Spirit. The unbeliever is like someone dying of a fatal disease who refuses to believe the medical evidence concerning the efficacy of a proffered cure and who rejects the testimony of his doctor to it and who, as a result, suffers the consequence of his own stubbornness. He has no one to blame but himself." - William Lane Craig

"And who can deny that Stalin and Mao, not to mention Pol Pot and a host of others, all committed atrocities in the name of a Communist ideology that was explicitly atheistic? Who can dispute that they did their bloody deeds by claiming to be establishing a “new man” and a religion-free utopia? These were mass murders performed with atheism as a central part of their ideological inspiration, they were not mass murders done by people who simply happened to be atheist." - Dinesh D’Souza

"The atheists are for the most part impudent and misguided scholars who reason badly who, not being able to understand the Creation, the origin of evil, and other difficulties, have recourse to the hypothesis the eternity of things and of inevitability." - Voltaire

"A man that is endued with the powers of reason, by which he is capable of knowing, serving, glorifying, and enjoying his Maker, and yet lives without God in the world, is certainly the most despicable and the most miserable animal under the sun." - Matthew Henry

"No man will say, There is no God till he is so hardened in sin that it has become his interest that there should be none to call him to account." - Matthew Henry

"Atheists put on false courage and alacrity in the midst of their darkness and apprehensions, like children who, when they fear to go in the dark, will sing for fear." - Alexander Pope

"An atheist’s most embarrassing moment is when he feels profoundly thankful for something, but can’t think of anybody to thank for it" - Mary Anne Vincent

If there were no God there would be no atheists. - G. K. Chesterton

"Nobody talks so constantly about God as those who insist there is no God." Heywood Broun

“He was an embittered atheist, the sort of atheist who does not so much disbelieve in God as personally dislike Him.” - George Orwell, Down and Out in Paris and London

"God exist whether or not men may choose to believe in Him. The reason why many people do not believe in God is not so much that it is intellectually impossible to believe in God, but because belief in God forces that thoughtful person to face the fact that he is accountable to such a God." - Robert A. Laidlaw

"'It's an interesting view of atheism, as a sort of crutch for those who can't bear the reality of God.'" - Tom Stoppard

"I gave in, and admitted that God was God." - ex-atheist C.S. Lewis, On relinquishing atheism at age 31

"I was at this time of living, like so many Atheists or Anti-theists, in a whirl of contradictions. I maintained that God did not exist. I was also very angry with God for not existing. I was equally angry with Him for creating a world." - C.S. Lewis

"In his book Modern Times, the historian Paul Johnson referred to Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini as the three devils of the twentieth century. Interestingly, Nietzschean dogma influenced each of them." - Ravi Zacharias

"The atheist risk everything for the present and the future, on the basis of a belief that we are uncaused by any intelligent being. We just happen to be here. That one is willing to live and die in that belief is a very high price to pay for conjecture." - Ravi Zacharias

In his essay rebutting a work of atheist Jeffery Jay Lowder Christian apologist JP Holding wrote the following: "...I find that there is no such thing as "reasonable nonbelief." The litany of excuses, wild speculations, and other absurdities ground out by skeptics and critics doesn't deserve the adjective "reasonable"."

"[S]upposing all the great points of atheism, as the casual or eternal formation of the world, the materiality of a thinking substance, the mortality of the soul, the fortuitous organization of the body, the motions and gravitation of matter, with the like particulars, were laid together and formed into a kind of creed, according to the opinions of the most celebrated atheists; I say, supposing such a creed as this were formed and imposed upon any one people in the world, whether it would not require an infinitely greater measure of faith, than any set of articles [of faith] which they so violently oppose?" - Joseph Addison, The Spectator

"It is hard to see how a great man can be an atheist. Without the sustaining influence of faith in a divine power we could have little faith in ourselves. We need to feel that behind us is intelligence and love. Doubters do not achieve; skeptics do not contribute; cynics do not create. Faith is the great motive power, and no man realizes his full possibilities unless he has the deep conviction that life is eternally important, and that his work, well done, is a part of an unending plan." - Calvin Coolidge, speech

"Now, nothing can be brought from potentiality to actual existence except through something actually existing...." - St. Thomas Aquinas

"He complained in no way of the evil reputation under which he lived, indeed, all over the world, and he assured me that he himself was of all living beings the most interested in the destruction of Superstition, and he avowed to me that he had been afraid, relatively as to his proper power, once only, and that was on the day when he had heard a preacher, more subtle than the rest of the human herd, cry in his pulpit: "My dear brethren, do not ever forget, when you hear the progress of lights praised, that the loveliest trick of the Devil is to persuade you that he does not exist!" - Charles Baudelaire's short story, "The Generous Gambler" written in 1864

"Christianity founds hospitals, and atheists are cured in them, never knowing they owe their cure to Christ." - William Temple

"Atheism is a disease of the mind caused by eating underdone philosophy" - Austin O'Malley

"Still, even the most admirable of atheists is nothing more than a moral parasite, living his life based on borrowed ethics. This is why, when pressed, the atheist will often attempt to hide his lack of conviction in his own beliefs behind some poorly formulated utilitarianism, or argue that he acts out of altruistic self-interest. But this is only post-facto rationalization, not reason or rational behavior." - Vox Day

"These days, barely a week passes without the emergence of yet more evidence that atheists are the most irritating people on Earth." - the atheist Brendan O'Neill, The Telegraph, "How Atheists Became the Most Colossally Smug and Annoying People on the Planet", August 14th, 2013

"One of the things that made me suffer no regret when I was called away from the cramped intellectual jail of atheism into a wider and more wonderful world, was my growing conviction that my fellow atheists were shallow, men without insight into real human nature." - ex-atheist and science fiction writer John C. Wright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
menesheh:

Haha you love to spoil show brotherly by these overly copy from a site and paste. I noticed there is no time for you to type on your own.

You even made it known that you don't need to read Through the post but just looking at the headline is pretty ok for you to start posting this long age posts.
Yeah bro, I'm sorry i typed my first reply sef. I should have just filled the page with nice quotes. cool

When i have some time to spare, we can then go on our usual 7 page argument. wink

How are you this sunday? grin
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
menesheh:

Ok.

Then is god justified for killing them for mere mocking him. Can Buhari be justified for killing many Nigerians for mocking him. That's the point.
is buhari God? dont be A FOOOL, can buhari create live? why are you so shallow in your thoughts? tell me, who created the carbon that made up ur brains? is it buhari? you? or ur parent? or is it God? please tell me, who? that person that created it was the same person that has the right over it, you believe that it is God that killed those youth using those beers but you do not believe that God exist or has power over all? If he has the power to command life( making the beers kill those youth)n does he not have the power to make it? and take it? all sins MUST be punished especially if you are very stupid to mock the most powerful of all (i.e God Himself). no wonder u are an atheist, what else could justify your shallow thinking, comparing men with God!

1 Like

Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
frank317:

Now that u are through wasting ur time ranting off point. Respond to the op and watch your belief get dismantled as usual.
Like the one wen you dismantle yesterday shey? undecided

grin grin
Re: why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same by winner01(m): 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
menesheh:

All of these are logical fallacies. The predominant fallacy is from ignorant. Sorry not meant to offend you.
grin grin grin grin
You try. grin grin

NEXT!!! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Noahs Ark vs Queen Mary ll / Pastor Adefarasin Absent At Pastor Ekwueme’s Valedictory Service / The Gospel Is Totally Free Pastor Benny Hinn Apologize!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.