Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

How To Choose The Perfect Name For Your Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Choose The Perfect Name For Your Business (3135 Views)

DEAL: Get The Perfect Niched Nigerian Instagram Accounts For Your Business / How To Get The Perfect Startup Business Ideas / How To Choose The Perfect Name For Your Business Or Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose The Perfect Name For Your Business by uchelouis45(m): 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Getting a business name can be pretty hard because you are faced with the fact that the success of your small business depends on it.

Business names can make or mar your new venture whether its online or offline. The key to winning here is to keep it short, unique and memorable. Below are ways to create a dynamic name for your business.

1. Find a List of Words that Describes Your Business

Let me give an example. Suppose you want to establish an energy or a chemical related company, the name REDCAT ANOX will serve perfectly because these are phrases that describe the activities of your business. In an electrochemical cell, REDuction occurs at the CAThode (REDCAT) while OXidation occurs at the ANode (ANOX) hence the name REDCAT ANOX. Microsoft is an example of this style which means MICROprocessing SOFTware.

2. Choose From Nature

Except its trademarked, you are free to choose from nature. Better still, you can alter the exact word to suit your taste as in Gossy Water (from ikoGOSI warm springs). Other examples include

Sequoia. A huge tree but its used by toyota
Adobe Creek in California used by Adobe Systems
Puma is a wild cat also known as the Cougar or Mountain Lion

3. You Are Your Business. Use Your Name.

Naming your business after you or anyone is a common practice therefore I won't go into much details here but the good thing is that as long as the venture lives, its one of the ways to preserve your legacy. Example: SIEMENS, BOSCH, DANGOTE, FORD, MERCEDES BENZ, ADIDAS (ADolf DASsler).

4. It Must Not Be In English!

The goal is to get a unique that is easy to remember. The Latin, Roman, Greek and Spanish cultures provide words that can boost the reputation of your brand. Check out for words that match your business or choose from Mythological figures. NIKE is the greek goddess of fertiity. UNIDAS means united in spanish.

5. Abstract Names

Yup! I like this one. One example here is Oracle which refers to a soothsayer or prophet. Virgin was chosen by Sir Richard Branson because he was new to business as at that time. I suggest you get a thesaurus for this part.

There are so many ways to name your business. Want some feedback on your name idea feel free to contact me on 07062941443. I will be happy to share my thoughts on your brand name.
Re: How To Choose The Perfect Name For Your Business by mrsage(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Good
Re: How To Choose The Perfect Name For Your Business by Simonokeh7(m): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2018
How abt i name it after my local govt area tnk u

(1) (Reply)

How To Know A Good Fairly Used Laptop / How To Start Registering WAEC/NECO/JAMB In A Business Centre / Car Wash Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.