Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Combining 9-5 And Running Your Personal Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Combining 9-5 And Running Your Personal Business (985 Views)

How To Have A Good Time Doing A 9 - 5 Job / 7 Smart Ways To Balance Your Personal Life And Work Life / There Is Nothing Wrong With A 9-5 Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Combining 9-5 And Running Your Personal Business by Greenvilla(m): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
Good day people,

Straight to the point

Been working in the banking sector for 5 years now, been doing Ok but I have always been hearing about having a second source of income and entrepreneurship by friends and on forums like this.

Problem is it has not been easy venturing into business due to

•Working in the bank takes a whole lot of my time

•Haven’t been able to come up with any good business plan

•Have gotten my fingers burnt on several occasions by close friends and colleagues who come with lovely business ideas but as soon as you part with cash, stories start coming up here and there and you end up not even seeing your capital.

I have come to discover that you can’t leave another man to run your business for you. You have to have expertise on the business you are venturing into and you also need to be available in order to avoid stories.
Question

9-5 people who have gone on to open business while still being an employee of an organization, how did you do it?

What advice do you have for a fresher who wants to venture into business and still maintain their job?
Re: Combining 9-5 And Running Your Personal Business by Trunaijian: 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
am on same page with you on this. although i work in the public sector. recently, i and a friend have been planning venturing into a business and have already got the ball rolling. to be frank with you, i have not figured out how am gonna manage the 9-5 thing at the office and still monitor my investment but am not allowing that stop me. the cushion i may say i have is that my friend is someone i have known for over 20 years and there is trust. but i know eventually i still have to avail myself when critical decisions are to be made. if you were in Abuja, i would have advised you to invest in property by buying reasonably affordable lands with potentials and selling in about 6-12 months time and making something good out of it. i have a couple of banker friends who are into that and they have been lucky to benefit.

summarily, you cant eat your cake and have it, somethings gotta give. if you remain in a 9-5 job, you cant engage in a business that will require regular monitoring. your girlfriend, wife could be a good option to oversee the business for you. otherwise you will have to explore other investments like properties.
Re: Combining 9-5 And Running Your Personal Business by ptoall1000: 12:28am On Apr 28, 2016
Can anyone share success story along this line,?

(1) (Reply)

Learn 3ds Max. MAYA. Cinema 4D. Lumion. Solid Works.. @bigbooks / Get Free Access To Over 200k Hot Premium Video Courses Online(lynda.com) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.