Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days (868 Views)

Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 Support Next Week – Here’s What To Do Now / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / Do I Really Need An Antivirus For Windows 8.1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by DharmyYinks: 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
Microsoft released Windows 8 late 2012 and just about three years later, it is ending support for the operating system. Just like Windows Vista, the OS was doomed to fail and the huge amount of negative feedback pushed Microsoft to release Windows 8.1 which was only fairly better.

Normally, versions of Windows enjoy about 10 years of support but in just three years, Microsoft is already retiring Windows 8. By January 12, the very last batch of update will be pushed to Windows 8 after which Microsoft is done.

According to Microsoft :

"End of support refers to the date when Microsoft no longer provides automatic fixes, updates, or online technical assistance. This is the time to make sure you have the latest available update or service pack installed.

Without Microsoft support, you will no longer receive security updates that can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software that can steal your personal information."

When Windows 8.1 was released , Microsoft treated it like a service pack to Windows 8 instead of another version of the OS. This means that all Windows 8 users are expected to upgrade to Windows 8.1 so as to benefit from the extended support.

The 13th day of this month is the day Microsoft pulls the plug on Windows 8 and users are expected to upgrade to at least, Windows 8.1.

Upgrading to Windows 8.1 extends the support to 10th Jan., 2023.

You are advised to upgrade to Windows 10 which has a lot of advantages over previous versions of Windows.

Source: geek.ng/2016/01/microsoft-is-killing-windows-8-next-week.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+doncaprio+%28Doncaprio.com+RSS+Feed%29/

Cc: Lalasticlala Spydancer

Save a PC owner using Windows 8

Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by Mckandre(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
i done tire for windows 10, too much looku looku, abeg where is that voice from start menu coming from? how do i shut her up?
Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by DharmyYinks: 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
Mckandre:
i done tire for windows 10, too much looku looku, abeg where is that voice from start menu coming from? how do i shut her up?
Lolz.. She likes u ni
Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
open up command prompt and press "format c: /u" without the quotes, there you go, you have her lips sealed already grin grin grin grin
Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by vosquare: 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
Jregz:
open up command prompt and press "format c: /u" without the quotes, there you go, you have her lips sealed already grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by suruwilliams(m): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
My dell inspiron was hot when I. Installed window 10 I had to port back to window 8.1 nawa o
Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2016
vosquare:

grin grin

hehe....
Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by Mckandre(m): 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2016
Jregz:
your plan no go work
Re: Microsoft Is Killing Windows 8 In Just 2 Days by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
Mckandre:
your plan no go work

i don't know what you are talking about undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

GPON Service Multiplexing / I Need A Screen For My HP Laptop Dm4 / Problem With My Flash Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.