Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,304 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested (439 Views)

NBC Past Questions And Answers For Aptitude Test 2017 (how To Write The Exam) / Nbc Coca-cola Finally Launches 60cl Pet Bottle / Breaking:Assemblies Of God Church Paul Emeka Finally Defeats Chidi Okorafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested by jcflex(m): 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested Emeka Mba, the Director General of the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission over an alleged N15 billion fraud, PREMIUM TIMES can authoritatively report.

Mr. Mba was arrested on Monday morning in Abuja and taken to the EFCC’s headquarters where he is currently being interrogated.
Those familiar with the investigation told PREMIUM TIMES the EFCC had been investigating the NBC in the past one month.

Last week, some detectives stormed the headquarters of the NBC, ransacking computers and files in the Finance and Account unit.
During the operation, some key Accounts staff where taken away.

Sources said the arrested officials made confessional statements to the EFCC implicating Mr. Mba and some top officials of the NBC.
When contacted, the EFCC spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, said he was on an official assignment in Lagos and had not been briefed.

But a top official of the anti-graft agency said: “Yes, he (Mr. Mba) is with us. We are investigating massive diversion of public funds and we’re making progress. Mba definitely has questions to answer.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/196600-breaking-nbc-director-general-emeka-mba-arrested.html
Re: NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested by geesilver(m): 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
This people have really drain this country. No more looting in millions what you hear is billions, trillions naira and dollars. Sometimes I ask my self if all this stories are real considering the amount involves.......
Re: NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested by Cavenchy(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hmm
Re: NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested by Milliprime: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
We are watching how the drama will unfold.

Nigeria my country season of harassing and arresting, everyday things are becoming worst.

I pray for my country Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

[BREAKING] Barcelona’s Javier Mascherano Sentenced To Jail / Health Alert: Countries With Active Zika Virus Via Firstladynaija.com / How Will Someone Born On February 29th Celebrate Their Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.