Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note (1110 Views)

6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note by ericuzor(m): 6:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
It happened few years ago, I was in an audience listening to a motivational speaker. The speaker got out his wallet & pulled out a 500 Naira note. Holding it up, he asked, “Who wants this 500 Naira note?”
Lots of hands went up. Including mine. A slow chorus began to build as people began to chant “I want it!” “I want it!!” “I want it!!!”.
I began to wonder who the lucky one would be, who the speaker would choose. And I also secretly wondered why he would simply give away 500 Naira. Even as the shouts of “I want it” grew louder, I noticed a young lady running down the aisle.
She ran up onto the stage, went up to the speaker, and grabbed the five 500 Naira note from his hand.
“Well done, young lady,” said the speaker into the microphone.
The speaker simply said “Most of us just sit and wait for good things to happen. That’s of no use. You’ve got to make things happen. Make a move.“
“Simply thinking about doing something is of no use and not good enough.” Our lives are like that.
We all see opportunities around us. We all want the good things. But the problem is we don’t take action.
We all want the 500 Naira note on offer. But we don’t make the move. We look at it longingly.
Get up, and do something about it. Don’t worry about what other people might think. Stop dreaming and start acting.
Take action!
Later, the speaker got another 500 Naira note and held it up for all to see
I thought I knew what’s up. But he just asked a simple question. “How much is this worth?” “Five Hundred Naira!” the crowd yelled in unison. “Right,” said the speaker. Thereafter, he took the note and crumpled it into a ball and asked “How much is it worth now?”
“Five Hundred Naira!” screamed the audience.
He then threw the note on the ground, stamped all over it, picked it up and asked one more time: “And how much is it worth now?” “Five Hundred Naira!” was the response.
“I want you to remember this,” said the speaker. “Just because someone crumples it, or stamps on it, the value of the note does not diminish. We should all be like the 500 Naira note.''
In our lives, there will be times when we feel crushed, stamped over, beaten and used. But never let your self-worth diminish. Just because someone chooses to crush you and life isn't offering what you expected — doesn’t change your worth one bit!
Never allow your self-worth to diminish because someone says something nasty — or does something dirty — to you.
Never let your self-worth diminish.
remember, it is the knowledge of your quality and the price you place on yourself that determines your value.
Don't ever forget this: I vehemently believe in you. You will succeed!
The Top Is Where You Belong And I'll See You There.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note by moststylish(m): 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2016
nice one
Re: Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note by Jesusfallsatan(f): 6:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nice write-up.

Why N500 notes, it could be N1000naira note or 5dollar bill.
Re: Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note by kboycrew: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
Jesusfallsatan:

Nice write-up.

Why N500 notes, it could be N1000naira note or 5dollar bill.

very myopic thinking
Re: Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note by Jesusfallsatan(f): 9:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
kboycrew:

very myopic thinking

What is myopic about my view? Mr ode! Abi you just heard the word myopic for the first time and you decided to use it. Oponu.
Re: Two Very Important Life Lessons I Learnt From The 500 Naira Note by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Really educating

(1) (Reply)

Ictforchange / How Can I Achieve My Dreams / I Want To Become A Pilot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.