Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) (31526 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Glo Network Just Robbed Me Of My Money (airtime) / Mtn Robbed Me This Morning With True Talk Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by jamex93(m): 10:53am On Jan 12, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 12, 2016
eyah sorry.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Ehinmola(m): 10:56am On Jan 12, 2016
Sue them and claim BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by igraman(m): 10:56am On Jan 12, 2016
xcaliber:
Eeeya! Dr Akinkunmi Feyikemi. Sorry oooo
Seriously ?
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by jacabi(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2016
MTN
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Merlissa(f): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2016
MTN tried that stunt for me last year

i called customer service, i went on twitter @MTN180 and i threatened them

immediately the credited my account.

Just go on twitter and rant.. shout if neccesarry

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by presskid(m): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2016
GO TO TWITTER AND CONTACT THE, MTN RESPONDS TO ALLEGATIONS FASTER ON TWITTER,TWEETTO DEM AND HASHTAG NCC, DEY WILL RESPOND.......CHECK @dawncuzo for evidence
calabaman:
Sorry abt that bro.

I used to b an mtn ccr, seen such a scenario before.

my advice- visit the mtn thread here on NL, give dem a breakdown of what transpired, dey wud investigate and do a chargeless subscription for u.. ie if u havent resubscribed already.

OR you call 180 again, and hopefully you wud meet an agent willing to escalate d issue for resolution by the escalations unit. all hope isnt lost.

Tread carefully around the keyword EXPIRE to 21600 carefully nexttime. its used to deactivate all BB subscriptions on ur line.

#my 2cents
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 12, 2016
Still on celebration mood...

Every goal and title won by Messi last season was a hit bk to bk......

If your a real soccer fan,add me on whatsapp 07033033101 and message me to add you to a soccer fan zone where you meet many club fans like you.. We also help to predict games. You won't regret to be there
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by 4C2215131: 11:09am On Jan 12, 2016
Whether it's Nigerians that are not ready or the business entities themselves or the government eludes me.

In the west, this can never happen as it is prevented in two ways viz.
1.Laws that protect the consumer hence you can sue MTN' ass and:

2.The former won't be necessary because the companies there are obsessed with customer care due to stiff competition and the inherent desire to contribute meaningfully to the lives of people. That is, for lot of the firms in the west it goes beyond profits.

Unfortunately here, NCC is comatose no thanks to corruption, the consumer protection agency is bed-ridden having been diagnosed with an incurable disease that corrupts its body and the consumers themselves always 'leave everything in the hands of God ala "don't worry, God is seeing and/or will judge them".

Newsflash: God will not do for man what he can do for himself, He's too busy making final preparations for the end of the world and judgement day.

Until we hold ourselves, the goverment and these blood-sucking companies accountable, tales.such as the OP posted will continue to be out lot.No be swear o! Just telling it like it is.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 12, 2016
pheyikemi:
Hi everyone, how was your day? I know I'm not a regular face here but pls forgive me, I have to narrate my experience to you guys so u won't get robbed too.
It all started last week Jan 8 when my BIS was to expire, so I quickly recharged prior to that day, cos I preferred auto renewal due to its stress free nature. Jan 9 came and went, nothing happened, Jan 10 came also, meanwhile I couldn't access the network on these days.
Then I called the customer care line YESTERDAY and was told it was the network and that I should send EXPIRE to 21600, of which I did and I got some messages. Lo and behold, the internet usage was restored after my money was deducted for the MONTHLY subscription.
Guess what, I was told my subscription expired today, I immediately called the customer care again and I was told it was network issues which will soon be rectified. Having waited and waited w/out any solution, I called back and a lady called Ese/ Esie told me, there was nothing they could do, she even gave me the option of going to get another money to re-subscribe. angry angry
My reasons for wanting to tell u all what they did was
1. They robbed me on my birthday angry - no fear of God
2. They turned 1 month to 1 day using abraca-dabra - ain't a mu.mu o cheesy
3. If they must save for their fine with the FG, my money shdnt be included fa! angry
In Summary
MTN robbed me angry . Pls read the pictures from the 4th to the 1st, then the 5th

i want to feel sorry 4 u but somehow, I just can't.

Hahahaha! Sorry o!
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Daresh(f): 11:17am On Jan 12, 2016
Why una dey vex? How do u expect them to pay the 1 trillion Naira fine? Na from our head na.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2016
I've moved to glo since...

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by odsniper2(m): 11:28am On Jan 12, 2016
.......MTN is gradually gathering money to pay for their fine and you are there wasting battery, calling CC....
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by skedy1(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2016
I thought I was the only one...

They did same to me for like three months.

I'll subscribe,they'll say It's 2 gig for bbc, but b4 you know it, they'll tell me I have use 2gig within a week plus.

D last time it happened, I had to quietly remove my MTN sim and inserted Glo.

Rocking 3gig just for 1k plus double airtime of that same 1k

#TeamGlo

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Drmlab(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2016
Call Ncc customer care 622 and complain to them
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Wealthycharles(m): 11:42am On Jan 12, 2016
EXACTLY! they did same to me and I mmediately called customer care . I spoke so angrily to d guy dat picked. after all set and done sha, my subscription was later activated but dem nor gree dash me d extra 3 weeks wey suppose follow.......mtn na tif nowadays.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Oghumu1(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2016
Calling them or complaining about what happened won't refund your money. They'll always say "we are sorry for every inconveniences" just call and ask them for the normal process of subscribing or Google it, you'll get better answers.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by andyanders: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
OP, change this topic to read, 'MTN robbed me'MTN service providers are just service robbers and I cannot understand why the NCC is just not doing their work.

MTN is just a fraudulent service provider that rip people off.They are lucky they are doing this in this country.If they try this in The US, they know the legal implication of their action.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by funmz(f): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mtn did the exact thing to me just last december. They de-activated my subscription after a few hours of subscribing. I called and complained severally, they initially tried to blame me that I cancelled the subscription at 4am imagine. I told them that my phone was even switched at that time. Few days later,they re-activated my subscription but it never worked. I dumped them and switched to another network.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by dammykrane(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
calabaman:
Sorry abt that bro.

I used to b an mtn ccr, seen such a scenario before.

my advice- visit the mtn thread here on NL, give dem a breakdown of what transpired, dey wud investigate and do a chargeless subscription for u.. ie if u havent resubscribed already.

OR you call 180 again, and hopefully you wud meet an agent willing to escalate d issue for resolution by the escalations unit. all hope isnt lost.

Tread carefully around the keyword EXPIRE to 21600 carefully nexttime. its used to deactivate all BB subscriptions on ur line.

#my 2cents
. Mtn steal pass naija police...crime section plzzzz.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by lg1001(m): 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
Its funny how people don't pay attention to detail. The subscriber that sent you the message was ''''''''''''''''MTNN''''''''''' and not MTN.

So there you go,,,,,and that was why you were scammed, i suggest you look very well next time.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by giftedben: 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Thats not new.....we all know MTN are Thieves. Experienced exactly this same problem
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by jackie35(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
pheyikemi:
Hi everyone, how was your day? I know I'm not a regular face here but pls forgive me, I have to narrate my experience to you guys so u won't get robbed too.
It all started last week Jan 8 when my BIS was to expire, so I quickly recharged prior to that day, cos I preferred auto renewal due to its stress free nature. Jan 9 came and went, nothing happened, Jan 10 came also, meanwhile I couldn't access the network on these days.
Then I called the customer care line YESTERDAY and was told it was the network and that I should send EXPIRE to 21600, of which I did and I got some messages. Lo and behold, the internet usage was restored after my money was deducted for the MONTHLY subscription.
Guess what, I was told my subscription expired today, I immediately called the customer care again and I was told it was network issues which will soon be rectified. Having waited and waited w/out any solution, I called back and a lady called Ese/ Esie told me, there was nothing they could do, she even gave me the option of going to get another money to re-subscribe. angry angry
3. If they must save for their fine with the FG, my money shdnt be included fa! angry
In Summary
MTN robbed me angry . Pls read the pictures from the 4th to the 1st, then the 5th

MTN has done something similar to me, i loaded a voucher and without making a single call the money was totally deducted. i checked my balance and behold, 0.00k, i called them, i chatted with them, i mailed them but they have no tangible reason for the deduction.
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by akudinaobi(m): 12:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
So this post made front page
Odikwa egwu
Whike good post rotten in nairaland section without hitting fp
This one too made it with dubious head line
Hia
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by PtBlank: 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
pheyikemi:
In Summary

Sorry about what happened OP.

If you can drop your phone number here, I'll have you resubcribed in a couple of hours. This issue happens when you send EXPIRE to 21600 more than once.

Regards,
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by 2goodbobo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
Just call 622 and your issue will be resolved. 622 is NCC Contact centre number. What they do is to take down your complaint
and forward to your service/network providers for prompt resolution. Trust me it works because when they see is from
NCC they always resolve the issue sharply.

2 Likes

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by JideSM: 1:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hi pheyikemi, really sorry to hear this. I run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread (https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread), where this issue could be resolved promptly. Please PM your phone number to me and I will help resolve this.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
blank:

Not true except this is a recent issue. I ported after borrowing N500 and i did not pay back a dime. I cannot stand MTN.
Seriously? that's nice. When my data expires, I'll borrow 2k then port. Though it isn't up to what they've stolen but I'll manage. Thanks
Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
lg1001:
Its funny how people don't pay attention to detail. The subscriber that sent you the message was ''''''''''''''''MTNN''''''''''' and not MTN.

So there you go,,,,,and that was why you were scammed, i suggest you look very well next time.
Bros u just return from Togo?
MTNN & MTN all is MTN

1 Like

Re: How A Robber-network Robbed Me On My Birthday ( Pictures Included) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
JideSM:
Hi pheyikemi, really sorry to hear this. I run a thread here called the MTN Customer Care Thread (https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread), where this issue could be resolved promptly. Please PM your phone number to me and I will help resolve this.
Cheers.
That doesn't change the fact that MTN are thieves. A loyal customer getting ready to port soon. Criminal network. Sometimes I wish the military were still in power

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ten Places Where You Could Charge Your Phone... / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) / My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.