Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

The Truth About Ballon D'or - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Truth About Ballon D'or (639 Views)

The equation of the 2018 Ballon d'Or Winner (Salah/Ronaldo/Messi) / The Truth About Oliseh’s Illness / Everyone Says I Resemble Mikel Obi, Are They Saying The Truth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Ballon D'or by gabylzy(m): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
My friend on facebook wrote this:

Henry Igwe Ogbudimkpa
LET REAL FOOTBALL FANS STAND UP FOR THE BIGGEST, GREATEST AND MOST SHAMEFUL INJUSTICE ABOUT TO HAPPEN..
Ever since Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini were caught and disgraced for corruption, then I had atleast peace of mind.
Many atrocities have happened in football that where overlooked.
It's time we take the mantle and tackle one of the BIGGEST SCANDAL ever witnessed in football once and for all.
It's the case of BALLON D'OR.
We've passed the era where Zidane won this award by scoring only 3 club goals that year (1998).
We've passed the time where a defender won it (2006).
We've passed the era where Ronaldo de lima scored only 8 goals in a year yet won it because he won the World cup (2002).
This award have lost its credentials since 2010 or will I say since one quarter dim-wit robbed Mikel Obi of the best player in that U20 tournament hosted by Holland in 2005.
I've followed football since 1994. No world cup year have any player won the best player of the year award without winning the world cup.
Notably 2006 that Cannavaro won it because he had an excellent year.
It's incredibly alarming that in 2010 it all changed. Why? Because corruption crept in. Because Real football fans were sidelined.
The biggest controversy of this award came in 2010 when it went to the wrong player. A player that came to that world cup and couldn't score A GOAL. A player named as the worst player in that tournament. A player disgraced by Germany in knock-out stages.
That player won it to the amazement of your's truly.
In a world cup year? Christ have mercy!
That was same year that Sneider won the treble with Inter milan including the Champions league. Played in the finals of the world cup and was joint top scorer in that world cup. That player didn't even make the final 3 shortlist. That player knocked Barcelona team led by that quarter dim-wit out from that UCL and scored.
What FIFA told us was that it was about GOALS.
We cried and later accepted.
it was impunity from then on. Nobody cared.
Zlatan said - I do not care about the Ballon d'or again because it has lost its credibility.
In 2012 season, CR7 did the undo-able. He led Real Madrid to the historic title with 100 points and 121 goals. He scored 60 goals that year. Scored against every team in La liga that year. Scored the goal that all but sealed the league at Nou camp.
Another quarter dim wit scored 73 goals with a little CDR trophy to show for it.
In the end, FIFA again gave it to their god citing that he scored MORE GOALS and it was injustice if a player that scored over 90 goals in a calendar year didn't win it.
We cried and accepted it. We moved on.
NB- That was a year Mourinho didn't attend the award gala because he suspected that he wont be given the award but given to Del Bosque who played only about 8 games to win the Euros but not to a man that won a LEAGUE title with 100 points and 121 goals.
Jose said - 'I'm not going because I've work to do'.
It was later revealed that Pandev called Jose to tell him that his vote was changed by FIFA and given to Del Bosque.
Justice was done in 2013 when CR7 won it. The reason he won it? Not that FIFA wanted him to win it because he SCORED MORE GOALS but Sepp Blatter after making fun of CR7 as a bad role model wanted to compensate and save himself from further disgrace by giving him the award. It was widely speculated that Messi would have won it but FIFA extended the voting dates and Blatter pleaded with his excos to rig it in favour of CR7.
In 2014 they had no option but to the rightful winner who had MORE GOALS and TROPHIES.
2015, we are here and we know who should win it.
By FIFA setting or method it's no more who had MORE TROPHIES but who had MORE GOALS in the Calendar year.
CAF crowned Aubemayang as African best despite going TROPHY-LESS because he had MORE GOALS. 27 goals in 27 games last season.
I want to conclusively conclude that there's only going to be one winner tonight and it's

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Ballon D'or by gabylzy(m): 8:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
the player with MORE GOALS IN A CALENDAR YEAR.
If it's not done then it will invariably seal LIONEL MESSI AS THE MOST OVERRATED FOOTBALLER EVER who won most individual awards meant for other players through the back door which is a DISGRACE.
I've spoken!
Shalom!

PS; ts not ma write-up

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Dating 19 Year Old British Girl / Ronaldo Had A Better Career Than Messi (see Details) / 12 Rules Of Football When We Were Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.